Huawei Ascend II - user opinions and reviews

Huawei

6.2
6.1
6.1

For the cost of the phone it does the job. If expecting it to be a IPhone or a galaxy its not, but I have had no problems with it at all. I like it a lot.

• 2012-12-01 04:47
  • k1Se

> In reply to bigtrucksdd @ 2012-08-12 16:49 from 4r8@ - click to readI've had all the same problems. I'm not very tech. Smart. Would like advice. How do I clear history and cookies.

• 2012-11-30 04:30
  • IpYP

Good phone

• 2012-11-23 03:58
  • kI1}

Well if its just A bad phone why are you people still buying them

• 2012-11-23 03:56
  • kI1}

Everybody this phone is awesome when you know how to flash custom roms!!! I installed a rom called Lunar CyanogenMod 9 OTA and it funs smooth!!!

• 2012-11-18 22:30
  • qiYw

I actually really like this phone. I have juicedefender, and my battery is stock and lasts a couple days. I downloaded ram booster, which keeps it running fast even with golauncher installed. Doesn't run Netflix very well, but YouTube is pretty good. The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't have multi touch. I'm an avid Pokemon player (which sometimes freezes up while I'm playing, but it's a crappy emulator anyways), but really, my old phone had multi touch and I miss it. And the landscape keyboard ticks me off. There's nothing wrong with it, I like it, but I have some muffed up nerves in my right thumb from a run in with a can of black beans, and the buttons don't register sometimes cuz of that. Nice camera too. And if there was a way to delete voicemails without having to listen to them, that would be awesome. Also if there was a built in stylus. Those make me feel important.

• 2012-11-15 04:03
  • rNIb

my hauwei ascend y200 is not working and its currentlly off,it was automatically hanged, and when i tried to open it,there is a screen bar hauwei only, nothing else, plz help me how can i open the phone.its not working,10 months warranty available.

• 2012-11-14 13:28
  • KIX5

This phone is terrible freezes constantly, I would like to know how to get a replacement......

• 2012-11-12 21:38
  • kZrk

Its a great phone if you have it powerrd by t-mobile

• 2012-11-12 05:35
  • 4r8x

> In reply to anselmo @ 2012-08-15 08:31 from m{wr - click to readThis is the worst phone I have ever had. It glitches all the time, with everything. I will stop playing music, freeze, turn off at on, stop charging all at random. This phone is the biggest waste of money ever!!! I've only had it for 3 months and paid $200 plus the $65 bill!!! Unacceptable.

• 2012-11-06 15:35
  • 4r8@

I've had it 8 months and I finally have the money to buy something good. This phone is terrible.

Pros
+ got it in a half off deal.
+ far and few, but i like the expansion to 32 gig capability.
+ Voice is pretty clear.

Cons
- Battery life is extremely short, buy a battery on ebay that is 3 times the life for 10 bucks.
- I'd often have to factory reset, as gps, 3g and wifi wouldn't work.
- With little things like texting, the phone stalls and closes with errors.
- It shuts off and turns back on when it wants
- apps would often not work
- DO NOT DROP IT, I dropped it twice and the head phone jack would not work.

• 2012-10-31 07:17
  • juyk

Love it!

• 2012-10-27 08:17
  • q2YB

> In reply to Joshhart89 @ 2012-10-12 15:14 from RYKh - click to readI agree w/ josh. Ive had the phone for 2months w/in the first 2weeks took phone back for factory warranty! Due to the phone shutting off on its own, resetting itself, not receveing my text msgs or calls. Reset my settings such as wallpapers, ringtones & so on. Got another one same thing. Then 2 weeks ago the phone froze allowing me to do nothing, got another one & last night the phone froze again!! CRICKET CONTINUES TO TELL ME THAT THEY HAVE HAD NO NEGATIVE REVIEWS OR COMMENTS FOR THIS MODEL PHONE!! HOGWASH... DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS

• 2012-10-18 02:48
  • 4r8@

Have had the phone for three months with Cricket service with no problems !

• 2012-10-13 15:00
  • QKAn

If you want to do the following, do not purchase this phone:

(1) Use apps. The phone's processor can't handle 99% of the apps on Google Play.

(2) Text message. The default android messaging application crashes repeatedly.

(3) Actually use the phone. The Huawei Ascend 2 shuts off by itself for not apparent reason.

If you don't want to do any of those things though...go ahead...make the purchase.

• 2012-10-12 15:14
  • RYKh

Yeah, Like a lot of people have said, a Smartphone isn't really a smart PHONE, it's a pocket PC with a telephone app. You can't handle them like an old style Flip Phone, or even a Slider Feature Phone. They're high maintenance and take a lot of TLC. If you treat'em like a lady, though, they'll almost always phone home.

• 2012-09-26 02:41
  • j@KJ

I have had a lot of problems with this phone and its performance has been poor. The most significant problem has been the port for the charger, which sunk in and apparently malfunctioned. I researched this online and this appears to be a common problem based on its design, so I would be very cautious about buying it based on that alone.

Apart from this, the battery life is very, very short. Sometimes the phone also freezes when I use apps. I also think the camera is subpar.

I apologize if this review comes across as negative, but for a basic smartphone, it's a decent value. Again, the malfunctioning of the port for charging the phone and short battery life should be taken into account.

• 2012-09-21 06:02
  • 89Rc

This would have to be the worst phone in the world....
It hangs up on every call as it is so sensitive.
My screen cracked just from being in my handbag.
I am throwing it in the bin. I have told everyone i know about this.
Never again. The ccompany should be very upset.

• 2012-09-14 20:07
  • XrI}

how about spare for this kind of huawei phone ,because my front screen was cracked

• 2012-09-12 16:16
  • fuZS
  • F

this phone is actually a pretty good phone , it's a mini computer and when you have hundreds of files and music etc.. and not deleted mass amounts of text,pics etc ..it's going to have problems like a computer would with the same issues

• 2012-09-11 01:02
  • q5Eh
Total of 192 user reviews and opinions for Huawei Ascend II.