Huawei Ascend II - user opinions and reviews

Huawei

6.2
6.1
6.1

> In reply to smokey @ 2013-07-01 17:58 from qTwW - click to readHi, I loved this post. However, I've got to say that this phone markets itself as a competitor to the big smart phones out there. It uses an operating system designed to do certain things, and the customers have expectations that aren't being met. I think it's reasonable that people are leaving reviews to take their business to phone makers who really do deliver on their promises.

• 2014-01-05 01:15
  • xYx2
  • I hate Huawei phones
  • Rating0

> In reply to blackpoppies_ @ 2013-06-27 17:26 from 493R - click to readI bought this phone at a T Mobile store in Fort Lauderdale, FL. My previous HTC phone broke. I bought this phone because it was all my budget would allow. It has been hell every since. It is so painfully slow with everything it does. Even making a phone call the phone freezes up and won't dial. Adding new contacts even text messaging freezes constantly. I think this is by far the worst phone I have ever had. Phones I've had ten years ago performed much better. I can't wait until I can afford a real phone. I will smash this piece up junk into a million pieces. Shame on you Huawei for making garbage like this. I hope your company goes bankrupt. Shame on you T Mobile for selling such garbage in your stores. Please listen to these posts and do not buy any Huawei products. I never will again.

• 2013-12-23 16:14
  • IbxH

> In reply to smokey @ 2013-07-01 17:58 from qTwW - click to readThe phone sucks. Not everyone plays games on it. I sure don't. So, please, don't speak for everyone about this phone. I hardly use this phone, and yes, it shuts off randomly or restarts itself. If I use the internet on it, it kicks me off. I no longer have Facebook, so again, not everyone uses their phones for games. If I were your wife, I'd leave you for talking down to people like you're better than everyone. Take your laptop and shove it. If you think this phone is great, good for you. You probably don't even have one of them.

• 2013-12-17 18:16
  • FImb

Had phone for 6 months Worked great for a while Now I can't even get a bar Takes 10 minutes for my text to go through I say garbage

• 2013-11-14 00:47
  • QvTY

this phone is not worth anything, its trash!! do not buy this pos and if you already have it i feel bad for you. it freezes way to much, calls random people, takes pictures on its own,dies quick, all apps force close and the thing takes for ever to send out a text or make a call

• 2013-10-31 04:46
  • k@pr

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-05-20 02:15 from 8HsD - click to readI want to set a signature on the text messaging. How do I do that? And also it does kinda suck but not bad forreal

• 2013-10-18 03:10
  • 4SIV

Goood looking 'PAPER-WEIGHT'. Battery life is a joke.
With full charge, make only 2 - 3 calls w/ no apps usage and 16 hours later battery is dead.
Qwerty keyboad difficult (for me) to use. I'm not an 'apps' user, so I should not be trying to use this phone anyway; but the battery life should be lots longer.

• 2013-09-12 22:34
  • 8b51

> In reply to smokey @ 2013-07-01 17:58 from qTwW - click to readWhen did facebook become your life?

• 2013-08-22 06:08
  • Yanw

> In reply to pony @ 2013-07-30 01:36 from I83a - click to readThis phone is messing up constantly I have complained repeatedly for the past year on its shutting its self down and deleating apps not letting me download apps.not sending messages now im stuck with it for another year because of a contract should be something this company can do.

• 2013-08-15 21:33
  • 4k2E

Ive had this phone for about 1yr and a half. The whole first year it worked fine web browser was quick but lately been havn problems it reboots by itself alot and turns off. Apps run fine txting is a hassel sometimes but you guys are exagerating. I think if u treat the phone right it will get the job done and very well i might add

• 2013-07-30 06:58
  • 4r8P

Phone is horrible camera doesn't work apps keep crashing. I could go on and on but there is no need when you have over 100 people saying the same thing and as for the people that say this is a good phone well yours might be but 1 out of 30 is not good odds and if your someone who likes to test the odds go for it. I hope the best for you and your device. I wish I could say that my phone has exceeded my expectations, but honestly i can't.

• 2013-07-30 01:36
  • I83a

> In reply to lalalogan @ 2013-07-16 03:46 from kTZR - click to readThat's because you don't have great expectations for your device with better technology comes greater expectations so we hope to get more out of these devices 100 dollar is enough money to expect the apps not to crash, camera to work, faster data speed. Phone to charge and to make a phone call if we desire

• 2013-07-30 01:26
  • I83a

> In reply to The Electronic Dude @ 2013-05-06 05:38 from jM35 - click to readPhone sucks I had it less then a month and apps crash my camera even quit working

• 2013-07-30 01:16
  • I83a

> In reply to The Electronic Dude @ 2013-05-06 05:38 from jM35 - click to readIts honest not honost

• 2013-07-30 01:14
  • jose rubio hernandez
  • Rating0

please don´t buy these pone because is very slow i just got these pone for 1 month

• 2013-07-23 18:25
  • jMu5

I've had this phone for almost 4 months, and since day one, all my apps have crashed. I play candy crush alot and it will not even load half the time, if it does load it just crashed as returns back to my home screen. This happens with facebook and words with friends, i havent really tried many more because...what's the point? I have also researched it and have found A LOT of people are having problems with this phone!

• 2013-07-16 03:46
  • kTZR

Your about to not like me, 600mhz is the speed of my first gateway laptop that cost a small fortune when I was young and I'm not even that old now. I'm horrified at the way you kids, especially my own kids acts about these phones, Even my own wife sometimes. I got her a 3g Nokia smart phone, with a 225 dollar price tag with contract that she broke, cause you kids and girls throw them down when it takes them five seconds to load anything. I am using said old laptop with Linux and you kids couldn't work it cause 1. you don't know how to use anything that isn't touch anymore and 2. you don't have the patience. I am on Facebook and I am writing this with no problem because i click the tab and wait for the page to load. 4gb not enough room for you? my first desktop was upgraded to a 1gb hard drive so I could play some of the same quality games they now charge you 50 bucks for, 480p is average HD! they are selling you 720p sometimes, but 480p isn't low quality, not considering its on a device you can hold in the palm of your hand and original HD is 480p ...so you think you are getting something special with that 400 dollar phone you just bought? your not my old DVD player can do that quality. also my friend has that phone and she loves it probably again cause she isn't a kid! When I was a kid by the way..I had to walk at least 4 or 5 blocks...to use grandmas house phone and you couldn't watch movies anywhere you wanted. you had to go to blockbuster and rent it and it was a treat. this phone is for people who want to watch a video now and then, or make phone calls and text messages or maybe Facebook. okay sure maybe you cant Skype with it or play the latest games and Apps.... since when did a phone become your whole lives? its pretty pathetic the way your treating technology and each other.

• 2013-07-01 17:58
  • qTwW

> In reply to The Electronic Dude @ 2013-05-06 05:38 from jM35 - click to readSo happy to read your comment!! I just purchased this phone and am waiting to receive it still, I was really having a moment until I saw your comment I pray I have the same luck Thanks!!

• 2013-06-29 21:33
  • 4dYj

This is honestly the worst phone I've ever had in my entire life. I'm on the third one because it keeps messing up. I've had almost every problem mentioned in the rest of these reviews.

- EXTREMELY slow and force closes most apps.
- EXTREMELY low on space (I have Facebook and Instagram, and my contacts. That's about it, and it's constantly low on space even after clearing any cache for websites, etc.)
- Low quality camera. Very pixelated with no flash, so you have to be in a fairly bright setting to get a good picture of anything.
- Phone turns off and reboots randomly.
- You send one text to someone and that person receives it 5 or 6 times, and vice versa. You also get texts in an untimely matter (delayed most of the time and also out of order, which makes multiple texts extremely inconvenient to have to decipher.)
- Very bad service, which corresponds with the multiple texts statement.
- Calling someone is a hassle as well. You tap the send button on a phone number and it takes anywhere between 4-10 seconds to actually call, and even then, it doesn't start ringing immediately.

Since the phone is unbelievably slow, taking someones number is almost an embarrassing experience. You tap the dialer icon and it takes a second to come up, so you start typing in the number and it lags to all hell. It takes about 15 seconds to take down a simple number (not including contact name) when it should take 5, so you're just sitting there like "Wait, can you repeat that about 4 more times, or go slower? My phone is horrible and I am so sorry."

All in all, this phone is a 0/10. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. Unless you have a lot of patience, don't plan to use any apps like Facebook (or virtually anything else...) and don't have that many friends/contacts, just find something else. I could go on further about what a piece of garbage this phone is, but everyone else already beat me to it. Not worth a penny of the $150 I paid for it and Cricket is garbage. $65 a month for trash, so I am switching to T-Mobile in a week and getting a Galaxy S Relay FOR THE SAME PRICE PER MONTH. Phone included! I plan on smashing this phone, setting it on fire and then kicking it into the bay when I get my new phone.

• 2013-06-27 17:26
  • 493R

I liked this phone at first. Now, a couple months later, I hate it! This IS the worst phone I have EVER owned. If I turn it off, I don't know if I'll ever get it to boot back up. I've sat with this ridiculous phone, taking the battery out, putting it back in, starting the phone up (1, 2, 3, and repeat!) sometimes 10-20 times for it to sit there "loading" but never getting past that point.
One time, the battery died and it wouldn't load up after i charged it for a bit. Well, I turned it off and left it to charge. A little while later, checked on the phone, it was molten hot! And it was off, charging! Then it never wanted to boot up. I probably took the battery out 30 times!
I'm getting a iPhone! I'm done with android, this phone will make a nice paperweight. Piece of junk!

• 2013-06-23 07:57
  • sYEJ
Total of 199 user reviews and opinions for Huawei Ascend II.