Huawei Ascend Y511 - user opinions and reviews

Huawei

8.1
7.7
7.8

> In reply to m-cee-l @ 2014-07-15 17:50 from Fq{s - click to readplz is the battery good for a long day use or not

• 2014-07-16 03:35
  • NjdL

hi plz i m going to by this phone and i m afraid .1 which is better nokia x ot huawei y511 and why ????? 2 is in huawei any problem or lag ????

• 2014-07-16 01:35
  • NjdL

I heard this phone doesnt have flash light? is it true? cos I saw it and loved the look but kinda discourage about it not having a flash light.#not pics at night# Is this true?

• 2014-07-15 17:50
  • Fq{s

I wanna buy this phone but I hear a lot of people complaining about the camera,m not sure if I should go for it or not coz I love taking pictures,any advice pls??

• 2014-07-14 08:50
  • 3sEj

> In reply to user @ 2014-07-09 04:53 from v0In - click to readThank you...

• 2014-07-12 06:03
  • tue1

cant install nba 2k14 can anyone help me

• 2014-07-10 05:15
  • wHrS

> In reply to st.user @ 2014-07-09 05:06 from v0In - click to readcorrection: *** pretty good.

• 2014-07-09 05:06
  • v0In

Rating : Pretty goo for a cheap smart phone.

Camera:
Bad rear camera quality in low light. Front camera rarely used since it is low rez and I don't selfies or video chat. If I do take a selfie, I prefer to do it with the rear camera in daylight or under bright light. No option for turning off / changing camera sounds, maybe unless you install a separate app.

Apps / performance:
Most of the apps are google based so i don't mind them being bloatware. I used Go launcher and it lags a bit, but it's just fine for me.

It loads apps reasonably well, I'm able to play my snes emulator well - including "special roms" like Super Mario RPG. I like casual, small sized games, not heavy 3d or internet based games, but this is capable of things like that.

Speakers are reasonably ok, performance with headphones is good - standard.

Built in Huawei keyboard is ok too, of course you have apps from google Play store

I was comparing this to the Nokia X. This may be a bit better hardware-wise. I have no idea performance wise. nokia-X seems to have limited Android options when this is all android, so I picked this one.

For a cheap phone under Php 5000, I'm very happy with it.

• 2014-07-09 05:06

older post:
how to capture screen / screenshot. power + volume down button. tricky. works on and off ...or i just don't get the technique.

Update

Works:
hold power + volume down for 1 second, then release.

doesn't work:
· tapping keys together for less than a second
· Holding it down longer than a second doesn't work.

• 2014-07-09 04:53

• 2014-07-09 04:49
  • v0In

> In reply to Alert Austria @ 2014-06-24 08:30 from K7g0 - click to readthe phone the pretty good.I'm a fan of the brand and would like to get myself one,but the camera is a deal breaker for me!!! I need to take selfies in the dark so flash would come in handy.!lol

• 2014-07-07 19:12
  • N7$L

> In reply to butt @ 2014-05-12 23:00 from nXFh - click to readProbably it is issue of memory card. I also have same problem. By changing memory card , it is fine now

• 2014-07-07 11:30
  • 5EjP

Good working startly feel bad when using camera but after i see many option which can used on image otherwise good working

• 2014-07-06 11:09
  • tt82

I've been using this phone almost 1 month and half, and my problem is the camera, 3 days ago whenever i capture some picture it always appear in the screen "can't connect to the camera" what should i do with regards to this problem?

• 2014-07-06 08:37
  • t7Xi

No flash,low megapixels of camera,the y510 Is definately better

• 2014-07-05 05:55
  • fXve

> In reply to Yang @ 2014-04-16 12:10 from Ui}W - click to readSorry for late reply but i played GTA 3 SMOOTHLY

• 2014-07-04 14:01
  • uRIN

Allz Good but front & back camera speciall on video calling is worst, dark video, no light.

• 2014-07-01 14:51
  • ShvU

i make downlode video that video save in phone how i save that video in sd card

• 2014-06-30 07:41
  • nTRG

my huawei y511 repeatly apop up appear as unfortunately google play service has stopped so this caused my phon hanged, thanks MRuby.

• 2014-06-29 23:42
  • au@u

I'm loving it.
but low MP camera is minus point.

• 2014-06-29 07:24
  • 7tKe
Total of 445 user reviews and opinions for Huawei Ascend Y511.