Huawei Ascend Y300 - user opinions and reviews

Huawei

7.8
8.0
7.8

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-12-19 09:57 from v%iW - click to readThe lag you won't get away from, due to the phone's low memory.

I've put a very lightweight keyboard on the phone - Multiling's O Keyboard (note: the "O" one is the lightweight keyboard, as there's another Multiling one, which has more features, and takes up more space).

To this keyboard, add the English plugin (Honzo, I think the name is).

Not very intuitive, but does the basics OK - go into settings to ensure 2nd function symbols work, like $ , ? , ( ) etc., as they didn't by default for me.

• 2014-12-19 13:35
  • rvQx

A great phone for the price. It's performance is pretty good, except for a couple of issues:
- problems with the keyboard, ie. not coming up when you tap
- a bit of lag with some apps and internet
- strange glitches with the phone which are not too frequent, however very frustrating.

Those are the main issues, the phone has quite successful performance. The battery on mine is fairly long-lasting however I have heard it reduces rapidly after a while within having the phone.

• 2014-12-19 09:57
  • v%iW

> In reply to dave.w @ 2014-12-17 13:35 from nIIH - click to readuse airdroid from google app store and share data over air simple..

• 2014-12-18 11:10
  • KIeV

how do i down load photos to my computer ,from phone .?? tell me in simple laugauge please

• 2014-12-17 13:35
  • nIIH

I have lost the phone 2 days back.....feeling miserable.....any chance to find it??

• 2014-12-15 19:34
  • vwYK

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-08-28 18:22 from 4x0y - click to readyour problem is equal to me, I cant send texting, some letters such as Y, H, B, etc (on the keyboard) are difficult to touch. It makes me mad. VERY DISAPPOINTED!

• 2014-12-14 02:10
  • vfxa

Everyone says this phone very good. I actually agree but I got bad experience with this phone. After several months I bought Y300, several areas of its screen cant be touched, it makes me disappointed. Then, I take my phone to Huawei Service Center in Indonesia as my country and it needs a months to get my phone back. Not so long, the screen became error again and again. I cant make texting bcoz the keyboards cant be touched like before. I bring my phone to Huawei Service Center again. Now Im just waiting to get my phone back. The process of service is quite so long. Huawei Im disappointed, VERY!!! But never mind, let me say this phone is exactly fabulous, especially its camera is very great, both rear or front camera but the battery performance is very poor, it drains so fast and if we want to keep 3G signal, the phone is gonna be very hot and it has a bad speaker. If you try to play music, Im sure that its speaker has bad quality.

• 2014-12-11 16:10
  • w7hU

The phone is the best, the screen is sensitive, you don't have to push the screen so hard just to interact to the interface but with smooth touch you already apply your commands, which is easy and efficient, however, just avoid your fingers a little bit co'z you might click something by mistake. but I Love how it responses, I experience no Lag for this phone except for gaming ofcourse its normal.hehe.. the bad news is that, I lost this phone, and right now I am currently searching for this one again. I have my Huawei Ascend G6 which is higher model than this, But there's something which y300 is very different to other Huawei Mondels. HUHUHU..

• 2014-12-06 00:34
  • v0qZ

This is good set i have been using for last 10 months, some time it get stuck during browsing over all it is perfact cell phone.

• 2014-12-04 05:37
  • PxL{

very good phone but very sensitive..just a slight touch many action will do..but over all a very good phone..love it..my husband owns it..his brother gave it to him as a gift..

• 2014-12-03 10:18
  • th9Y

Install zero launcher..good..lag homescreen reduce..

• 2014-12-03 09:18
  • KZ8I

I used my mobile it was really good .it does not hang and I used my mobile more then one year

• 2014-11-29 20:04
  • y@@i

not good for internet use. Very low speed data transfer
Battery goes down with 45min when browsing internet

• 2014-11-28 07:58
  • Uiw8

> In reply to alieu @ 2014-11-27 20:54 from ftUC - click to readI off da fon now wen I on it, it just coms vodafone

• 2014-11-28 07:43
  • YU8q

hi my phone has a problem what could I do,,i downloaded one program du speed booster from that all application write unfortunately has been stopped my phone no +255684196799

• 2014-11-28 07:28
  • fuZQ

hi, i was using my phone this morning and the volume botton started to freeze. i then switch the phone off and try to put it on again. the next the phone is showing a purple colour and it cant be switch off unless u take off d battery. please i need your help

• 2014-11-27 20:54
  • ftUC

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-09-14 07:54 from r06Y - click to readI have same problem what to do did you solve it???

• 2014-11-26 20:35
  • g5ix

Hi. When i call someone with my Y300 my mic stops and the person i called cant hear me. It happens after 15 seconds or more and i hear the caller. Pls help me any advice.

• 2014-11-26 19:49
  • HHHH

The phone is good for budget...i have been using it for six month..it is an overall good ecperience but it has a huge RAM prpblem . Out of 512 mb ..no more than 100 is free..its usually less than that...the design and shape is good...touch os soft...but it cannot run HD games and wont play 720p and 1080p movies smoothly...not even on MX player...its screen sometimes acts as a double view mirror...even on full brightness and it has a huge network issue...wifi range is also very low...if u are low on budget...try buying a secondhand phone....with atleast 1gb of RAM if u r a frequent app user...if not ...than go ahead and give it a try

• 2014-11-26 18:34
  • 6P}k

not fast enough, delay in response and can easily hang on quick or sudden process shifting, this phone cannot handle heavy applications at once such as HD games, it has major problems in network connectivity. weak network bars and variance in reception. many software errors such as camera malfunction, with "camera error, cannot connect to camera" "network error,USSD problem"
Generally its a poor performance phone

• 2014-11-25 13:28
  • CDFV
Total of 2472 user reviews and opinions for Huawei Ascend Y300.