Huawei Ascend Y511 - user opinions and reviews

7.8

cant install nba 2k14 can anyone help me

• 2014-07-10 05:15
  • wHrS

> In reply to st.user @ 2014-07-09 05:06 from v0In - click to readcorrection: *** pretty good.

• 2014-07-09 05:06
  • v0In

Rating : Pretty goo for a cheap smart phone.

Camera:
Bad rear camera quality in low light. Front camera rarely used since it is low rez and I don't selfies or video chat. If I do take a selfie, I prefer to do it with the rear camera in daylight or under bright light. No option for turning off / changing camera sounds, maybe unless you install a separate app.

Apps / performance:
Most of the apps are google based so i don't mind them being bloatware. I used Go launcher and it lags a bit, but it's just fine for me.

It loads apps reasonably well, I'm able to play my snes emulator well - including "special roms" like Super Mario RPG. I like casual, small sized games, not heavy 3d or internet based games, but this is capable of things like that.

Speakers are reasonably ok, performance with headphones is good - standard.

Built in Huawei keyboard is ok too, of course you have apps from google Play store

I was comparing this to the Nokia X. This may be a bit better hardware-wise. I have no idea performance wise. nokia-X seems to have limited Android options when this is all android, so I picked this one.

For a cheap phone under Php 5000, I'm very happy with it.

• 2014-07-09 05:06

older post:
how to capture screen / screenshot. power + volume down button. tricky. works on and off ...or i just don't get the technique.

Update

Works:
hold power + volume down for 1 second, then release.

doesn't work:
· tapping keys together for less than a second
· Holding it down longer than a second doesn't work.

• 2014-07-09 04:53

• 2014-07-09 04:49
  • v0In

> In reply to Alert Austria @ 2014-06-24 08:30 from K7g0 - click to readthe phone the pretty good.I'm a fan of the brand and would like to get myself one,but the camera is a deal breaker for me!!! I need to take selfies in the dark so flash would come in handy.!lol

• 2014-07-07 19:12
  • N7$L

> In reply to butt @ 2014-05-12 23:00 from nXFh - click to readProbably it is issue of memory card. I also have same problem. By changing memory card , it is fine now

• 2014-07-07 11:30
  • 5EjP

Good working startly feel bad when using camera but after i see many option which can used on image otherwise good working

• 2014-07-06 11:09
  • tt82

I've been using this phone almost 1 month and half, and my problem is the camera, 3 days ago whenever i capture some picture it always appear in the screen "can't connect to the camera" what should i do with regards to this problem?

• 2014-07-06 08:37
  • t7Xi

No flash,low megapixels of camera,the y510 Is definately better

• 2014-07-05 05:55
  • fXve

> In reply to Yang @ 2014-04-16 12:10 from Ui}W - click to readSorry for late reply but i played GTA 3 SMOOTHLY

• 2014-07-04 14:01
  • uRIN

Allz Good but front & back camera speciall on video calling is worst, dark video, no light.

• 2014-07-01 14:51
  • ShvU

i make downlode video that video save in phone how i save that video in sd card

• 2014-06-30 07:41
  • nTRG

my huawei y511 repeatly apop up appear as unfortunately google play service has stopped so this caused my phon hanged, thanks MRuby.

• 2014-06-29 23:42
  • au@u

I'm loving it.
but low MP camera is minus point.

• 2014-06-29 07:24
  • 7tKe

Does this phone have scratch-resistant glass?

• 2014-06-27 17:28
  • r0Yf

i bought Huawei Ascend Y511 2 days ago, screen color & details excellent , good design & good performance ,low price good quality, i love it

• 2014-06-26 19:56
  • PFxh

> In reply to zaid @ 2014-05-17 17:12 from nTRF - click to readmy huawei ascend is shutting down automatically ater every 5 ot 15 mints kindly tell me the soultion ..

• 2014-06-26 19:42
  • y@@4

my phone is shutdown it self without any reason and some time while i m taking or even its ideal so what i can do to solve the issue ?

• 2014-06-26 16:18
  • iA0U

how to use 3g on it

• 2014-06-25 08:22
  • KIGv
Total of 440 user reviews and opinions for Huawei Ascend Y511.