Huawei Ascend W1 - user opinions and reviews

Huawei

6.3
6.2
6.4

do this phone has a radio? if so please guide me.

• 2014-06-04 07:52
  • fu4i

Hello, how to update my phone to 8.1?

• 2014-06-04 07:20
  • v0qJ

Hello ,
Is this a good smartphone ?
Does it suffer from major issues ?
Besides , is wp 8.1 available for it ??

• 2014-06-01 13:25
  • fvfe

> In reply to Luidex @ 2014-05-30 15:13 from fu4V - click to readHELP how do i update my phone when i go to the update thing it says my phones up to date!

• 2014-05-31 15:00
  • q{AF

Everyone, update your Ascend W1 to WP 8.1, it allows you to install apps on the memory card, which means no more memory issues. I've even installed Asphalt 8.

• 2014-05-30 15:13
  • fu4V

Huawei W1 is a good device, considered for its low price. Now I am fully satisfied because I am able to update my Phone to Windows Phone 8.1 Which has new features.

• 2014-05-30 03:51
  • t7Xr

It is an awesome smartphone!
No lag, good wi-fi, good price (129eur from Greece) and very beautiful design and colours. The battery is great too. It works very smoother with wp8.1

• 2014-05-24 17:51
  • LHj4

I have a Huawei w1 with straight talk I had it for a week now I downloaded my kik app and now it is messing up it shows me the messages when people send them to me but when I try to go on my kik it always exit out or go back to home page and then my phone keep freezing up so I have to take the battery out and put it back in it want connect to my wifi or update my apps can you please tell me what I would have to do to fix the problem.

• 2014-05-16 21:22
  • bcVp

> In reply to Jeng @ 2014-03-25 13:52 from PxAC - click to readHi I have posted the above comments about the Huawei W1 issue not connecting w/ my wifi router. It is now connecting smoothly. Problem was not w/ my Huawei W1 but w/ my wifi router. After replace of the router, my Huawei W1 is connecting smoothly and very fast. I was right Huawei products are really great in fact I bout my 3rd Huawei phone last week a Y511. They are great phones and also a good value to your money and quality too. I will recommend them to others!

• 2014-05-15 14:20
  • Ia7v

I've my w1 for 9 months I guess and today suddenly my camera stopped working when I try to open the app or any other camera app it returns to the homepage please some help, I want this fixed

• 2014-05-10 23:55
  • nckr

> In reply to Kristian @ 2014-05-10 18:37 from t7uq - click to readAnd how do you do that??

• 2014-05-10 23:53
  • nckr

For those who have their w1 that hangs, try to flash U.S. Rom or Russian Rom and update to GDR3 using preview for developers.

• 2014-05-10 18:37
  • t7uq
  • WindowsPhone Fanboy
  • Rating0

You can now stored Games in SD Card from Windows Phone 8.1

got here

• 2014-05-10 11:07
  • t7s@

hi bought ths phone 2months ago and phone has started hanging and switching off wonder what the problem is
.kindly help

• 2014-05-08 14:21
  • fq81

> In reply to riziki @ 2014-04-28 11:52 from rrrn - click to read i know what is the solution is all about ; First open the storage of your phone , second delete all the storage or format your phone then third wash your phone in the dishes with soap powder and then hang it with tongs until it dry . after that you`ll have a nice and clean Huawei phone .

no need to thank me , becouse it is m job to help people in need .

• 2014-05-07 08:40
  • 9x1a

I just bought this phone 2 weeks ago. And i cant find where my downloaded files are going.. The "other" files keep on increasing but i can't find or access it. Please help. Thanks

• 2014-05-06 09:38
  • t7Xk

I have had this phone huawei ascend W1 for 11 months now. Always when I check my phone storage, photos, apps n videos take around 350mb space, system takes 1.66gb n there is another icon known as 'others' which is a whopping 1.70gb n it keeps on growing, it has grown to a level that the memory is full. My question is, what are these 'others' which I didn't save n is filling my phone memory n how can I access them n get rid of it? Pliz help

• 2014-04-28 11:52
  • rrrn

> In reply to Harlie @ 2013-12-16 10:03 from NR0r - click to readOK had a similar issue. - you will need to reset your phone. This will mean that all the apps and data will be lost. So transfer what you can to a PC, After the reset to factory settings, you will need to perform an update. This will give you the extra options in settings.

• 2014-04-28 05:44
  • PTcF

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-25 00:04 from NwFH - click to readI wouldn't get one personally if you want apps. You can't store apps on an SD card. only the phone, so it limits you extremely. It frustrates me a lot, I have one.

• 2014-04-27 20:51
  • 4MUs

this phone is good enough...

i buy this for 199 USD brand new without contract
( i bought the CDMA Phone W1C00, the GSM phone is W1U00...)

The OS is superb smooth..never had any laggy performance, the best internet speed and tethering..
i use cdma operator in my country and touch 5,5 Mbps via tethering which is very good enough for me..

single sim card slot, but can be dual detect network mode..if you put CDMA simcard will be CDMA phone, if you put GSM simcard will be GSM phone...CDMA EVDO REV B and 2G EDGE GSM network.

the battery life is amazing, even compare wih my motorola XT912, still Ascend W1 is the winner.
Using this phone for heavy usage internet, email, social media and asolutely make a phone call and sms, the battery still on for 26 Hours..

No Regret for buy this phone !

• 2014-04-26 19:17
  • 61KU
Total of 445 user reviews and opinions for Huawei Ascend W1.