Huawei Ascend II - user opinions and reviews

Huawei

6.2
6.1
6.1

when mobile phone screen off then after some time the mobile is power off by Huawei Ascend G510

• 2014-07-23 12:56
  • 2CYh

This phone is an unmitigated piece of trash. From Day 1 I had nothing but issues; when trying to open received MMS there was insufficient memory, when trying to install or even upgrade the preloaded software there were "insufficient memory" error messages. Then, joy of joys, it started, at random times, playing all the ringtones as if they were on a playlist. The phone was new one month ago.

I replaced this $129 phone with a $29 phone that thus far is working fine and giving me no trouble at all.

• 2014-07-05 17:02
  • 4DS4

> In reply to Hulk911 @ 2012-07-31 00:30 from 4849 - click to readI hate this piece of shit!!! It doesn't charge. The speakers are so quiet no one can hear them. It deletes everything I type every time I press the space bar. It has little to no storage it is always "loading" as it likes to say every time I go to the home screen. It changes my wallpaper on it's own every time I change it. Less than an hour later it changes to the same ugly assed thing it was to begin with. I can not use the internet without it "updating"

• 2014-06-24 07:14
  • Iudm

I didn't even have the phone for a month and lost all the sound completely. Then all of a sudden I have hundreds of YouTube videos from someone's account . I purchased this phone because I wanted to be able to video the grand kids on short notice when they came over.no sound makes this phone utterly useless! I payed over $100.00+ for it to save $$ as I am not glued to my phone and don't need über services..really simple needs. Guess I will not be re purchasing this phone..

• 2014-06-23 21:45
  • si9k

Well I think the majority have said it in a nutshell. I only use it for occasional calls and txting. I can't even answer all my calls because it freezes and when I'm txting it keeps on jumping to the 'recent' screen. If I use the internet it jumps to the 'recent' screen too so I only do go onto that if I am really desperate. Sometimes when I go to txt my last message that has been sent is again in the txt box when I hit the keyboard so I have to first delete that before I can type a new txt. It's is a frustrating phone. Should of known! Cheap and nasty!

• 2014-05-17 00:25
  • UFGq

If you're looking for a crappy phone look no further.

Ive owned some useless phones in my time, but Huawei models certainly triumph.

2 hours after starting my new phone .. I get a message "insufficient memory" (this is only after installing 1 application Whatsapp ...17mb)... ive tried all sorts of fixes.... 16gb SD card..etc etc etc... but to no avail.

Apps that install rarely work as they should... issues to many to mention.

I cant believe the New Zealand government was actually stupid enough to use Huawei hardware for their broadband rollout (alleged backdoors, spyware and all).... OMG .. the lunatics are obviously running the asylum.

Huawei... please focus a little less on price point and a little more on real world usability.

I will NEVER buy your product again.

• 2014-05-15 07:30
  • wv{}

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-22 16:41 from Yig$ - click to readyou have to system clear it .. like completely wipe it out.. hold the up volume button and the power button the go to system wipe out or something like that and then after that click system reboot and it should work

• 2014-05-01 23:51
  • EyxE

> In reply to Mr. Phone @ 2014-02-19 21:55 from Ixx3 - click to readWhat is the trick to getting it to work again? Mine has been doing for almost 12 hours. I have taken out the battery countless times but it just keeps crashing.

• 2014-04-22 16:41
  • Yig$

> In reply to smokey @ 2013-07-01 17:58 from qTwW - click to readsucks!!!! just like smokie and his nonsense bs.. who said i treated my phone bad unless you considered trying to use it bad

• 2014-04-21 03:27
  • Iud0

Had this phone 5 days. 5 days of turning itself off, rebooting, freezing and just plain annoying! I honestly expected better from Huawei! Selling this piece of worthless tech to CEX, sticking to Samsung or Sony Ericsson for my next phone, never had any problems with those!

• 2014-04-10 21:41
  • 3JnW

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-03-03 01:21 from shLd - click to readWhen it crashes what did you do to fix it?

• 2014-03-15 17:28
  • kiPy

the huawei y210 is a much better choice than this. 1GHz CPU,the same OS and no freezing up or restarting.somebody please respond to me and i will tell you more about this phone.

• 2014-03-11 01:37
  • Q$Nr

I've had this phone for just over a year. I have some music on it and five extra apps. It's really slow. It also crashes randomly. Recently it started turning itself off randomly. It acts like it's turning on but it just freezes. I then have to take the battery out and put it bak in and turn on my phone. This was a waste off $98!

• 2014-03-03 01:21
  • shLd

Had this phone since 2013. It's a piece of crap. Crashes constantly, but figured a trick to get it back online. Only good thing about this was I only paid $50 for it at WalMart online. Guess I could use it as an MP3 player when I get another phone. If you wanna try it (which I don't suggest), it's going cheap for $65 refurbished w/$45 phone card at WalMart online...

• 2014-02-19 21:55
  • Ixx3

This phone sucks. Not even 20 min after buying it it started randomly restarting itself. Very fustrating! Thought it was just a fluke so i kept the phone. It randomly restarts about 20+ times per day. And at the most inconvenient times too, like right in the middle of watching netflix or sending texts.i thought maybe i just got a messed up phone but after seeing these posts i can see that im not alone, and that this brand is just crappy. Wish i would have found this before i wasted $150.

• 2014-02-16 07:30
  • 4QYD

this phone is a piece of shit. i got it for Christmas and it was a waste of money for my dad, i only had it for two months, never dropped it once. the only time i dropped it it broke immediately the sad part is i only dropped it less than two feet off the ground, the screen broke. it would kick me off the internet, when i tried to call people sometimes the sound wouldn't work, none of my apps wanted to respond, this is the worst phone I've ever had, a bar phone would be a better choice than this crappy thing.

• 2014-02-11 21:47
  • 4c6v

It's kind of a disapointment. Music Muve doesn't work right. My phone froze on it's white start up screen. I can't use it now. It's very inconvenient.

• 2014-01-24 18:30
  • xWwj

the prices

• 2014-01-23 08:26
  • ftIF

This phone is a waste of $140. The main thing I wanted if for was texting, call, and browsing. And it won't even do that. Very frustrating!! I will never buy another phone by HUAWEI.

• 2014-01-21 02:00
  • Q$2H

> In reply to I hate Huawei phones @ 2013-12-23 16:14 from IbxH - click to readWhat a load of proverbial. I am so close to throwing this phone into the bin. I'm sure its got a mind of its own.
Regularly lose the keyboard when sending messages also music cuts out when I send a message. I am very dissatisfied.
3/10 and thats being generous.

• 2014-01-15 21:50
  • nEYE
Total of 199 user reviews and opinions for Huawei Ascend II.