Huawei Ascend Y200 - user opinions and reviews

Huawei

7.2
7.0
6.9

Huawei Y200 has no front camera seems a minus point and poor sound quality when do video recording.
Still I could not find a manual how to access internet by connecting this phone to laptop. But Nokia satisfy with PC suite and CD come along with it but here for Huawei Y200 no such software available.
If anyone knows pls share with me

• 2012-10-01 10:23
  • v{uH
  • F

> In reply to vhince4005 @ 2012-09-22 17:31 from Kg}X - click to read@vhince4005

i am impressed . What mind-blowing specs. Can u help me out with making my phone such great as you.

• 2012-10-01 07:30
  • uu2a

> In reply to bauza @ 2012-09-25 12:16 from p33W - click to read sir i just want to say just wanted to say that just give it factory reset then i am sure it will not hag anymore i have consulted HUAWEI head office

• 2012-09-30 17:25
  • KgfU

how can i tweak huawei y200?
please tell me every step to do that

• 2012-09-30 13:26
  • mViM

Its a beautifull mobile in its range it is alot better than HTC Explorer and Wildfire S.....Its Camera is Awsum in Day but not good in Night I hav Y200 and Exporer but rocomend u to by Huawei y2oo

• 2012-09-30 12:56
  • sy4a

Bought this phone as first android phone. Before used Nokia 6303c and Nokia N97 mini. Y200 fulfills almost all needs. It has great screen, smooth on using apps and internet, calling quality is more than great. But it really has some cons. First things first: messaging is a bit difficult because accuracy when pressing keypad is poor. Many mistakes are made, sometimes I spend really to many time correcting simple messages. After some time and even more some time you could find out how to press and press where you want but.. some time and experience must pass by.. Or you must have really small fingers, mine aren't small but neither big, but I already feel like messaging on Y200 is almost annoying and 'unwantable'. Earlier I thought it was annoying on N97mini touch pad screen, but now I feel that it is relief after Y200,. and in sake of full picture or full scale - messaging on 6303C is divine. I would advice to turn off TouchPal key pad in vertical mode, and leave it on landscape mode. RAM: Lack of internal memory makes it difficult to download new apps. Task Killer is necessity. Some apps are annoying because it runs in background all the time (this is Android issue of course). You always have only ~40Mb of memory. Some times less than 20Mb. So if you want to download an app size more than 20Mb it becomes impossible to do. You must take some actions to free up Mbs. Program manager integrated into Android helps to do it. As I am not heavy task runner so it is not problem to me. I knew what I am going to buy: that was - Wi-Fi, 3G, GPS, some level of multitasking and the screen. Those was my needs and the price was more than low. Advice: you must know what you really need. If you are photographer camera would be another disadvantage as it has only 3,2MPix, fixed focus. But I am not very strict on it because I have N97mini and Photo Cam, so ability occasionally to take an 3,2 million Pix image is more than enough for me, and I must admit that pictures of that camera are quite good, even in the dusk. If you are going to use many of offered apps, programs and games you should save your money for more expensive and RAM'er phone. And yet the best app for my 3 year old child to run very smoothly is Talking Ginger. Downloaded Angry Birds, first two or three levels ran very well, but then I deleted it, I am not gamer and the latter game wasn't so exciting. I Liked the sound quality even if most replies aren't good about it. I also like earphones, those are fine, minimalistic. It is said that battery can withstand only 1 or two days, but if you use it very often. But if you are like me - rarely using the phone intense, you could expect 3-4 days. I think even more if using Power saving mode. And the phone: it is quite well made. I mean its all from plastic which is solid, not cracking. I liked a lot the back cover. It sticks to the back of the phone very assuredly. And jaggy back cover makes the phone feel comfortable in palm. You shouldn't expect highest class plastic or metal in phone of such price range, but you feel that it was made with care for end-user, for us. In conclusion I feel happy about the purchase, although it has some weaknesses, but the price is his one of strongest points. If you know what you want - buy it, if you are unsure - don't buy it with closed eyes because it can be the cause of your frustration: research the market and make the right decision.

• 2012-09-29 19:46
  • 0x@t

Please anyone tell me how to upgrade 2.3.6 android in to 4.0ICS for huawei Ascend Y 200

• 2012-09-29 13:26
  • s8Ev

Can I root the phone

• 2012-09-26 11:33
  • t5W5

Why everytime when i trie to play some games its gonna pause it every half minute,i cant play any game without this problem

• 2012-09-25 12:16
  • p33W

you have to input the setting for your isp to be able to get on the net I have done this and it works fine My problem is the lack of internal memeory can someone help

• 2012-09-25 03:35
  • vmGS

> In reply to vhince4005 @ 2012-09-22 17:31 from Kg}X - click to readHow to tweak my y200, please method post.

• 2012-09-24 11:42
  • PVeH

I can't get my y200 on the internet, is there some hidden trick to it. If someone can help that would be great. I can surf with wi-fi OK. Even the salesman from Dick Smith could not work out what is wrong.

• 2012-09-24 10:19
  • yKB8

> In reply to devil @ 2012-09-20 14:55 from bCe3 - click to readu r rite bro, developors must solve this issue...

• 2012-09-23 00:29
  • 6QbD

I'm quite satisfied with my Tweaked Y200, i can play mid-end games smoothly (temple run, etc.) and the UI is very responsive.

My y200 new specs..
CPU: 1093 mhz
GPU: Adreno 200/ Chainfire3D Plugins (nvidia/powerVR/Qualcomm)
RAM: 173MB + 256 mb Linux Swappable
Internal Memory: 165MB + 1GB Link2SD Ext partition

• 2012-09-22 17:31
  • Kg}X

slow browsing, no reel multi tasking..

• 2012-09-22 10:42
  • 0TI}

is this phone good for games?? please tell me, its very important to me

• 2012-09-20 18:18
  • prQx

> In reply to Dannyboi @ 2012-09-20 09:38 from 7sHA - click to readI was planning to buy the same but heard that it pauses game or crashes it. I dont know if the huawei tech knws abt this bug. the best is to wait for an update or you can bring into the huawei notice by mailing them :)

• 2012-09-20 14:55
  • bCe3

It's all great but the internal memory is a little poor... anyone have find a solution?

• 2012-09-20 11:05
  • smm9

This phone is good for the price everythings fine except for one major thing when I try play games it lasts for 1-3 minutes untill it starts pausing through the game every 1-3mins does anyone know the problem an how to fix it?

• 2012-09-20 09:38
  • 7sHA
Total of 431 user reviews and opinions for Huawei Ascend Y200.