Huawei Ascend G300 - user opinions and reviews

Huawei

7.2
7.3
7.2

I have this phone for almost a year now. In the beginning it was a very good phone, functioned well & was pretty fast. Now, after a little less than a year, it goes sooooo slow. It also hasn't enough memory in it (which you can fix with an extern memorycard ofcourse) and gives me default messages alot when I try to open some apps. And with alot, I mean: every time I try to open one, I have to wait 2 minutes because of the defauilts while there is actually nothing wrong with it. Tried to reset it several times, but the problem remains the same. What I miss about this phone is the fact that it doesn't have a frontcam. It would've been lovely. Oh, and the battery dies real quick too. If I have my cellphone on in the morning (with full battery), without really using it, it already ate half the battery by 12 o'clock. When I put it off in the afternoon and I turn my cellphone back on in the evening, I suddenly get a message that my battery's almost dead... I wouldn't really advice this cellphone to anyone, I regret buying it and will buy another phone soon. This one makes me crazy.

• 2014-07-18 09:41
  • mrmU

> In reply to anon @ 2013-11-05 00:29 from vMfZ - click to readyes it does

• 2014-07-12 05:26
  • 7stA

> In reply to Tono @ 2014-03-05 23:37 from LchD - click to readSearch for "CyanogenMod 11 G300" on Google. First result.

• 2014-06-23 19:32
  • LaBu

I own this phone. It has enough power to play smoothly Temple Run 2. I am very happy that i still recive updates to Google Keyboard - awesome. Sometimes you have to give him some time to "think", but overall performance is OK. Weather, Gmail, YouTube, Facebook.
Not best choice for games, but IT'S A PHONE - Made for communications. Tablets are the best choice for games.

Bye Bye!

• 2014-06-23 19:29
  • LaBu

very nice & super phone

• 2014-05-19 08:24
  • s%{f

The battery & charger of any huawei cannot found on a market. Where i get it ? I am living in oromia

• 2014-05-13 19:49
  • S0uA

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-03-25 22:53 from 0xxS - click to readWrong, its the battry life that has poor life.

• 2014-05-06 17:17
  • ShvR

It works well, reactions sometimes freeze but in this price group was the phone with best ratio price/perfomance. Design of this mobile phone is wider as you expect, but in larger hands it fit at all. However, reliability of this phone, form my point of view, decreases to absolute zero, because of error with camera ("cannot connect to camera") and, of course, factory reset was not! helpful. After 1 year of using phone everyday, Ascend started freezing, and only battery takes out was conducive (as well as press the power button did not help), also blue screen of death started shows. After this problems, I must confess that factory reset was not heplful at all, so the phone goes to complaint. Finally, as I asked for a spare parts in repair shop, they (in 3 repair shops) said that, they cannot repair it at all. After all, I do NOT recommend this mobile phone.
Note: My new steps will go to other brands especially Samsung or Sony.

• 2014-04-29 21:58
  • 3Tv0

> In reply to ologbojo @ 2013-10-17 14:01 from Dv0i - click to readyes it does have 3g read the specs

• 2014-04-27 03:00
  • Rxdi

> In reply to Colin @ 2014-04-16 23:40 from 7tY5 - click to readEbay $4.75
Cheers

• 2014-04-23 11:01
  • sG}f

Anyone know where you can get a replacement battery fro this phone? Have spent last 3 weeks in shops and online sites, no one knows anything. (I'm in Australia).

• 2014-04-16 23:40
  • 7tY5

I have one and its great :D Battery life 3-4-5 days depend on what I do :D Like it (Y)

• 2014-04-07 11:41
  • LdQ0

Quite weak one, but I got it cheap so nothing to complain about. Installed slim rom(ICS 4.0.3), works good enough and what most important for me is that battery life is quite good(3-5 days, even possible 7 days), anyway no need to charge everyday. As for power, I don't play too much(mostly emulators), well it is kinda weak, but what do you expect from cheap device.

• 2014-03-25 22:53
  • 0xxS

I cant access the phones internet and Google play with my sim network.

• 2014-03-10 12:48
  • ftMG

> In reply to onex @ 2014-03-02 22:56 from sp4e - click to readCan you tell us what ROM is that? And where can I take it?

• 2014-03-05 23:37
  • LchD

> In reply to charlesT @ 2014-02-19 07:01 from 4{i6 - click to readactually i have it as backup between flagships and it surprises me how well it works with a custom full 4.4.2 ROM

• 2014-03-02 22:56
  • sp4e

don't buy it. slower than any phone I've ever had.

• 2014-02-19 07:01
  • 4{i6

@mada
If you are using ICS:

Press the power button and volume down both at the same time. Keep holding both down until you hear the camera snap sound.

• 2014-01-24 18:02
  • T3ha

Can someone tell me how to make a screenshot on Huawei Ascend G300 ? I just can't find how to screenshot

• 2014-01-22 15:50
  • ntP}

> In reply to Zeddy @ 2014-01-15 12:04 from nG5K - click to readThank you! I'm not fussed about a premium phone I've had a crappy x10 mini for a while. Just found the 3 deal myself and will be doing the same. virgin same offer but can't be used for teathering. sounds perfect for what I need

• 2014-01-17 13:24
  • 6s%T
Total of 615 user reviews and opinions for Huawei Ascend G300.