Huawei Ascend II - user opinions and reviews

Huawei

6.2
6.1
6.1

> In reply to Leo @ 2012-03-27 17:28 from kZcN - click to readHi Leo, just send me the youtube.com link how to root my phone , thx

• 2012-05-22 21:09
  • YH%Y

This was my first smartphone and it sucks. Its buggy. The phone dialer will call the wrong person. For example I chose my Mom to call, the screen showed I was connected to her but the phone dialed my husband. It happens daily. The phone turns itself off randomly, the GPS is almost always two turns behind, the social notifications screen has been stuck since day one. It's slow. It's like an old virus infected computer, except it's not infected according to the security program. This has been an unfortunate intro to smartphones and I'm going back to my old Razor. I picked this phone because it was cheap And I got what I paid for.

• 2012-05-22 15:03
  • FIqb

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-02-13 22:39 from 4r8@ - click to readWhy don't I have sound on incoming videos I received in text

• 2012-05-14 20:08

• 2012-05-14 20:07
  • FIqb

> In reply to phonebuyer145 @ 2012-03-30 18:54 from 0H5x - click to readThere is an app if you google myxer.com, there you can download music and ringtones for free and there are others that you will have to pay for. All in all it is a great app.

• 2012-04-29 20:47
  • 4d3g

I like the phone.just these pre ownapp, u cant get off phone

• 2012-04-27 00:44
  • 4r8@

> In reply to bobby @ 2012-02-18 18:09 from I5Zx - click to readJust wait... the time will come when you realize how ducky the phone is

• 2012-04-25 15:15
  • 4r8@

I have this phone and the only problem ive noticed is this picture that showed up in my phone and I have no idea who the person is. I have deleted the picture several times and it comes back days later. I have called the company for help and they told me to just delete it, but to no avail. Additionally, the pic of this person was not takin with myphone. If anyone could help it'd be GREATLY appreciated.

• 2012-04-24 04:36
  • kCvW

i got this phone from us cellular and it was my first smartphone the only problems i had was wifi draining battery and some times it wouldnt send a msg or call somebody till i turned it off and back on again i also cant turn off the sound when it turns on makes it hard to text in school lol but otherwise good phone!

• 2012-04-23 01:36
  • iZmJ

I purchased an Accend II for about 250.00 and it stopped working 31 days after the purches. The screen was stuck on the start up page. I took it back and was able to exchange it due to the problem being a manufacturing defect. I received my 2nd Accend II and immediately had issues receiving phone calls. When my number was dialed, there was just dead air, no ringing and of course no ringing on my end to inform me of an icoming call. In addition, I would not receive texts in a timely manner. Text would compile and periodicaly I would receive them all at once. I went to the cleartalk store one week after this and was treated horribly. I ended up spending more than an hour each day for four days in a row letting personel trouble shoot the phone, then I was told it was due to the company working on the towers and to wait another day etc. Finally I went in on the 4th time and asked for a new phone. They showed me a red Samsung phone that was very similar and I said I would give it a try. The phone does not have the same features which bummed me out. Even worse however, it was only 59 dollars cheaper. THere is no case for this phone so i asked for a refund onthe case i purchaed for the accend and was told no, that I am stuck with the case because 30 days had passed. For the refund of the difference howerver, I originally paid with a debit card and was told I could not get a refund on my card, that I will have to wait 20 days to receive a check. Sounds like a bunch of bull, but I just wanted to get a phone that worked so i agreed. A few days later, I realized I was sold a REFURBISHED phone. This infomrmation was not diclosed to me. I have only had this samsung for three days. I will be purchasing a new phone from straigh talk and getting a refund on this refurbished phone. I am done with cleartalk.

• 2012-04-21 19:03
  • kZLX

Dont waste your money on this phone. This phone dont work @ all sometime the ringer goes off by itself. Exchanged this phone back 3 times already with problems still. Im about to see if someone will buy this garbage phone off me or just toss it. Battery runs out fast. Sound is bad hearing and talking. I cant believe a phone company offers this phone fuck cricket too. Its time for verizon ill pay the xtra 10 bucks.

• 2012-04-17 20:41
  • 4r8P

> In reply to sxy chick @ 2012-04-11 20:57 from jA0y - click to readOMG! YOU TOO...mine just kept looping the logo sign over and over again...before it totally shut down it would just cut off for no reason....

• 2012-04-15 04:55
  • 4x{9

> In reply to Monkeyshiner @ 2012-03-20 01:08 from YHAZ - click to readI thought the same thing untill 2 days ago after my Huawei Ascend 2 just stopped working for no reason. I didn't drop it,got it wet or anything.My husband's phone stoped charging after 4 months. Wow this phone sucks.

• 2012-04-11 20:57
  • jA0y

Huawei phones give me a head ache if I use the phone more than 5 minutes. I have to always use bluetooth to avoid headache. I have had 3 different Huawei phones and all 3 have given me head aches (my first two were the Huawie Ascend 1 and both had to get replaced, one stopped working.

• 2012-04-03 22:19
  • 4%FR

I've used this phone for 9 months. Main problems are related to GPS. When use GPS, it is hard to talk on the phone. Any GPS directions that it gives while you are talking on the phone are routed through the phone speaker you are hearing conversations with. This makes it hard for you to hear others of for them to hear you. Seems to crash and reboot a few times a week. When using GPS, the map goes blank sometimes or hangs and you have to reboot (can be a hassle, sometimes I missed turns or got lost not realizing the google maps crashed and phone is not giving directions). Battery life is short. If I have it fully charged and don't use the phone it runs out of battery power in about 6 to 8 hours. It makes it hard to go very long without recharging. I end up having to turn phone off to conserve battery power but then can't receive phone calls while off. If I use the phone it runs out faster. GPS is a huge battery drain on power even thought it is plugged in to the car outlet

• 2012-04-03 22:11
  • 4%FR

> In reply to phonebuyer145 @ 2012-03-30 18:54 from 0H5x - click to readI usually use 4shared, and I've found that this phone has an annoying amount of bloatware. Hopefully I get to find a way to root it and as soon as I find a way I will post it here. ^^ For the music though Download an app called 4shared. there you can download almost all apps and songs in the world for free.

• 2012-04-01 19:44
  • 4wZm

Okay i wanted to know a few apps that this phone has please comment oh and is there an app for free music?

• 2012-03-30 18:54
  • 0H5x

> In reply to Steve-O @ 2012-03-26 17:36 from jL@X - click to read Rooting is something to do to your device that enables you to go to the main core of the device, the "root" or it if you will. If rooted you will be able to remove those annoying,pre installed apps(commonly referred to as bloatware.)Rooting will also give you more battery life and may even increase screen resolution capabilities. All these things mentioned above will NOT happen automatically, once you root look on YouTube for a demonstration on how to do all these different things on your device. NOTICE & WARNING!! If you decide to root, there may be the possibility that you may lose your insurance if you have it. Any other Android questions or apps, let me know. I am kind of an Android nerd. ^^

• 2012-03-27 17:28
  • kZcN

> In reply to young money @ 2011-11-23 23:40 from qZ}x - click to readwhat did you mean by you rooted it? i was wondering so that i could do the same..

• 2012-03-26 17:36
  • jL@X

> In reply to young money @ 2011-11-23 23:40 from qZ}x - click to readwhat does rooting the phone mean?

• 2012-03-25 16:45
  • 81Q@
Total of 191 user reviews and opinions for Huawei Ascend II.