Huawei Ascend Y300 - user opinions and reviews

Huawei

7.8
7.9
7.7

my y300 has this problem, when i download an app, it disapears from the files, but if u check the installed apps u'll c it, if u uninstall app, u lose it 4eva,
also its now refusing to install any new apps, wen u factory reset it, it behaves for a while then starts again
how do i end this?

• 2015-04-24 11:43
  • 0wqP

I received 4 phone calls today, but couldn't unlock my screen. We have been ringing it for over an hr but can't seem to unlock the ringing screen. It has a lock on the bottom of the screen. Any ideas great fully accepted.

• 2015-04-23 10:54
  • uBR4

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-03-21 15:02 from NmT@ - click to readgo to data switch

• 2015-04-20 15:17
  • ft8x

For all of you struggling with the ROM the phone came with (4.1.1), I came across this thread on XDA .. it results in a forced update of the later ROM that took into account the Heartbleed bug.

Very easy: Download the latest original factory rom : http://consumer.huawei.com/en/.../y300-en.htm
Y300-0100 United Kingdom Channel 5 June 2014 569.39 MB

"Make on the SD card new directory - dload - copy the rom & rename update.app
Turn off the phone, remove the battery 1-2 min, put back, then press the Vol UP + Vol Down + Power on and start the force update."

Note : that instruction isn't entirely clear ; you must name a new file called 'dload'on preferably re-formatted SD-Card (that's what I did), but ONLY the main file must go into that folder ; the 570MB d/load includes a PDF with instructions from Huawei, so follow those ; as long as you have a phone that you can link up to PC and see the drive/s on the phone, you can name that file & put ROM into there.

I went through the process a week ago (and it feels like a new phone again), and this ROM is better (less lag) than the original. The only thing I lost - but don't think is as a result of this ROM - was my 3G signal / availability - but I think it was due to having loaded a custom Lollipop ROM which wasn't 100%, and must've corrupted the radio or related file/s.

Good luck, but it should work if you try - better than struggling with existing ROM.

• 2015-04-15 13:28
  • rvMP

guys my Huawei is malfunction I have tried to reset it manyways but I cant format or delete any app I have installed because if try to delete them the apps will automatically be there. what should I do please?

• 2015-04-14 23:50
  • p$IP

my y300 is in safe mode! i dont know how to removed it.. please help me guys! i cant download any app in playstore. :(
-----SAFE MODE-----

• 2015-04-12 07:42
  • 7X1J

any body knows the IC no of huawei .my mobile is not working so i have to change its IC.

• 2015-04-12 05:39
  • ITJx

to prevent airtime lost, just switch off mobiledata after browsing.thanks.

• 2015-04-06 13:26
  • fm@Z

This is a great stylish phone i love the features. Love it great perfomance entertainment wise

• 2015-04-02 17:39
  • rvq}

my y300 had current shortage some are saying POWER ICEI gone so you cant do anything BUt some are saying that can repair it. what i can do because it is newly one i got it recently.

• 2015-04-01 09:57
  • w984

> In reply to jamesnoel @ 2015-03-31 06:34 from wu4W - click to readFormat your sd card through android(from storage menu -erase) restart phone and copy again your pics and music in the folders created by the os.

• 2015-03-31 22:27
  • n2x4

> In reply to Sdavids @ 2015-03-31 08:04 from fXNb - click to readBuy another one to speed up things :-))
Seriously, you can make your phone to perform better if you control the programs that take up your ram and stay resident...manual or through a program.

• 2015-03-31 22:17

• 2015-03-31 22:16
  • n2x4

My touchscreen just stopped working though i did not drop it.Please advise

• 2015-03-31 15:13
  • rvGp

Good Day people
does anyone know how i can speed up the device ...

• 2015-03-31 08:04
  • fXNb

My huawei y300 cannot disply my music on play music and also my photos cant disply also in galery.help me to s0lve this.

• 2015-03-31 06:34
  • wu4W

how can i save pics. to memory card

• 2015-03-29 16:11
  • BwZU

> In reply to suleman @ 2015-03-21 21:03 from PRPM - click to readI have the same problem

• 2015-03-28 20:14
  • w4ek

> In reply to kanon @ 2015-03-23 08:50 from t7Uj - click to readThat 2GB SD-card sounds suspect, and you should try moving what's on it to a new one, then see if that can be read - I have a Sandisk 8GB card in mine, and so far gallery shows pics I put on it, and my mp3's & mp4's even, are read fine each time.

You should try putting "MX Player" onto your phone instead of the one it came with, and can combine it with "Audipo" which is merely for speeding up mp3 podcasts.

Also, check in your Settings - Storage, whether you have "Use external SD as primary" ticked/checked - if it is/isn't, and you're on Kitkat, might be why data/pics on SD-card not being picked-up.
I've had apps close on home page when that's ticked, and they're saved to the phone - very finicky, so play around with that setting, and see if makes a diff. (before purchase new SD-card).

• 2015-03-27 07:01
  • Nhdx

Hi! Okay so, I've had my Huawei y300 for about... 2 months now. It's a second hand, and so far it's been fantastic. Although, I am sort of panicking at the moment because I sent like... 14 songs just now, then all of a sudden the internal storage just bazookas up. From a 500+mb available for apps to a 150mb. Also, the gallery won't read any of the pictures stored in my 2gb SD card and the normal app for music player won't read any of its music. Both apps can't open either. It's just a black space. Also, whenever I open my camera, it won't work either, because I think it's connected to its gallery so... And, if open the gallery/music/camera, it ends up hanging on me.

I've tried clearing my cache and data on a few apps but so far, all I got was a 210mb available (for apps). Nothing else. The themes won't open either.
I'm really panicking now. This happened only now, and I don't know what to do.

I've restarted my phone several times but the problem still occurs.

I never tried updating the system or anything. No back-ups, I've downloaded several apps, but in the end deleted them.

Please help me. D:

• 2015-03-23 08:50
  • t7Uj
Total of 2552 user reviews and opinions for Huawei Ascend Y300.