Huawei Ascend Y300 - user opinions and reviews

3196112

7.9
8.0
7.8

i Really like this phone Since i have it i am always enjoying it

• 2014-05-21 15:29
  • SbNa

am so happy with this phone evrything is smooth and application and web opens so fast

• 2014-05-21 10:18
  • E$54

Do portable controllers such as Gametel work with this phone?

• 2014-05-20 16:14
  • pJLs

This phone is great! Long lasting battery and pretty fast overall. The camera suprised me too. I did not like the stockrom 4.1.1 and installed cynogenmod 10. And wow what a boost! its so fast now and battery even last longer now. The cm 10 has no bugs what i can see right now so its a must have custom rom! ;). I think the cm 11+ are to slow for this phone. Becuse it has low ram 393 mb what i can see and it should have 512?. I dont even think an upgrade from HUAWEI them self will help improve speed. So i will stay with cm 10.

• 2014-05-20 15:27
  • m}QF

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-05-20 04:23 from iwpx - click to readEDIT-----
Just got an email from Huawei. They say they are currently working on a fix for the heartbleed bug and will be sending a software update over the air.

• 2014-05-20 04:39
  • iwpx

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-05-19 12:35 from Np}w - click to readDon't buy the y300. Google say 4.1.x Jelly Bean is using an infected version of OpenSSL. So the y300 is vulnerable to reverse heardbleed attacks they say. (I'm no tech savvy but i think buying a phone running a safe version of Android is better than taking a risk).
And the battery doesn't last long enough too, specially on 3G.

• 2014-05-20 04:23
  • iwpx

i bought my y300 just 2weeks ago and i love all its functions cos it has all the functions i want in a smart phone and at a good price too.i just discovered today that the volume has seized.its working fine via the earphones but its not working via the speakers.what do i do?

• 2014-05-19 16:42
  • fuVQ

my phone battery dont last a day and i have 23 days using this phone nxa

• 2014-05-19 13:05
  • Nhtw

> In reply to Rax Zaman @ 2014-05-18 00:23 from 3xCB - click to readI gonna buy this fone nex week can you tell me please is a good fone

• 2014-05-19 12:35
  • Np}w

> In reply to chantelle @ 2014-05-18 01:03 from sm{% - click to readWhat types of messages?
Normal SMS's or through an app like Whatsapp, or tweets?

It might simply be the network you're using, the app itself, the backbone the app is using (eg. Twitter sometimes falters as millions are using it at the same time).

I no longer have the software running that the phone came out on, but recall an option to clear the cache within Settings, then Apps section. Scroll across to "Running" or "All" and there should be a heading at the top to clear things ... might help.

Also, download the app I suggested in previous post, and use it as it should clear your SMS cache, if that was the problem to begin with.

Note: if you download that app, go into Settings and use judgement to turn off most of the items, like certain notifications & to send them stats, and (switch off) that floating widget nonsense etc.

• 2014-05-18 19:38
  • Nwmy

> In reply to Rax Zaman @ 2014-05-18 00:23 from 3xCB - click to readThe phone's memory is low to begin with.

You don't state if you have an SD Card, which I presume you do. If so, try moving as many apps to the card as it should help free-up the Internal storage, and the phone should run more smoothly.

Then, download the "Clean Master - Free Optimizer" from Google Play & regularly use it to clear Junk Files & as a Memory Boost.

• 2014-05-18 19:27
  • Nwmy

My huawei phone is very slow on sending messages for the last few days ive tried everything with it i have turned it off and restarted it and all and its stil very slow does anyone know why its like that or would anyone be able to help me

• 2014-05-18 01:03
  • sm{%

Well I got this like 6 month ago and the flipin internal memory is pissing me off!! It keeps getting low can someone tell me how to modify this

• 2014-05-18 00:23
  • 3xCB

I use this phone for about a week now and its very good. Compared to my sister Galaxy Note 3, this phone is quite awesome for its prize. Never lags, easy to use and long live battery. 9/10 from me ;)

• 2014-05-17 15:04
  • PTGn

I wasn't happy about using this phone on the Stock ROM Android 4.1.1, as it's apparently susceptible to Heartbleed. I'd therefore not used it in weeks (approx a month).

Last night I spent about 5 hours rooting it & getting TWRP onto the phone, as well as trying to load a Custom ROM - Cyanogen. NIGHTLY build 4.3.1 (the last ROM of that version on/via the Modaco website). It was a struggle most of the way, as I spent about the first two hours troubleshooting a Bootloader Code error.

A short while ago I managed to get this 4.3.1 version onto the phone. It's a pleasure going into Storage & seeing 1.08GB free of Internal with only 43MB used.

I wish I could detail the steps clearly for you who want to root (and have little confidence to try like I had), but I had so many deviations in the process I wouldn't be able to get them down clearly.

Essentially, you need to start by searching in a browser for "y300 unlock bootloader" and the first link-heading that starts with [App] is where to proceed from. Ensure you watch the You Tube clip while carrying out the first process to root (note that you may need to update a Huawei driver - unzip & run it - which is what stalled me in the beginning).

If you try & come unstuck, post here & I'll check back periodically to try help out.

Feels liberating to be able to put whatever ROM you want to on the phone, finally, so go for it, but with caution.

• 2014-05-16 11:27

Hi,

This phone has really good performance and also good value to your money w/o sacrificing quality and durability. Sad to say I only had it for 5mos before it got stolen from me and I can't find the same model here in Philippines anymore Huawei Y300 White IMEI 868438013120897 MAC 2469A517BA77. I already bought another phone Huawei W1 and Y320. Huawei products are great! But I still hope I can find another Y300 White.

• 2014-05-15 14:51
  • Ia7v

> In reply to barbie @ 2014-05-15 08:01 from K6XN - click to readSo what specie it is?

• 2014-05-15 13:22
  • 2At6

There was no instruction book with my new phone, only a species sheet - why?

• 2014-05-15 08:01
  • K6XN

Having, read the full specifications, and customer reviews, I am not happy with the battery life, I bought the phone and brought it back the next day, because it was not holding the change, also got very hot, the company replaced the phone and it is the same, can anyone one help me with this problem.

• 2014-05-14 15:37
  • 4nH1

i.ve downloaded external font but it dosen.t work plz someone tells me that can it supports????

• 2014-05-13 17:14
  • uWGW
Total of 2269 user reviews and opinions for Huawei Ascend Y300.