Huawei Ascend P2 - user opinions and reviews

Huawei

7.3

I have been using Huawei P2 32gig and 2gig RAM version for at least 3 months now and I am fairly happy with it. I really cannot complain much on the battery as I basically have my portable wifi hotspot turned on practically for half of the day and sometimes longer so I have no choice but to carry with me a power bank to give the battery enough juice to last the whole day or at least while I am out. Although I did try it several times during weekend not to use the portable hot spot as I have wifi at home and it does last longer. I am using right now two other phones; Iphone 5 and a BlackBerry Z10 and spec wise all three are pretty close to each other including the battery. But since I use the data plan on my P2 (with or without wifi)surely it is the fastest one to run out of juice among the three phones. But in general I have had no problems with it similar to the issues I have read in the comments. I guess I am lucky to get a good unit or so. My only gripe if there is one is that like one guy mentioned for this particular model it would seem Huawei has no plan to allow SW updates. But honestly that is not a deal breaker for me. I am fine using it's current android version of 4.1.2. I did not buy this phone for its software. I bought it for its spec plus the fact Huawei offered a 60% discount so to me its a steal and great deal. Absolutely no complaints.

• 2014-11-25 04:32
  • thdH

so i have this huawei p2 for about 3months, and i have problem about it .. my wifi connection is always automatically disconnected and all i have to do is reboot my phone for about 2-3 hours to connect again. its always happening and it sucks !! what should i do ?

• 2014-11-23 12:25
  • thHn

> In reply to xoxo @ 2014-11-11 02:33 from vxtn - click to readi have .. my huawei p2 is 32gb

• 2014-11-23 12:15
  • thHn

> In reply to Paul @ 2014-11-10 13:56 from t7Xh - click to readhello how do you turn of the LTE setting?

• 2014-11-15 16:51
  • t7Mn

will there be an android 4.4 version for this?

• 2014-11-14 10:18
  • t7Xr

yes it has .. im one of the brand ambassador of huawei and 16gb rom and 1gb ram and 32gb rom and 2gb ram

• 2014-11-13 16:25
  • v0qT

> In reply to lex @ 2014-11-02 13:16 from PT}x - click to readI bought my huawei p2 3mons ago. Now, the led flash isn't working. I tried taking pictures while the lights are out but still it didn't work automatically.

• 2014-11-12 18:00
  • t7Xk

> In reply to xoxo @ 2014-11-11 02:33 from vxtn - click to readI have the 32 GB version

• 2014-11-11 21:07
  • XpfY

is there any other huawei P2 phone? i heard from someone that there is a huawei P2 phone with a 32gb internal

• 2014-11-11 02:33
  • vxtn

> In reply to angel @ 2014-10-29 15:23 from vaN} - click to readGood day Angel, you are wondering why yoir HUAWIE P2 is Heating when you use your internet? If yoir using Mobile data trafic its natural. This is My suggestion. If yoir using Wifi only you can turn of the setting of the LTE signal of your network so that you can save more power and the heat will be lesser. Thank you 😄

• 2014-11-10 13:56
  • t7Xh

I have the GL07S which is the Japanese version of this phone with a virtually identical spec. The phone is one year old and the power button has been failing on it for weeks. I just had to install a software fix to use the volume button to turn the phone on. A phone that lasts just one year what would you think? Needless to say I won't be recommending or buying Huawei again. I should also add that they don't issue Android updates so you're stuck with whatever version your phone comes in. Avoid.

• 2014-11-08 20:13
  • S9M0

pls. what shud i do, my p2 is not booting up, i've done hard reset wipe data/cache, but still not booting up, it stay at huawei logo....pls guys help me....

• 2014-11-08 08:35

• 2014-11-08 08:22
  • t7Xk

> In reply to angel @ 2014-10-29 15:23 from vaN} - click to readI agree. I didn't use it for a day and it was on full charge but when i check it, the phone is already off. The battery is not good at all.

• 2014-11-08 01:47
  • t7Xk

Absolutely horrific phone. Didn't work out of the box, hardware issues involving the screen and HD images, cut out the sim card whenever it felt like, which could be up to 25 times in a day, causing constant restarts. Shut down apps when it felt like, terrible battery life, needlessly slippery design meaning it was useless to use with gloves on, even though it specifically shouted about its gloves mode. Refused to notify me on updates from time to time, still on 4.1 Jellybean even though updates to 4.3 and 4.4 were promised: never delivered by Huawei through obvious lack of care. Got incredibly slow, incredibly quickly and called for constant restarts, awful cropping mechanism in the default gallery meant it was essential you download something else such as QuickPic. Froze frequently,ugly and unchangeable UI, which looks stupidly childish and simplistic, and a total absence of an app tray means your screen would get very clogged, very quickly.

The one and only positive is that it's aesthetically nice.

1/10. Practically no redeeming qualities on this phone.

• 2014-11-07 22:09
  • aXvf

this phone is mid level class.:)

• 2014-11-06 09:08
  • w0Q$

for those who cez that the flashlight is working only in a month..try to think..try to turn your lights off then take a picture .. so u will find out that flash it automatically

• 2014-11-02 13:16
  • PT}x

at 1st month the led flash of my p2 is working good even in video recording....but on its 2nd month the flash of my p2 isnt working anymore....why is that?

• 2014-10-31 14:12
  • t7XH

My huawei p2 is heating while im using the net, and the battery life is quite short, is it normal for p2? Tnx

• 2014-10-29 15:23
  • vaN}

this phone is pretty much good but i have one question to all the huawei p2 users: pretty much all im doing is browse the internet but this phone only lasts about 3 hrs. is this normal for p2 or my model has defect?

• 2014-10-28 12:10
  • t7Mi
Total of 210 user reviews and opinions for Huawei Ascend P2.