Huawei Ascend Y511 - user opinions and reviews

Huawei

7.8
7.5
7.5

I brought Huawei Ascend Y511 and suffers two issues badly. It have very poor GPRS system and take long time to fix up the location. Another one is it's shutdown automatically without giving any warning.
Expert advice needed. Thanks in advance.

• 2015-01-15 03:16
  • 7Xc8

My huaweiascend y511 phone battrey chage but phone will shout down in 2minits

• 2015-01-14 00:59
  • IWSf

> In reply to shork @ 2014-01-23 19:10 from srgn - click to readhow to increase camera brighness y511 its very low

• 2015-01-12 15:19
  • 6QIi

> In reply to the tazman @ 2014-12-24 01:55 from vaha - click to readhey, the phone came with 4gb memory, 1.27GB to phone storage and the rest to system, you used all space on the phone with games, so what you expect!! if you want to install more games you have to root your phone and then make a 2nd partition on your "32GB" memory card, use partition magic in windows and make it EXT4 file system,
then install link2sd on your android then read the EXT4 partition, then download flodermount and mount games or programs data folders to "32GB"memory card.

• 2015-01-09 02:26
  • fk0x

It is really good phone. I am using this phone for past a year. I am looking for 4.4 update. if anyone knows, pls inform.

• 2015-01-08 19:11
  • nCh1

> In reply to sahand @ 2014-12-29 13:40 from pT7L - click to readWhat is imui

• 2015-01-08 18:12
  • uQ{2

> In reply to vicky @ 2014-12-31 11:03 from nCb2 - click to readif u are looking for a midrange phone without lags and a HD screen just go for the Y511 !

• 2015-01-03 16:46
  • fvgR

> In reply to Antiye @ 2015-01-02 11:51 from S0u6 - click to readits normal because the rest is reserved for the system (where android 4.2 is installed)thats why only 1.27GB free

• 2015-01-03 16:44
  • fvgR

My phone was the same as the above phone(Huawei Y511).In the above description, it says the internal memory was 4GB but my phone says it was 1.27GB. How did this happen???

• 2015-01-02 11:51
  • S0u6

Can anyone give me fair advise can we buy this phone

• 2014-12-31 11:03
  • nCb2

> In reply to MIA @ 2014-12-17 04:29 from PG00 - click to readFor automatic switchg off it's all abt settings, i used to experience same problem with my y600-20 too until I discovered that it had times already set by default that it switch off automatically. ...all I had to do is to edit the settings and let my handset be on always. You can even redefine the option and come up with your prefered new automatic switching on and off times. Therefore go ur phone settings check out that provision and amend times accordingly

• 2014-12-30 01:01
  • fm@@

Ive bought it 4 months ago... Its very slow and realy dissapointing but after installing MIUI rom it rocks.... Its got a huge improvment and Im completely satisfied.

• 2014-12-29 13:40
  • pT7L

How can i make a reject call list

• 2014-12-26 13:56
  • 9Kr9

OK ! I bought a 32 GB memory card for the phone !! I've put up apps etc now I can't put up anymore apps I can't even update my apps its says insufficient storage space WHY ? I've put a memory card in it and this happens !! My provider said to take back to shop etc that s bullshit this phone is 3 weeks old and that's alias of crap !!! Insuficiant storage space how can this be wen I v got 32 gb memory card !!! This is not the first phone to do this to me so this time I but a memory card 32 GB and it tells me that !! Insuficiant storage space !!! Every phone I bought I get this problem !! There's only one solution don't buy these crap phones u have to pay for the latest smart phones apple or samsung the latest phones Samsung 4 series and the apple iPhone u will never face these problems but with this huawei I won't even bother looking at the latest huawei cause I know I will get this problem !! Insufociant storage space wat crap I can't fix this problem ! The last five cheap phones I bought gave me the same problem and this one too !! I have to buy the latest phone so I don't get these probls and I'll say this about this phone the audio is so low and quite u can't hardly hear anything specially with headphones my advise to all u people out there these smart phones from huawei ate waste of your money and a waste of SPACE buy the latest phones yes the IP 6 or the latest Samsung I'll bet u ul find no problems this huawei I rate 1/ 10 absolute CRAP !!!

• 2014-12-24 01:55
  • vaha

don't you ever never clear ur ram using apps like clean master and task killer... because killing some system apps aggressively will damage your phone and make your device slower and slower over time, just make your device work normal, those system apps are very important and they should be active all the time... if you don't trust me on this just google it !

• 2014-12-20 20:39
  • fvga

> In reply to sanaz @ 2014-08-27 12:01 from j019 - click to readgo to setting menu then select display after that, look for sleep and adjust which you want to auto close your phone

• 2014-12-19 03:52
  • Lbnt

> In reply to rana aftab @ 2014-12-16 09:12 from 63B% - click to readkeep clearing ram n stop backgroung app n also if u uses data use it on sim 1 slot,,,,,
trust me it works

• 2014-12-18 12:48
  • w43M

Expert advice needed. Thanks in advance.

• 2014-12-17 04:29
  • PG00

unistall facebook and messanger and use m.facebook.com using android browser because facebook app and fb messanger app consume 20% of your RAM !

• 2014-12-16 22:34
  • Nj1V

Huawei y511 is running slowly
So
How i can speed up

• 2014-12-16 09:12
  • 63B%
Total of 662 user reviews and opinions for Huawei Ascend Y511.