Huawei Ascend Y - user opinions and reviews

Huawei

5.6

I wanted to connect my Huawei hp to my laptop.. an it asked for the WPS Pin no of the hp. Where do I get it from?

• 2014-09-02 15:13
  • HByQ

> In reply to Mart @ 2014-03-15 17:24 from sfUF - click to readHold the power button down for two seconds. Also holding the power button and the down volume button together for two seconds will perform a screen capture.

• 2014-04-19 23:45
  • 4rNp

The phone I have now is the 3rd ascend y from straight talk and fixing to send back in for a fourth everyone of the ascends ive had will do the same thing activity messaging not responding apps don't work and will send me back to google search bar while im on the internet even with wifi on and connected

• 2014-03-19 12:55
  • Iudi

How do you turn the phone (power) off? The qick start manual has a lot of info but does not tell you how to turn the thing on or off

• 2014-03-15 17:24
  • sfUF

> In reply to TT1388 @ 2013-03-18 00:33 from qnyu - click to readBecause videos are "too big"

• 2013-11-04 02:21
  • kTr8

> In reply to greeneyes @ 2013-03-19 01:22 from TgT2 - click to readyou have to hold the message. a diffrent options menu will apear. it wall show a website in witch will restart the downloading.

• 2013-10-08 14:31
  • RrZE

> In reply to mystery @ 2013-03-28 12:55 from qLJ% - click to readWith that you will have to get a whole new S.D card. something has went wrong to the point where it will no longer read that card.

• 2013-10-08 14:28
  • RrZE

I like this phone/O/S. My wife has a Samsung (it looks to be almost exactly the same?) with the ICS O/S, which has a couple of features I like but I think the GB is better overall.

I've had this phone for 6 or 8 months. My only major complaints are that certain web pages blow up the browser, it won't download .pdf files, and the media player won't let you order a playlist the way you want it (it automatically alphabetizes the list based on the title (NOT the file name) and will only play the files in that sequence). In order to alter the sequence you have to edit the title properties with a PC and alphabetize it the way you want it...very kludgy.

• 2013-09-07 13:40
  • jghp

Went through 2 of these phones in 3 mouths. Never BUY THIS PHONE. It freezes up, The touch screen sucks, screen is fuzzy on pics. Its a cheep android for a reason. Call quealty sucks even with full bars. Also it is very very slow. Slow to even open a text message or facebook. I will never ever buy any type of phone from Huawei again. Even if they become as successful as the Iphone. HTC all the way.

• 2013-07-23 22:00
  • k$6d

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-04-01 07:56 from FIqb - click to readmy screen will go black where I can not make a call. I can still receive calls.. but of course can not make one with the black screen. It has done this about 5 or 6 times in the 3 months I have owned this phone..when it works it is very good.. but you can NOT depend on it.

• 2013-07-18 00:37
  • Ye$q

How long does it take for the phone to come on the charger

• 2013-07-12 07:29
  • kRgT

All of a sudden when I try to check my data...weather, etc. it says I'm not connected, my notifications don't alert me anymore, etc. Does anyone know why it won't stay connected?

• 2013-07-07 23:42
  • 4bhQ

My phone has no range at all,if i get 10 feet from a tower there is no signal.It doesn't load well and it is always freezing up. Not very happy with this phone

• 2013-06-25 15:22
  • 8fsk

Its works with sim ?

• 2013-06-20 00:34
  • ITL@

hey actually this phone does have a radio built-in..

and yeah the phone is lame but i rooted mine and it's not so bad now just need to root it and then get rom toolbox you can tweak it to run a lot smoother; not on par with a good phone but a true noticeable improvement can be made.

• 2013-05-15 07:52
  • 75TA

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-04-20 17:28 from 4ME9 - click to readSo far not so good...and straightalk is HORRIBLE!! So frustrating. I can't understand anything they're saying, and when asked to repeat because you can't understand. They repeat in the same tone and words...ugh beyond frustrating.

• 2013-05-09 18:57
  • R0uS

Mine freezes up on me too, I'm having trouble finding a cover for it. and if you ever have to call straight talk good luck understanding them they are in India.

• 2013-04-20 17:28
  • 4ME9

This phone is the worst, can't do anything without it freezing up!!

• 2013-04-01 07:56
  • FIqb

y u guys so harsh? got one from straight talk just last month like u guys and mine works just fine. Maybe you got a defect or you got a refurb,I don't really know whats going on.

• 2013-04-01 07:32
  • 7BG}

> In reply to greeneyes @ 2013-03-19 01:22 from TgT2 - click to readMake sure ur internet is on or it wont download pics. J reccomend not get this phone it freezes up all the time

• 2013-03-28 23:22
  • FImb
Total of 33 user reviews and opinions for Huawei Ascend Y.