Huawei Ascend II - user opinions and reviews

Huawei

6.2
6.1
6.1

> In reply to texas_flash @ 2012-07-13 08:32 from kJ1W - click to readive had phone for a few mmonths and its runs fine i have lots of apps nd music and its runs fine love thise phone and itsm cheap... but wish the camera had flash tho

• 2012-08-14 18:47
  • IABK

this phone doesnt put apps on sd card and cant figure out how to do so i love the phone but no storage and i have a 16gb sd card and the apps dont go on there like they should

• 2012-08-13 06:22
  • jMH{

> In reply to alex @ 2012-07-11 01:55 from 4r8D - click to readFrom what I've seen. Im sure most of it is operator error. People don't understand that these android phones are mini computers. If u don't maintenance them on regular formats 1 time Mabel every other month or clear the history and cache and cookies out it will lock or run slow as times go. That's for any android or windows or computer opperating system

• 2012-08-12 16:49
  • 4r8@

I really like this phone. Very good quality for such a low price. I wouldn't take the negative comments very seriously. It is quite apparent that they are all written by the same one or two people.

• 2012-08-12 11:46
  • 4r8@

love this phone

• 2012-08-08 21:59
  • j{UP

This phone rocks
Sure its slow but its not all bad..
It works great atleast for me

• 2012-08-06 03:52
  • 4r8P

Hate this fucking POS! I barley use it, on mo.th one I noticed problems and it was mostly sitting on my nightstand! After 4 months I want to trash it. Freezes ALL the time, just shuts off for no apparent reason... I backed up all my data on my sd and updated...and for some reason my sd was clean empty. It never responds right, oh and if you like texting, feeling the vibrate of each lrtter and waiting for 4 minutes to see them pop up, if at all, this paper weight is for you. Not worth the price I paid 1 week after release..$150... JUNK!

• 2012-08-03 07:06
  • qK7G

I hate this POS phone this week started calling the wrong numbers every time i make a phone call. Its constantly freezing up, the battery and space are horrible. It turns it self off randomly and sometimes takes hours to get the thing to work again. I've never hated a phone until i bought this piece of junk

• 2012-08-02 03:18
  • 4%4x

Constant frreze ups and apps I have to force close...I can text about 5 minutes before the freezing starts...so if you love waiting for your phone to unfreeze buy it! Makes a great paper weight

• 2012-07-31 00:30
  • 4849

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-07-26 04:38 from qVSS - click to readIf you like constand freeze ups and force closing apps you will live this phone!

• 2012-07-31 00:23
  • 4849

i dont know why so many people say they hate this phone. i mean yea it does have its problems like low battery life, not so good camera, and low space but other than that it's a decent phone. it's good if your first smartphone.

• 2012-07-26 04:38
  • qVSS

I hate this phone!! I try to call my husband its says its calling him but my mom answers. The battery life sucks even without using the phone much.It is very slow and the camera sucks. The internet is slow too. The phone turns itself on and off and erases everything on my sd card. over 300 songs 400 pictures..Which mad me mad because some of those pics were of a person who passed on.. They were all I had.. My cheek is always hanging up calls. From day 4 it told me I had insufficient memory and that was before I knew how to do anything with the darn thing. I only had about 30 contacts in there with just phone numbers. No FB or anything else. The manual you are able to download online to help you get to know your phone is of NO help at all. Calls drop a lot... Its not worth the price I paid for it.... They need to drop about $100 off the price. Will deal with it till I can get the extra cash to get a new phone..

• 2012-07-23 22:49
  • Y97C

I hear all this negativity about the ascend i had it for two months now, and i think it is an excellent phone for an android for the price. It doe's what a smart phone suppose to do.

• 2012-07-23 02:11
  • ICTy

> In reply to Aylin @ 2012-07-15 13:28 from qpwx - click to readI agree with you 100% ! I hate this phone..

• 2012-07-22 08:46
  • 4r8P

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-07-16 18:10 from 8a4d - click to readI barely bought it and I totally agree that it sucks! Its too slow. The camera sucks. The calls are low volume. I hate it. I just wasted 150 on this dump

• 2012-07-22 08:43
  • 4r8P

I have gone through 3 phones since July 13th, and am now having to get another phone. Every time the phone powers off, the touch-screen force closes, and you can't use the phone anymore. This phone is the worst phone I have ever had, and makes me not want to get another phone through Huawei because of this! Long story short, this phone is www.garbage.com!

• 2012-07-22 05:58
  • qnYf

I have had this phone for 6 months now... I am not very happy with it right now because it is very slow, forces apps closed a lot and just gets annoying. the camera is fair in the right lighting but there isnt a flash. no forward facing camera. overall, its a cheap smartphone and i would only recommend it to people who want to have a starter smartphone, or if you want a smartphone that isnt expensive. but if you buy it expecting that it will be the best smartphone ever, you may be in for a surprise.

• 2012-07-16 18:10
  • 8a4d

I have had this phone for about 2 months now and I have not had any problems with it whatsoever. As I read all of these negative reviews I am blown away. My phone was purchased from walmart it is through straight talk. I do agree that the sprint network is 5050 when it comes to receiving a signal but most of the time I do have all of my bars. Sometimes in certain areas does drop but that is to be expected with phones. There are certain areas they could use improvement such is the camera quality in the slow processor. Other than that it's a decent phone for the price I paid I can't really complain.

• 2012-07-16 09:23
  • IXYX

First off, The phone is slow. When I'm switching between apps, or I exit the browser, and go to my home screen, it sometimes takes a few seconds for my app icons to load on the screen. 3G network SUCKS. Takes forever for some pages to load, and it even freezes my phone sometimes, and my browser crashes. I usually just end up turning my 3G off, and using my home wifi it sucks so bad.
Call quality sucks. You can't do anything while you're in a call, and the sound quality is really bad. A lot of times I'm told to repeat what I say because I was either muffled or there is "fuzz" or "static".
Battery life on this phone is NOTHING. It barely lasts me throughout the day, even with little calling/texting/internet browsing.
And of course, the camera. First thing about the camera that I do not like; is that you CANNOT turn the camera shutter sound off, even if your phone is silent. It's really annoying, and it has prevented me from taking pictures where I normally would (I went to dinner with my husband last week, and I wanted to get a picture of the lovely table that was set up, but I knew the sound on my phone would go off, and I didn't want to disturb other guests). Second about the camera, the quality is not that great. You need a ton of light, and it's extremely pixely.
My overall rating on the phone would be a 6/10. It's cute, looks nice, some of the features are great; but the overall quality is frustrating. It's $100, and I wish I hadn't paid that much. They should reduce it to $50. Honestly.

• 2012-07-15 13:28
  • qpwx

> In reply to cmc @ 2012-07-04 15:35 from q5${ - click to readSame Here!! Had It For 3 Days,And No Problems As Of Yet!! Just Hate That It's On Sprint!!

• 2012-07-15 02:37
  • kVFW
Total of 205 user reviews and opinions for Huawei Ascend II.