Huawei Ascend II - user opinions and reviews

Huawei

6.2
6.1
6.1

Had this phone 5 days. 5 days of turning itself off, rebooting, freezing and just plain annoying! I honestly expected better from Huawei! Selling this piece of worthless tech to CEX, sticking to Samsung or Sony Ericsson for my next phone, never had any problems with those!

• 2014-04-10 21:41
  • 3JnW

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-03-03 01:21 from shLd - click to readWhen it crashes what did you do to fix it?

• 2014-03-15 17:28
  • kiPy

the huawei y210 is a much better choice than this. 1GHz CPU,the same OS and no freezing up or restarting.somebody please respond to me and i will tell you more about this phone.

• 2014-03-11 01:37
  • Q$Nr

I've had this phone for just over a year. I have some music on it and five extra apps. It's really slow. It also crashes randomly. Recently it started turning itself off randomly. It acts like it's turning on but it just freezes. I then have to take the battery out and put it bak in and turn on my phone. This was a waste off $98!

• 2014-03-03 01:21
  • shLd

Had this phone since 2013. It's a piece of crap. Crashes constantly, but figured a trick to get it back online. Only good thing about this was I only paid $50 for it at WalMart online. Guess I could use it as an MP3 player when I get another phone. If you wanna try it (which I don't suggest), it's going cheap for $65 refurbished w/$45 phone card at WalMart online...

• 2014-02-19 21:55
  • Ixx3

This phone sucks. Not even 20 min after buying it it started randomly restarting itself. Very fustrating! Thought it was just a fluke so i kept the phone. It randomly restarts about 20+ times per day. And at the most inconvenient times too, like right in the middle of watching netflix or sending texts.i thought maybe i just got a messed up phone but after seeing these posts i can see that im not alone, and that this brand is just crappy. Wish i would have found this before i wasted $150.

• 2014-02-16 07:30
  • 4QYD

this phone is a piece of shit. i got it for Christmas and it was a waste of money for my dad, i only had it for two months, never dropped it once. the only time i dropped it it broke immediately the sad part is i only dropped it less than two feet off the ground, the screen broke. it would kick me off the internet, when i tried to call people sometimes the sound wouldn't work, none of my apps wanted to respond, this is the worst phone I've ever had, a bar phone would be a better choice than this crappy thing.

• 2014-02-11 21:47
  • 4c6v

It's kind of a disapointment. Music Muve doesn't work right. My phone froze on it's white start up screen. I can't use it now. It's very inconvenient.

• 2014-01-24 18:30
  • xWwj

the prices

• 2014-01-23 08:26
  • ftIF

This phone is a waste of $140. The main thing I wanted if for was texting, call, and browsing. And it won't even do that. Very frustrating!! I will never buy another phone by HUAWEI.

• 2014-01-21 02:00
  • Q$2H

> In reply to I hate Huawei phones @ 2013-12-23 16:14 from IbxH - click to readWhat a load of proverbial. I am so close to throwing this phone into the bin. I'm sure its got a mind of its own.
Regularly lose the keyboard when sending messages also music cuts out when I send a message. I am very dissatisfied.
3/10 and thats being generous.

• 2014-01-15 21:50
  • nEYE

> In reply to smokey @ 2013-07-01 17:58 from qTwW - click to readHi, I loved this post. However, I've got to say that this phone markets itself as a competitor to the big smart phones out there. It uses an operating system designed to do certain things, and the customers have expectations that aren't being met. I think it's reasonable that people are leaving reviews to take their business to phone makers who really do deliver on their promises.

• 2014-01-05 01:15
  • xYx2
  • I hate Huawei phones
  • Rating0

> In reply to blackpoppies_ @ 2013-06-27 17:26 from 493R - click to readI bought this phone at a T Mobile store in Fort Lauderdale, FL. My previous HTC phone broke. I bought this phone because it was all my budget would allow. It has been hell every since. It is so painfully slow with everything it does. Even making a phone call the phone freezes up and won't dial. Adding new contacts even text messaging freezes constantly. I think this is by far the worst phone I have ever had. Phones I've had ten years ago performed much better. I can't wait until I can afford a real phone. I will smash this piece up junk into a million pieces. Shame on you Huawei for making garbage like this. I hope your company goes bankrupt. Shame on you T Mobile for selling such garbage in your stores. Please listen to these posts and do not buy any Huawei products. I never will again.

• 2013-12-23 16:14
  • IbxH

> In reply to smokey @ 2013-07-01 17:58 from qTwW - click to readThe phone sucks. Not everyone plays games on it. I sure don't. So, please, don't speak for everyone about this phone. I hardly use this phone, and yes, it shuts off randomly or restarts itself. If I use the internet on it, it kicks me off. I no longer have Facebook, so again, not everyone uses their phones for games. If I were your wife, I'd leave you for talking down to people like you're better than everyone. Take your laptop and shove it. If you think this phone is great, good for you. You probably don't even have one of them.

• 2013-12-17 18:16
  • FImb

Had phone for 6 months Worked great for a while Now I can't even get a bar Takes 10 minutes for my text to go through I say garbage

• 2013-11-14 00:47
  • QvTY

this phone is not worth anything, its trash!! do not buy this pos and if you already have it i feel bad for you. it freezes way to much, calls random people, takes pictures on its own,dies quick, all apps force close and the thing takes for ever to send out a text or make a call

• 2013-10-31 04:46
  • k@pr

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-05-20 02:15 from 8HsD - click to readI want to set a signature on the text messaging. How do I do that? And also it does kinda suck but not bad forreal

• 2013-10-18 03:10
  • 4SIV

Goood looking 'PAPER-WEIGHT'. Battery life is a joke.
With full charge, make only 2 - 3 calls w/ no apps usage and 16 hours later battery is dead.
Qwerty keyboad difficult (for me) to use. I'm not an 'apps' user, so I should not be trying to use this phone anyway; but the battery life should be lots longer.

• 2013-09-12 22:34
  • 8b51

> In reply to smokey @ 2013-07-01 17:58 from qTwW - click to readWhen did facebook become your life?

• 2013-08-22 06:08
  • Yanw

> In reply to pony @ 2013-07-30 01:36 from I83a - click to readThis phone is messing up constantly I have complained repeatedly for the past year on its shutting its self down and deleating apps not letting me download apps.not sending messages now im stuck with it for another year because of a contract should be something this company can do.

• 2013-08-15 21:33
  • 4k2E
Total of 190 user reviews and opinions for Huawei Ascend II.