Huawei Ascend II - user opinions and reviews

Huawei

6.2
6.1
6.1

no good got riptoff this is a garbage cell trackt by chNa camra sucks also thier is a camra on front under chrgerlght hidden why?(@#$*-+#@$%.can't wait till i can brake cell on ground .it will. be a relief)

• 2013-02-09 09:49
  • 4r8@

Having sold my iPhone 4 I decided to have a go with an Android phone but didn't want to spend a lot of money so I bought the Huawei G300. The phone was ok at the beginning but now apps keep crashing, sometimes all of them, even contacts, messaging and the dialing pad so I'm having to hard reset at least once a week and reinstall all apps again as simply restarting or turning off then on again won't solve the crashing problems. I thought it was a problem with my handset in particular but reading the comments here makes me even more frustrated as realised that the phone itself is a lot of crap and not that I was unlucky with a bad handset.

• 2013-02-04 12:05
  • DqNZ

> In reply to msshocke @ 2013-01-15 18:57 from Ydw5 - click to readI have the same problem too. I think it may have to do with the class speed of your MircoSD card. Mine was a Class 4, I'm upgrading to a class 10, we'll see if that fixes the problem.

• 2013-01-21 23:57
  • IkH4

I have problems with my phone cutting off when I try to go into the gallery to download or look at pictures. Sometimes it will do it when I try to turn the camera on. When I took it back to the store it wouldn't do it, as soon as I left it started again. I am frustrated and as soon as my contract is up I will be changing phones.

• 2013-01-15 18:57
  • Ydw5

I meant to say that "I ran it like it COULD handle loads of crap that it simply could not."

• 2013-01-14 19:40
  • GBT7

I bought this phone in August. Just about one month ago the audio jack (which really isn't a jack at all) just stopped working for no apparent reason.
It was so frustrating since I keep music in my ears for most of the day.
Anyway, soon after that text app began crashing on a daily basis. Then all other apps starting doing the same. I'd find myself having to re-boot it tens of times a day. I ended up having to do a factory reset. I back up all of my data, pics, music, etc. on flashes so I wasn't totally out of luck. The phone works just now fine except that the audio "jack" is still messed up so my music still only plays out of the speaker.
I don't think that this is a terrible phone, I just think that I wasn't keeping up with maintenance as I should have. I ran it like it couldn't handle loads of crap that it simply could not. That is evident by the fact that now since I have started over, it runs as smoothly as it did the first day I had it.

• 2013-01-14 19:37
  • GBT7

> In reply to princequinn @ 2011-07-26 05:46 from 4r8@ - click to readI cant watch 21jump street all night with it,str8 talk cut my web and youtube power

• 2013-01-10 07:44
  • IEUj

Like the other posters said it's not an iPhone or a Galaxy, but for the money($100USD), it's the best phone Straight Talk offers. I've had it since June of '12 and have have few problems with it and much enjoyment. It's my new swiss army knife.

• 2012-12-30 16:57
  • 41GI

I agree with the poster who said that this phone is HORRIBLE!!!! I received it as a Christmas gift and I wish I had not. The screen continually freezes so that NOT ONE action that I have started has been finished. I try to text, it freezes. I try to get into an app.; it freezes. I try to unlock so I can answer a call; it freezes. This is a terrible, terrible, terrible phone.

I thought the cause of its poor performance was my fault. So I had other people try to use it. Guess what? You got it! It freezes!!

I am returning this phone. Do not waste time or money on this phone.

Whew. Now I feel better.

• 2012-12-28 20:01
  • j%eU

Anyone know how to unlock updates or anything to be able to play subway surfers or any other incompatible games

• 2012-12-25 21:20
  • ky6m

This phone is horrible!!!!! Do not waste ur money! I paid over $100 for it n its not even worth the 7% tax! I can't even watch videos on YouTube and can barely watch videos I record! Thumbs down with a negative 10 stars!!!!!

• 2012-12-18 07:17
  • k$$6

> In reply to Lauren @ 2012-11-23 03:56 from kI1} - click to read we trust theam and we want to beleave theam but they lie to when we ask q we are lied to us i got a net ten phone from theam all so and thet did tex me back to let me know that i was welcome i have a huawei na send 2 and i have problems with it to the pepople that are doing the are over seas and they dont know what they are doing they are not white
they dont under stand what they are doing

• 2012-12-16 13:02
  • j$PY

This phone sucks I purchased it 3 weeks ago and the 1st one they gave me the microphone was not working on the 1st day they gave me another one and just today the camera just has a green screen I haven't drooped

• 2012-12-14 03:36
  • 4$05

Should i buy this phone from straight talk?

• 2012-12-10 20:58
  • kR9B

For the cost of the phone it does the job. If expecting it to be a IPhone or a galaxy its not, but I have had no problems with it at all. I like it a lot.

• 2012-12-01 04:47
  • k1Se

> In reply to bigtrucksdd @ 2012-08-12 16:49 from 4r8@ - click to readI've had all the same problems. I'm not very tech. Smart. Would like advice. How do I clear history and cookies.

• 2012-11-30 04:30
  • IpYP

Good phone

• 2012-11-23 03:58
  • kI1}

Well if its just A bad phone why are you people still buying them

• 2012-11-23 03:56
  • kI1}

Everybody this phone is awesome when you know how to flash custom roms!!! I installed a rom called Lunar CyanogenMod 9 OTA and it funs smooth!!!

• 2012-11-18 22:30
  • qiYw
Total of 207 user reviews and opinions for Huawei Ascend II.