Huawei Ascend II - user opinions and reviews

6.1
6.1

• jose rubio hernandez
  • Rating0

please don´t buy these pone because is very slow i just got these pone for 1 month

• 2013-07-23 18:25
  • jMu5

I've had this phone for almost 4 months, and since day one, all my apps have crashed. I play candy crush alot and it will not even load half the time, if it does load it just crashed as returns back to my home screen. This happens with facebook and words with friends, i havent really tried many more because...what's the point? I have also researched it and have found A LOT of people are having problems with this phone!

• 2013-07-16 03:46
  • kTZR

Your about to not like me, 600mhz is the speed of my first gateway laptop that cost a small fortune when I was young and I'm not even that old now. I'm horrified at the way you kids, especially my own kids acts about these phones, Even my own wife sometimes. I got her a 3g Nokia smart phone, with a 225 dollar price tag with contract that she broke, cause you kids and girls throw them down when it takes them five seconds to load anything. I am using said old laptop with Linux and you kids couldn't work it cause 1. you don't know how to use anything that isn't touch anymore and 2. you don't have the patience. I am on Facebook and I am writing this with no problem because i click the tab and wait for the page to load. 4gb not enough room for you? my first desktop was upgraded to a 1gb hard drive so I could play some of the same quality games they now charge you 50 bucks for, 480p is average HD! they are selling you 720p sometimes, but 480p isn't low quality, not considering its on a device you can hold in the palm of your hand and original HD is 480p ...so you think you are getting something special with that 400 dollar phone you just bought? your not my old DVD player can do that quality. also my friend has that phone and she loves it probably again cause she isn't a kid! When I was a kid by the way..I had to walk at least 4 or 5 blocks...to use grandmas house phone and you couldn't watch movies anywhere you wanted. you had to go to blockbuster and rent it and it was a treat. this phone is for people who want to watch a video now and then, or make phone calls and text messages or maybe Facebook. okay sure maybe you cant Skype with it or play the latest games and Apps.... since when did a phone become your whole lives? its pretty pathetic the way your treating technology and each other.

• 2013-07-01 17:58
  • qTwW

> In reply to The Electronic Dude @ 2013-05-06 05:38 from jM35 - click to readSo happy to read your comment!! I just purchased this phone and am waiting to receive it still, I was really having a moment until I saw your comment I pray I have the same luck Thanks!!

• 2013-06-29 21:33
  • 4dYj

This is honestly the worst phone I've ever had in my entire life. I'm on the third one because it keeps messing up. I've had almost every problem mentioned in the rest of these reviews.

- EXTREMELY slow and force closes most apps.
- EXTREMELY low on space (I have Facebook and Instagram, and my contacts. That's about it, and it's constantly low on space even after clearing any cache for websites, etc.)
- Low quality camera. Very pixelated with no flash, so you have to be in a fairly bright setting to get a good picture of anything.
- Phone turns off and reboots randomly.
- You send one text to someone and that person receives it 5 or 6 times, and vice versa. You also get texts in an untimely matter (delayed most of the time and also out of order, which makes multiple texts extremely inconvenient to have to decipher.)
- Very bad service, which corresponds with the multiple texts statement.
- Calling someone is a hassle as well. You tap the send button on a phone number and it takes anywhere between 4-10 seconds to actually call, and even then, it doesn't start ringing immediately.

Since the phone is unbelievably slow, taking someones number is almost an embarrassing experience. You tap the dialer icon and it takes a second to come up, so you start typing in the number and it lags to all hell. It takes about 15 seconds to take down a simple number (not including contact name) when it should take 5, so you're just sitting there like "Wait, can you repeat that about 4 more times, or go slower? My phone is horrible and I am so sorry."

All in all, this phone is a 0/10. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. Unless you have a lot of patience, don't plan to use any apps like Facebook (or virtually anything else...) and don't have that many friends/contacts, just find something else. I could go on further about what a piece of garbage this phone is, but everyone else already beat me to it. Not worth a penny of the $150 I paid for it and Cricket is garbage. $65 a month for trash, so I am switching to T-Mobile in a week and getting a Galaxy S Relay FOR THE SAME PRICE PER MONTH. Phone included! I plan on smashing this phone, setting it on fire and then kicking it into the bay when I get my new phone.

• 2013-06-27 17:26
  • 493R

I liked this phone at first. Now, a couple months later, I hate it! This IS the worst phone I have EVER owned. If I turn it off, I don't know if I'll ever get it to boot back up. I've sat with this ridiculous phone, taking the battery out, putting it back in, starting the phone up (1, 2, 3, and repeat!) sometimes 10-20 times for it to sit there "loading" but never getting past that point.
One time, the battery died and it wouldn't load up after i charged it for a bit. Well, I turned it off and left it to charge. A little while later, checked on the phone, it was molten hot! And it was off, charging! Then it never wanted to boot up. I probably took the battery out 30 times!
I'm getting a iPhone! I'm done with android, this phone will make a nice paperweight. Piece of junk!

• 2013-06-23 07:57
  • sYEJ

its work with sim?

• 2013-06-20 00:34
  • ITL@

I got my ascend II for free (loyalty points) and still feel like I've been ripped off. The web browser constantly crashes, as well as most other apps that I try to run, and it reboots for no apparent reason at least once a day. Do yourself a favor and buy any other phone than this cheap piece of trash.

• 2013-06-18 01:48
  • 4Zcw

The phone ain't worth a $100.00 dollars its worth a half a penny they need to recall and give ppl twice their money back for making such a piece of junk

• 2013-06-15 01:00
  • I4es

i got this phone in december 2012. same as the rest of you guys..it automatically quit charging. net10 diagnosed the battery..they sent a new one.the phone drained it completely. very seldom i can get it to come on without the battery. my daily goal is to keep messing with it, maybe 9maybe one day it will decide to charge)..charge it long enough to take it to the cell phone kiosk that buys cell phones. do not buy this phone...

• 2013-06-07 17:25
  • jC@@

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-21 17:21 from 4r8@ - click to read3 phones in less than a year

• 2013-05-24 04:48
  • 4r8@

> In reply to Turnspike @ 2013-05-05 20:15 from Iu5N - click to readI agree 110% piece of crap phone. I have not even had it very long and i already hate it.

• 2013-05-20 02:15
  • 8HsD

> In reply to The Electronic Dude @ 2013-05-06 05:38 from jM35 - click to readmy phone is a piece of crap. i have only had it for three months and I like the phone and its abilities but the little things it does makes it a piece of crap. it will force close on web sites and apps. sometimes when i am typing i will type a word and when i hit the space bar it erases the word and will not let me type. when i am trying to call someone i will push the send button and it will not do anything. it is a slow piece of crap.

• 2013-05-20 02:13
  • 8HsD

will i be able to play games such as draw something and song pop? i got a phone once and certain apps it would not play i think due to no flash support.

• 2013-05-16 20:56
  • 4ZR0

> In reply to Turnspike @ 2013-05-05 20:15 from Iu5N - click to readuse the phone for texting and calling. get an ipod to use apps, music, pics, etc. It's easier!!!

• 2013-05-12 04:15
  • 8b8E

• 2013-05-12 04:11
  • 8b8E
  • The Electronic Dude
  • Rating1

Ok all the reviews are bad but when I got it it wasn't slow and was a lot cooler then people say. And because of this I think people don't want others to have a cool phone. Honost :)

• 2013-05-06 05:38
  • jM35

Horrible smartphone. I know it is cheap, but do the smart thing and spend a little more money to buy something better. It is rare to find an app or a webpage that doesn't force close. The keyboard will not work most the time. The only saving grace of this phone is the long battery time compared to other smartphones I have had. Maybe this is because the only apps I can run are low graphic and use very low processor. I miss my old phone.

• 2013-05-05 20:15
  • Iu5N

> In reply to Princess Unicorn @ 2013-03-10 02:54 from YiS{ - click to readi would get your free phone off your hands just to try it?

• 2013-04-28 09:04
  • 0fr0

Its not all bad for me. I have Facebook, Instagram, Wattpad and Photo Editor by Aviary, and my phone is all good. Mine is from Straighttalk as well. So yea, that's me XD HOWEVER, I did have to reset my WHOLE phone once because every time I turned it on, it would say that the phone has stopped working, so be careful about how much stuff you put on there and clean in up every once in a while. :)

• 2013-04-23 02:36
  • q9kY
Total of 205 user reviews and opinions for Huawei Ascend II.