Huawei Ascend II - user opinions and reviews

Huawei

6.2
6.1
6.1

SO this was the first smart phone I ever had, so beware, yes, nostalgia is a factor. but not to much, I actually didn't see this as a half bad phone.
yes, it did lag sometimes, and I had to watch my apps, but at the time I didn't know anything else and it was fine, I just got another one and used it, yes, it was a step down from the HTC One I am used to, but it wasn't terrible, I was able to get my favorite little fun game, I got my favorite social media app, and the had room for my music, but that's about it, but honestly People are saying this is a bad phone, but its context, this isn't meant to be a flagship, and it was a low end phone released in 2011 (I think) so its not great, but the deign is great, its thick, but I really don't see a need for a super thin phone.
this phone is durable as all hell, I threw this thing across rooms and it was fine (just to test of course)
it is a very nice size, I love the one handedness of this phone, it was so nice to be able to not have to shuffle my hand around the phone to use it.
now the cons,
it has very little storage, 4.5gbs counting the sd card, but that was enough at the time, now, maybe not now, but its not meant for the big apps,
one thing that really bugged me though, is no multi touch, yes you heard me, no pinching the screen or anything like that, nothing. It really bugged me the whole time and is and was my biggest complaint.

Now the camera, it doesn't have a front facing, and the rear facing is 5 megapixels, but for the price, its a decent camera, I was able to take some photos that I still use on my new phone for backgrounds and things, so it is a good camera, but not every time, low light was grainy and very dark, and also forget you selfie game.

battery
battery on this thing is great, my experience with it was just great, I streamed video, played music, gamed on simple games, and texted non stop all day, and it would be at 20% at the end of the day, it was reliable and if yours isnt, well remove the back and pop in another battery. so my experience with it was great.

Overall it is phone that you get what you pay for, $30 isn't alot of money at all for a phone and its a good phone for what you pay for, now would I suggest this to you? no. not in early 2015, you should get something better now, go for $100 and you got yourself a good phone. But at the time it was a darn good phone, running stock Android (mine did at least) and a great size with a "good" camera.

• 2015-04-09 03:50
  • NSvQ

PMSL this is one of the worst mobiles out there

It will call out at random. It will not phone out when you need it to. it will phone the last number you tried to ring. It will lock up from time to time. Very little memory on board the mobile its self. I gave this phone up after one month. Refurbished I'm glad I did not pay full price for this mobile. I got 19 dollars of amusement out of the mobile plus the 40 dollars to activate it. End of the day don't spend anything on this mobile.

• 2015-03-30 04:26
  • j{Ld

No memory, can't get updates, has actually deleted apps that wouldn't update, so now I have no watsapp or viber , no TVs portal, no games at all, it is the worst phone I have ever had the misfortune of owning, and the battery only lasts 12hrs Max. Can't wait to get a new non-Huawei phone.

• 2015-03-25 16:38
  • DVXM

Im starting to think this phone is driving me insane! Keyboard vanishes when I am mid typing and it is so slow that I could throw it out the window. I decides for itself when to switch off and the screen jumps, therefore selecting something on the screen when I have actually selected something else. As soon as I can change my phone I will.

• 2015-03-16 00:59
  • nUi6

how to get code for the uim card.please help

• 2015-02-01 19:30
  • LJnG

Android phones all seem to be pretty much the same. I really like the screen size on this Ascend and the bettery life is amazing. Can't see much difference between this Huawei and a Samsung except the price. Save $300 and buy an Ascend.

• 2014-12-05 04:34
  • sawM

I'm posting a comment with said phone. Second attempt! i receive emails the next day and they never load.

Here i'm typing without going bavk on typos - quitr extraordinary how imptecise this keyboard is.

Must be the most rocj'n'roll phobe i kbow... it's a complete loser like me!

• 2014-11-23 12:29
  • nw}G

I hate this phone. It crashes everything and takes 15 minutes to even load Facebook initially, let alone when I scroll or anything. Instagram would only load if I had full bars. It hardly ever actually sent any of my tweets. I would receive texts multiple times, even days after I had initially received them, and the same way with sending texts from what I've been told. If I made a call, I would either have to turn my phone off or wait 10 or so minutes before I could make another call. The browser was constantly crashing, the keyboard was way undersensitive, and swype never worked right on it. When I first got it, it wouldn't boot for a week without a hard reset. I was getting ready to send it back in, and it turned itself off and back on and it would boot. I'm willing to believe that I got a faulty one, but I've never read a review that said they really liked the phone. (if anything, it was always, "I like it for the price" or "I like it, but").
The few positives were that it never overheated (that's been a problem for me with budget smartphones in the past), the battery life is still awesome (I use it for a music player now), and though the gps takes forever to actually load, it takes you the best route and the battery lasts for a decent amount of time using the gps. Also, with the gps, it very rarely crashed, but when it did, you could open it back to exactly the point you had been, no trouble.

• 2014-10-11 02:38
  • qLPi

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-03-11 01:37 from Q$Nr - click to readI use huawei y210. the phone is good but it has started the habit of restarting itself. whenever I use it. for a long session, the phone goes off then turns on itself and request pin code. it also hung

• 2014-09-24 22:07
  • rr1x

> In reply to screwhuawei @ 2014-06-24 07:14 from Iudm - click to readkeeps going to that stupid "recent menu" everytime im in the middle of writing a text message and the vibrate goes nuts sometimes for no reason whatsoever.

now i know why this piece of s*it only cost me $42.00

• 2014-09-24 01:16
  • u{aH

Had this phone for 2 months. Started looking at replacement within 1 week. Constant issues with my apps, constantly closing my apps. I'm over this. Going to Samsung and switching services.

• 2014-09-23 22:09
  • Iudm

when mobile phone screen off then after some time the mobile is power off by Huawei Ascend G510

• 2014-07-23 12:56
  • 2CYh

This phone is an unmitigated piece of trash. From Day 1 I had nothing but issues; when trying to open received MMS there was insufficient memory, when trying to install or even upgrade the preloaded software there were "insufficient memory" error messages. Then, joy of joys, it started, at random times, playing all the ringtones as if they were on a playlist. The phone was new one month ago.

I replaced this $129 phone with a $29 phone that thus far is working fine and giving me no trouble at all.

• 2014-07-05 17:02
  • 4DS4

> In reply to Hulk911 @ 2012-07-31 00:30 from 4849 - click to readI hate this piece of shit!!! It doesn't charge. The speakers are so quiet no one can hear them. It deletes everything I type every time I press the space bar. It has little to no storage it is always "loading" as it likes to say every time I go to the home screen. It changes my wallpaper on it's own every time I change it. Less than an hour later it changes to the same ugly assed thing it was to begin with. I can not use the internet without it "updating"

• 2014-06-24 07:14
  • Iudm

I didn't even have the phone for a month and lost all the sound completely. Then all of a sudden I have hundreds of YouTube videos from someone's account . I purchased this phone because I wanted to be able to video the grand kids on short notice when they came over.no sound makes this phone utterly useless! I payed over $100.00+ for it to save $$ as I am not glued to my phone and don't need über services..really simple needs. Guess I will not be re purchasing this phone..

• 2014-06-23 21:45
  • si9k

Well I think the majority have said it in a nutshell. I only use it for occasional calls and txting. I can't even answer all my calls because it freezes and when I'm txting it keeps on jumping to the 'recent' screen. If I use the internet it jumps to the 'recent' screen too so I only do go onto that if I am really desperate. Sometimes when I go to txt my last message that has been sent is again in the txt box when I hit the keyboard so I have to first delete that before I can type a new txt. It's is a frustrating phone. Should of known! Cheap and nasty!

• 2014-05-17 00:25
  • UFGq

If you're looking for a crappy phone look no further.

Ive owned some useless phones in my time, but Huawei models certainly triumph.

2 hours after starting my new phone .. I get a message "insufficient memory" (this is only after installing 1 application Whatsapp ...17mb)... ive tried all sorts of fixes.... 16gb SD card..etc etc etc... but to no avail.

Apps that install rarely work as they should... issues to many to mention.

I cant believe the New Zealand government was actually stupid enough to use Huawei hardware for their broadband rollout (alleged backdoors, spyware and all).... OMG .. the lunatics are obviously running the asylum.

Huawei... please focus a little less on price point and a little more on real world usability.

I will NEVER buy your product again.

• 2014-05-15 07:30
  • wv{}

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-22 16:41 from Yig$ - click to readyou have to system clear it .. like completely wipe it out.. hold the up volume button and the power button the go to system wipe out or something like that and then after that click system reboot and it should work

• 2014-05-01 23:51
  • EyxE

> In reply to Mr. Phone @ 2014-02-19 21:55 from Ixx3 - click to readWhat is the trick to getting it to work again? Mine has been doing for almost 12 hours. I have taken out the battery countless times but it just keeps crashing.

• 2014-04-22 16:41
  • Yig$
Total of 211 user reviews and opinions for Huawei Ascend II.