Huawei Ascend G330 - user opinions and reviews

Huawei

6.8
6.9
6.7

The G330 is a generic Android handset with middle of the road specifications and suspect build quality.
The unit itself looks fine in a dull kind of way - the shape is similar to an iPhone 5 but no one will be fooled when you turn it on.
Huawei wisely leave Android largely stock so you don't have to find your way around an arcane custom UI.
Response is reasonably - screens sometimes stutter and it's not a good idea to have too many apps running, particularly when you're online.
The screen pixel density is lagging behind now. It's not HD but the modest dimensions disguise the lack of pixels reasonably well.
A micro-SD card slot makes upgrading the internal memory pain-free.
My biggest gripe is the poor build. The battery cover feels as though it will fold in half as you prise it off to insert the battery.
The battery cell itself lost its charge after three months.
A month after that the screen digitiser failed and would only respond to button presses on the left hand side. At that point the G330 was put in its box never to be seen again.
I don't treat my handsets badly. In fact, I lavish care on them. The G330 was kept in a leather wallet and, because it was a back up, only used half-a-dozen times. Before it failed, I'd already decided to use it to control my Plex home media PC and chromecast dongle.
For £100 the G330 is so-so value, but paying £100 for a handset that fails after a couple of months of very light use is abysmal.
Sorry Huawei, you'll have to do a helluva lot better than this if you want to gain a place at the top table of Android handset manufacturers.

• 2014-09-24 17:46
  • 3rVe
  • said_jadid66@yahoo.c
  • Rating0

Hello i have Ascend G330, somtime my phone snuff why my phone will be off please help me tanks a lot.

• 2014-07-25 18:22
  • 0yq2

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-01-15 01:07 from 0FiF - click to readmy huawei y300 was switching itself on 3am 4am 5am and sending gps location and also turning on the phonne wifi. I connected my huawei to my pc and looked in the root directory of the phone simcard and there was a log that every hour it was sending my gps and some data (no idea what) - i dowloaded a free antivirus program from google play and that fixed it - - still was not happy so i did factory reset. all fine now. lesson is use a free antivirus from google play.

• 2014-07-12 08:15
  • BwVZ

Anyone know where to buy extra battery?

• 2014-05-25 15:09
  • tRgi

After 12 months use the touch screen was failing occasionally, the phone switches itself on sometimes overnight, the camera appears to photograph several things blue many times. The phone is also slower and programmes are starting to fail more and more regularly. Now the screen of my G330 spontaneously cracked without doing anything to the phone - talk talk, my phone provider says this is not covered by their guarranty and I have to replace the screen at my own cost, then they can replace the phone if other things are failing - has anyone had a similar problem? Thanks.

• 2014-01-15 01:07
  • 0FiF

why my phone showing ikey has stoped

• 2013-12-04 00:48
  • 414x

I had the G330 for 6 months.I had bad experience with this phone. Battery indicator/life is terrible. The battery level can drop very drastically with 2 mins of use. It drops from 45% to 25% in 2 minutes of use. I drops very fast with further use.You can drop form 45% to 15% in about 5 mins of playing games/reading emails/surfing web.

Also the software is very buggy. It has the "com.processor.google.gapps" error popping up every few mins of use. Very irritating. It happens in every circumstances. Imagine typing something and it pops up.
With use the phone can become very very slow. That almost operation (SMS, phone, apps) will hang for 10 seconds or you are prompted to close. At last resort I have to factory reset and after that it cannot work with the SIM card. The SIM card tested fine with every other phones.

Besides the Dual core is based on the A6 ARM core and not the A9 core that all other phone companies uses. Effectively the dual core is not the same as Samsung,HTC.

Worse of all the service is very bad and they would not acknowledge the problem and deny there is any problem.

I wouldn't buy such a phone at any price even if it is cheap. In my opinion not worth the money.

So this is based on facts not on opinion. I owned two Huawei phones and the performance is bad. For serious Andriod buyers choose another phone from Samsung, Sony or HTC. Bad product.Bad service makes it worse.

• 2013-11-29 08:06
  • vjvs

So this is based on facts not on opinion. I owned two Huawei phones and the performance is bad. For serious Andriod buyers choose another phone from Samsung, Sony or HTC. Bad product .bad service makes it worse.

• 2013-11-29 08:03
  • vjvs

pleas,

• 2013-09-10 09:00
  • nC2v

I bought it.5 month ego ,it worth rather than its price,I happy with it

• 2013-08-01 15:32
  • HICj

good,but gsm network cannot use internet .....

• 2013-07-23 12:45
  • j0c1

Bought a dual sim model from ebay, and use Vodaphone sim for my G3 and company sim for work, all in one device. Superfast bootup. Needs a screen protector as soon as possible as easily scratched. Phone calls good quality/ reception, internet a bit slow but ok. Takes a little time for GPS to lock in sometimes. Radio quality very poor. MP3 playback not brill. but ok.Camera is not that good but is usable, with potencial to take the odd good shot, depending on conditions. Absolutely great value which appeals my mean nature. HUAWEI will be my choice when upgrading. Look out Samsung HTC. Huawei have fantastic and high spec. new products on the way.

• 2013-07-19 21:36
  • ABIv

> In reply to mgh @ 2013-07-02 22:38 from HIqf - click to readCamera is slow, what a pity
everything is quite alright
It's bit slow since real RAM just 390MB
I dropped it 10 times, still work fine =))

• 2013-07-03 20:19
  • vNZd

> In reply to parisa @ 2013-06-19 18:32 from HIry - click to readyes, good and powerful

• 2013-07-02 22:38
  • HIqf

pls can someone advice me on phone because i want to buy one

• 2013-06-24 13:55
  • fsTx

> In reply to chfa @ 2013-02-26 01:49 from mFFn - click to readreally?!!do you advise not to buy it?

• 2013-06-19 18:32
  • HIry

Ace phone. Best buy for given price point. Loaded with features and sensors. Some quirky and bad written Apps from Googleplay do not work though, maybe because they have not been tested on this phone.

• 2013-06-11 16:48
  • rxhC

this phone is nt good battery problem, nimbuzz is not working, hang after some times automatically

• 2013-05-27 07:04
  • MsP5

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-04-17 07:42 from PScu - click to readThank you very much ! How about instagram ? I still can't post any photo right now . This thing bother me so much !

• 2013-05-18 11:17
  • IWbW

it has radio

• 2013-05-12 08:50
  • a3bx
Total of 111 user reviews and opinions for Huawei Ascend G330.