Huawei Ascend P1 - user opinions and reviews

1949682

7.7
7.6
7.6

i have had this phone for over a year, i got it on May 2013 and i had it up till today when the battery exploded and took the device internals and my SIM card with it, at least i managed to save my microSD card :D

the phone was working fine for a couple of months, then it started getting really slow, i had to do frequent memory wipes, factory resets and what-not just so i can have it running as it should for a week or so, till it gets clogged again for no reason

this morning i was playing a game called Celtic Heroes and i noticed the phone got really heated so i stopped playing and left my phone only to see some steaming coming out of the back speaker and some weird smell that turned to be lithium evaporating in the air, i immediately tossed my phone on the floor and after a second there was a boom and the back got detached and my floor got a nice sexy black spot :D

• 2014-06-19 14:42
  • SY5x

> In reply to tom @ 2014-05-01 11:24 from vV5y - click to readI definitely agree with youu about the upgrade to JB. I was even made to list my cellphone number and e-mail add on a huawei form indicating that they would contact me when the upgrade is available, and that is very soon. A year passed and not a word from them.
But i concede that the phone is really good especially the display and the camera which are very vivid even in direct sunlight.
The only thing is, I can't move apps to SD card. It has no provision on its app settings for that. I tried downloading apps to play store but none works because of the phone limitation.

• 2014-06-19 05:38
  • vxjC

Why is this phone have a bad comments,
I used this phone almost a year now my overall review is excellent i thnk its not a cheap device, compare to sony xperia c hmm!

• 2014-06-18 07:34
  • K7gV

Camera no good.....imagine doesnt appear to be 8mp

• 2014-06-04 07:34
  • 7wn0

> In reply to gnardog @ 2014-04-29 01:49 from IrW9 - click to readHahaha!

• 2014-05-14 08:34
  • P%uR

Have U9202L-1 model. I want to connect it with Nokia BH-503 Bluetooth headset. But on searching my HAP1 does not show this device. Though it shows on my other mobile phones.How do I connect HAP1 with this bluetooth device?

• 2014-05-12 13:26
  • tE$9

iam using this phone.....exp is just awesome its screen and video recording is its top features.....:) and it has good looking body too...! just loved it :)

• 2014-05-09 14:35
  • vbPb

I want to buy this phone...but to experts only n the ones who own the phone does this phone really posess a dual led flash xenon flash or led flash

• 2014-05-08 18:10
  • N7Dq

A very good brand and phone but also a good liar brand saying empty word to buyer's that's can upgrading jelly bean since long time ago, now is p7, forget bout p1

• 2014-05-01 11:24
  • vV5y

No joke, my Ascend P1 was great until it made a popping sound and the screen went white. It restarted. Never using it again :((

• 2014-04-29 06:37
  • 7svU

> In reply to Schlauf2 @ 2014-02-25 01:28 from 0mUG - click to readThis is an underdog of a phone,i have had 80 phones.this one is awesome.i now have the ascend p6 which I have been using for almost a year,THAT is a record.i bought an ascend p1 for my wife so she could have a proper smartphone.not a stupid iphone like EVERYONE has,a Huawei TOP device.too bad it is stuck on ICS.oh well,she doesn't even know what that means.she loves her phone.

• 2014-04-29 01:49
  • IrW9
  • F

The phone is really awesome...i love this phone,only one problem-there is some moisture stuck on the front camera is anybody else also facing this problem ?

• 2014-04-11 21:54
  • X}yJ

> In reply to jazzy @ 2014-04-06 19:25 from 6PSu - click to readsetting > Language and input > android keyboard > unchecked vibrate on key press

May be it will helpful for u..

• 2014-04-09 09:45
  • vGH{

this phone is nice but anyone tell me plz how finish vibration during the typing this is only that irritate me

• 2014-04-06 19:25
  • 6PSu

The Huawei p1 is very interesting.
I love it but one question.
Tell me some one how can I use 3G video calling without skype?

• 2014-03-29 18:39
  • UNKw

hy gyz i am using this phone i am using this phone in Pakistan this set is so nice and very very light weight i think huawei brand is good,

• 2014-03-24 21:10
  • 6QgM

I'm using this phone before 8months..the phone is awesome...comparing to other campanies phone prices...but my phone lost the camera quality and the accessories for p1 I can't find in India...

• 2014-03-24 13:59
  • bE8@

i've been using huawei P1 for about 6 mos. and i really love it, the camera is soooo clear and it was very light.. :)

• 2014-03-19 07:16
  • tS0I

> In reply to akbar @ 2014-01-01 15:47 from uuxv - click to readUse vroot search for it, you cant find it in playstore its against their policy.

• 2014-03-08 04:06
  • P%uR

> In reply to neil young @ 2013-12-18 04:26 from K7eu - click to readThere is monthly update but it is for chinese version no google apps. They release global jellybean update but it is so buggy. Just search for it

• 2014-03-08 03:51
  • P%uR
Total of 879 user reviews and opinions for Huawei Ascend P1.