Huawei Ascend W1 - user opinions and reviews

Huawei

6.3
6.2
6.4

I have had this phone huawei ascend W1 for 11 months now. Always when I check my phone storage, photos, apps n videos take around 350mb space, system takes 1.66gb n there is another icon known as 'others' which is a whopping 1.70gb n it keeps on growing, it has grown to a level that the memory is full. My question is, what are these 'others' which I didn't save n is filling my phone memory n how can I access them n get rid of it? Pliz help

• 2014-04-28 11:52
  • rrrn

> In reply to Harlie @ 2013-12-16 10:03 from NR0r - click to readOK had a similar issue. - you will need to reset your phone. This will mean that all the apps and data will be lost. So transfer what you can to a PC, After the reset to factory settings, you will need to perform an update. This will give you the extra options in settings.

• 2014-04-28 05:44
  • PTcF

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-25 00:04 from NwFH - click to readI wouldn't get one personally if you want apps. You can't store apps on an SD card. only the phone, so it limits you extremely. It frustrates me a lot, I have one.

• 2014-04-27 20:51
  • 4MUs

this phone is good enough...

i buy this for 199 USD brand new without contract
( i bought the CDMA Phone W1C00, the GSM phone is W1U00...)

The OS is superb smooth..never had any laggy performance, the best internet speed and tethering..
i use cdma operator in my country and touch 5,5 Mbps via tethering which is very good enough for me..

single sim card slot, but can be dual detect network mode..if you put CDMA simcard will be CDMA phone, if you put GSM simcard will be GSM phone...CDMA EVDO REV B and 2G EDGE GSM network.

the battery life is amazing, even compare wih my motorola XT912, still Ascend W1 is the winner.
Using this phone for heavy usage internet, email, social media and asolutely make a phone call and sms, the battery still on for 26 Hours..

No Regret for buy this phone !

• 2014-04-26 19:17
  • 61KU

It is quite slow in downloading images & videos. Android phones are much more superior than windows phones!

• 2014-04-26 10:19
  • Sar$

So is it a good phone one can buy? pls advice me

• 2014-04-25 00:04
  • NwFH

Battery life is very good, hopefully my w1 would get windows phone 8.1

• 2014-04-14 16:48
  • sxtc
  • swaggggingonmyswagg
  • Rating0

its not a bad phone for the price but there is only 2gb of memory so you run out in like 2 days, and it freezes quite often

• 2014-04-09 18:07
  • 4mTx

hi
i have huawei ascend w1 how can i resize my 4g of this phone up to 8g or more

• 2014-04-02 08:46
  • pWH0

my phone asking e mail id..idon't know that . how to open my lock

• 2014-03-28 19:42
  • vGk8

Help me out i want to use mp3 for ringing tone and hw to zoom the camera,i just bought w1 few day ago pls

• 2014-03-28 17:32
  • ftKa

> In reply to juju @ 2013-12-12 15:46 from S1jf - click to readAll you have to do is pair your phone the phone you plan to receive or send files to. Once the bluetooth pairing is successful, scroll to the item you plan to send and hold it for few seconds. A prop up menu comes up, click and share and send through bluetooth.

• 2014-03-28 07:56
  • N9@S

just got this phone... do windows viruses affect it ? please advise

• 2014-03-27 23:21
  • fsse

I can't connect to my new D link N150 DIR600L Cloud WiFi router using my newly purchased Huawei W1 Windows Phone8. Other
Android devices can connect without any problem.

After turning on WiFi switch in my Huawei W1 it can see the SSID of the router but when I connect the error message is:
"Connection unsuccessful Your phone couldn't reach the Wi-Fi network". After trying many many times it did connect once but
after opening Internet Explorer in my W1 it is not going to any site, the error message is:

We're having trouble
displaying this page.

We're having trouble with the page you're
to reach and can't open it right now.

Try the following:
Refresh the page or try again later.

I tried everything, including resetting the phone to factory settings but still it wouldn't connect. I also tried to factory reset
the wifi router and have even removed security (OPEN) without requiring password to login, but still it is not connecting.
Other devices are connecting smoothly.
I have purchased this product because I trusted your brand and
this is my second Huawei phone my first was Y300.
Please help me resolve this problem, It's so frustrating. Thanks

• 2014-03-25 13:52
  • PxAC

then problem i have with it is that after leaving it over night when am about to use it in the morning it will not come up it will be displaying resuming....until i restart the phone.. common do something about it

• 2014-03-18 12:26
  • Nw{D

its a terribly poor phone. nothing good to say about it. keeps on hanging. consequently i have to keep restarting. has the memory capacity of a mosquito. do not buy this phone. it will disappoint you!!. am about to smash mine and replace it with android.

• 2014-03-18 07:33
  • Nwxx

dont buy this shit ... problem with this phone,sometime also it stucks and write for m "resuming" and it do takes a lot of time xo it is until i switch it off then switching it on again.....shity phn forever

• 2014-03-11 09:26
  • terX

I have this almost 4mos..very soft and easy to use,only my problem always phone memory full new apps..

• 2014-03-09 01:20
  • v0qJ

Have this phone for about 6 months. So far, it is a very good smartphone, with a good performance, without lags. I've experienced 'force close' issues with some apps, but that's all. Better phone than Lumia 520, since this one lacks camera flash. In all, I'm very satisfied with Huawei W1. Thanks.

• 2014-03-07 02:25
  • P00y

also i've another problem with this phone,sometime also it stucks and write for m "resuming" and it do takes a lot of time xo it is until i switch it off then switching it on again so as to go back 2 its normal condition,xo plz if anyone knows the solution of this problem,he should tell m coz i'm really getting bored sometym with this phone.

• 2014-03-04 22:40
  • NsJ5
Total of 429 user reviews and opinions for Huawei Ascend W1.