Huawei Ascend Y300 - user opinions and reviews

Huawei

7.8
7.9
7.7

> In reply to suleman @ 2015-03-21 21:03 from PRPM - click to readI have the same problem

• 2015-03-28 20:14
  • w4ek

> In reply to kanon @ 2015-03-23 08:50 from t7Uj - click to readThat 2GB SD-card sounds suspect, and you should try moving what's on it to a new one, then see if that can be read - I have a Sandisk 8GB card in mine, and so far gallery shows pics I put on it, and my mp3's & mp4's even, are read fine each time.

You should try putting "MX Player" onto your phone instead of the one it came with, and can combine it with "Audipo" which is merely for speeding up mp3 podcasts.

Also, check in your Settings - Storage, whether you have "Use external SD as primary" ticked/checked - if it is/isn't, and you're on Kitkat, might be why data/pics on SD-card not being picked-up.
I've had apps close on home page when that's ticked, and they're saved to the phone - very finicky, so play around with that setting, and see if makes a diff. (before purchase new SD-card).

• 2015-03-27 07:01
  • Nhdx

Hi! Okay so, I've had my Huawei y300 for about... 2 months now. It's a second hand, and so far it's been fantastic. Although, I am sort of panicking at the moment because I sent like... 14 songs just now, then all of a sudden the internal storage just bazookas up. From a 500+mb available for apps to a 150mb. Also, the gallery won't read any of the pictures stored in my 2gb SD card and the normal app for music player won't read any of its music. Both apps can't open either. It's just a black space. Also, whenever I open my camera, it won't work either, because I think it's connected to its gallery so... And, if open the gallery/music/camera, it ends up hanging on me.

I've tried clearing my cache and data on a few apps but so far, all I got was a 210mb available (for apps). Nothing else. The themes won't open either.
I'm really panicking now. This happened only now, and I don't know what to do.

I've restarted my phone several times but the problem still occurs.

I never tried updating the system or anything. No back-ups, I've downloaded several apps, but in the end deleted them.

Please help me. D:

• 2015-03-23 08:50
  • t7Uj

touch screen has cracked any dealer addresss to find onefor model y-300

• 2015-03-21 21:03
  • PRPM

my phone have a promble if my airtime i left it by tommoro i do not get it help me

• 2015-03-21 15:02
  • NmT@

> In reply to farfix @ 2015-02-24 13:02 from PY{0 - click to readi want to, unlock mine.
can you help me with it?

• 2015-03-20 08:43
  • mcuY

hi my mobile have unfortunately stopped all application how to fix the problem help me pls

• 2015-03-20 01:50
  • 0B$A

i have problem with my y-300 after 2 to 3 calls no more call meet . then i off the cell or turn to aeroplan mode ON and then Off . then able to call. any body having solution

• 2015-03-18 20:27
  • sSx{

I know everything about this phone,everything is good,but is not scratch resistence.

• 2015-03-17 19:46
  • Nrym

> In reply to jagan @ 2015-03-10 17:40 from u{JP - click to readDo a Google search for "Modaco (website) Prohunter (he/she/it posted the instructions to unlock bootloader, root the phone etc.) - it works, but at the point you need to put in the (bootloader?) code, you'll need the correct drivers on your PC to get past that point.

I can't remember which Huawei drivers I downloaded, but a Google search brought Up a file to unzip & run, and it worked after that.

Then, when you've rooted successfully, search "Modaco Y300 Custom ROMs" and there's a list to work from - the best ROM I've found is CyanogenMod 11 (KitKat 4.4.x) by Dazzozo.

Make sure that within the rooting process, you backup the ROM your phone came with - it's gotten me out of trouble a few times, but generally, I learned a lot from rooting/putting on ROMs, it's fun, and smoother than the stock ROM.

Just use common sense when/if unsure about some steps, but it's not all that daunting ...

• 2015-03-12 12:01
  • rvQ{

> In reply to big sheila @ 2015-01-25 14:26 from nxt2 - click to readI have this phone sine august 2013 and im loving it. Though there are few cons which on my opinion are forgivable, overall this is a great android phone. For the price and amongs its batch.

• 2015-03-11 04:11
  • v0qJ

> In reply to jimmy @ 2015-02-01 13:47 from NXNw - click to readDo u know how to upgrade this phone

• 2015-03-10 17:40
  • u{JP

Everything on this phone crushes.. It's so laggy even when I'm typing

• 2015-03-10 16:35
  • 3Pd3

my set have main ic problem

• 2015-03-10 06:37
  • KIX2

Please somebody help me, I have made a fatal mistake, I just root and install several rom without backup-ing the original system. Now I just want to return to be stock original rom from huawei. I have been browsing n googling along the times but I cant find any solutions at all. im really stressful and frustrated. anybody, would like to show ; to explain : to give me the way. id appreciate, pleassssee..! :(

• 2015-03-10 06:07
  • w7hQ

All of a sudden i lost all my contacts except 2 out of 100ish.What is going on?They are gone just like that.No more.Im using this phone since mid 2013 and i had no problems with this phone.Any help would be appreciated :

• 2015-03-07 13:36
  • Yeu}

This was supposedly a upgrade for the Telstra ZTE that the screen faded on. This has to be the worst phone I have ever had, even going back to the over shoulder Brick that was my first. Every time they say to " press 1" it disconnects.
I have been ready to smash it on many occasions.

• 2015-03-03 05:30
  • yXhd

> In reply to ubaid @ 2015-02-28 12:41 from JFy7 - click to readyes vga cam

• 2015-03-02 11:26
  • rAfw

is this phone have a secondary camera??

• 2015-02-28 12:41
  • JFy7

Being honest here, I regret buying this so much. It's not scratch resistant like ye say, it scratches rediculiously easy and the front camera is atrocious! This has been happening since this phone was bought new, when typing the keyboard shuts off for 5 minutes comes back on for two seconds then goes again. At one stage I had to restart it 10 times within that one hour. Never again do I buy a phone from this make.

• 2015-02-26 21:48
  • 3pJu
Total of 2536 user reviews and opinions for Huawei Ascend Y300.