can any one help me. After installing 128GB external memory in my p10 plus (VKY-L29). now it takes more than 2 seconds to recognize my fingerprint and unlock it..
I am trying to connect external flash drive to my P10 Plus. I have purchased OTG Type-C connector by Remax. I tested it on my friends's LG G5 and it works well. However, my P10 Plus doesn't recognize it. I have enabled USB debugging in the developer option with no luck. I am using 1 Sim + 1 SD. Any idea?
TobyP, 16 Aug 2017How many amps does the fast charger of samsung have? I have a samsung "fast" charger of the No... moreThanks for reply. With Samsung charger(2amp) I charge the p10Plus from 30 to 90 in 1 hour. and from 30 to 100 in about 1h30m. Looks like its in normal charging time according to your experience.
Huawei P10 Plus User, 13 Aug 2017Anybody suffering through camera focus/blur issues and fingerprint lag after optimization upda... moreI have the blur problem. I took a picture of my wife and 2 kids and 1 kid got blurred even though it did the face detection on all three. I think it's a feature and I want it off.
Ron, 14 Aug 2017How many hours take in charge with a standard charger like of the Samsung or even the fast cha... moreHow many amps does the fast charger of samsung have? I have a samsung "fast" charger of the Note 4. It charges the Note 4 in 2 hours from 10% tot 100% and it charges my P10+ in 2,30 hours from 10 tot 100% or 2 hours from 30% to 90%. But the fast charger I got with my p10 plus has 4.5 amps @5v or 5 amps at 4.5v. This charges my P10+ from 10% to 100% in 1.30 hours and from 30 tot 90 in about 1 hour
Skalp, 13 Aug 2017I read some other opinions here and found myself alike many others - I went from Samsung Galax... moreThanks much for this review. I have also immigrated 2.5 years from Sam to Sony, looking for a change. I wanted also to get away from Sam. However for the Sony I have found that the camera in the Xperia is mediocre and inferior compare to most of the other phones leaders. (Beside to bad camera, Sony has an excellent, robust and stable software).
So with your and other similar reviews on the P10+ and NO Xperia, I left with HTC H11 and Sam 8 or 8+. My big resistance on the Sams is the "edge". I hate the screen curvatures... For all other features, Sam has never disappointed.
I did not find major complains on the H11 beside a medium to low performance of its battery life. The camera of the H10 is very good, so I assume that also the camera for the H11 is good (good = close to the Sam performance)
Which 1 better to choose?Hua Wei P10plus or Oppo R9s
Got any problem
zain, 04 Aug 2017Plz suggest me .which cell i bought p10 plus vs htc u11 .whos the best..and why..?use HTC u 11 if you want best performance and best camera and best audio and water resistant SD 835 stunning design active nice cancellation earphone specialy edge sence
How many hours take in charge with a standard charger like of the Samsung or even the fast charger of Samsung. It's take for me 2h 30m . Is that normal?
Mhd, 13 Aug 2017I had a fingerprint lag before the update, but now it's working smoothlyAny focus issues? Camera is unusable after update on my unit. Should have bought Samsung or iPhone for the money I was spending. Phone is now bottom tier.
I read some other opinions here and found myself alike many others - I went from Samsung Galaxy S6 edge to Huawei P10 Plus (6GB RAM, 128GB memory VKY-L29 version) just for the sake of change. Have had Samsungs for long time and thought, Ill try something else (wife has Xperias, so Im pretty familiar with those).
First thing I noticed is that the screen isnt as good (IPS vs S6's AMOLED), but that didnt bother me. Also at first I kind of missed wireless charging, but not anymore.
- The battery is much better
- This is the first phone, that can really compete with Samsung's camera (IMHO)
- I really like the speed of fingerprint sensor - its almost instantaneous, several times faster than S6.
- Knuckle screen capture is an amazing function!
- The Dual-SIM system is great, having a call on one sim, puts the 2nd sim on hold and redirects any call that comes to 2nd sim, on first sim.
- Wifi-4G switch is really smooth with no cap in connection.
- And I like the VoLTE funciton, altho its not very common yet (I only have 1 other contact, who uses VoLTE, but I call him pretty often :D
But in general - I regret on going from Samsung to Huawei. There are several drawbacks:
- No personal notification tones for contacts
- Several apps dont work correctly (for example, with specific app use, one widget of another app always dissapeares from home screen)
- Ringtone is sometimes crazy loud and sometimes super quiet - never in between and it doesnt matter, how I set it from phone
- Battery lasts long, but acts strange sometimes - some mornings when I take it from overnight charging, it shows 99% right away, other times it takes 10-15min intensive usage (SO time) to go anywhere lower from 100%
- Doesnt matter if from the app or security settings, some apps just dont show anything on lock-screen.
- Some notifications dont come through, for example a game notifies when daily quest is available, but doesnt notify, when someone challenges you. The same game runs well when only my character is on screen, but gets serious lag when 2nd player is shown on the screen (both things worked well on other phones).
- There is no way of turning off built-in app, that counts your steps - only way is to uninstall it.
- MirrorShare has serious lagg. I mean, when I share my phone screen on my Philips TV, it never runs smoothly for 30 seconds in a row. If fortunate, then I get a few frames of delay and distortion, but usually video freezes for couple of seconds, then either jumps on the right frame, or starts all distorted to run faster until it reaches the right point. Audio, at the same time, runs smoothly.
If I can live with all the other drawbacks, the MirrorShare lag is the most annoying one - does anyone have any experience with it and maybe even a solution or fix?
As a conclusion, my personal opinion - I dont suggest Huawei P10 Plus...
Huawei P10 Plus User, 13 Aug 2017Anybody suffering through camera focus/blur issues and fingerprint lag after optimization upda... moreI had a fingerprint lag before the update, but now it's working smoothly
Anybody suffering through camera focus/blur issues and fingerprint lag after optimization update? (B150). Billed as a phone optimization and camera improvement (Moving Picture Feature Addition to Camera App). Phone less than a month old. Tried factory reset as suggested by Huawei customer service but I was told the Moving Picture feature/App could not be removed.
Eastwolf79, 10 Aug 2017I am currently using Note 4 and it's still pretty fast to be honest, but the outside, the came... moreI dont really recommend p10 plus unless you want bigger screen with QHD and 6GB of RAM. Camera wise p10 and plus are almost identical unless you pixel peek in night shot. Day to day performance is fluid and smooth. but mali G71 GPU is not that powerful. I noticed frame drops when playing mobile legends and sometimes lag and stutter. Battery life is above average and okay for me. ohh and no heat issue though.
and dont expect to get monthly security patch in time, mine still stuck at June security patch. huawei is slow to roll out updates and patches.
If I were you, I would wait for mate 10 with HiSilicon kirn 970 10nm. note 8 is coming out as well. not a good time to buy a new phone. you would be stuck with yesteryear 16nm not so energy efficient CPU and GPU
dampv, 08 Aug 2017I too used to have such logic the lower the F, the better the quality and low light photograph... moreI am currently using Note 4 and it's still pretty fast to be honest, but the outside, the camera and screen have taken a beating over the years so it's time upgrade..... Would you recommend P10 plus or not? Otherwise I'm thinking Mate 9. Sick of Samsung [they're not bad, I just want a change]
Its very obvious that you don"t know about cameras. Huawei P10 Plus is one of the best all rounder in the market this time. Read at DxOMark forum and reviews... they are the most trusted entity you can rely on. This link can help you wake up... https://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles/Huawei-P10-mobile-review-Top-performer
Naftali, 07 Aug 2017Unfortunately, all Sony models camera are much inferior than all HTCs or HUAWEIs or SAMs. Jus... moreYes, HTC and SAMSUNG is better than Sony for the camera. But, HUAWEI is not. I tried out using my dad's smartphone which is HUAWEI P10 PLUS, and I have something to say about it: it does much worse than my XPERIA XZ. Dual cameras? Heck yeah. But, the ISO level is crazy af. Even in daylight shots, it crank up the ISO to a high level and suddenly jumps down if moved. I try out taking a selfie of myself under the light and yet it crank up the ISO higher than my mum's GALAXY S6 and my XPERIA XZ. In low-light shots? The worse thing I ever seen for a smartphone with dual camera setup. It cranked up the ISO to the max for no reason and the noise levels are really just unbearable. I wonder how they control their camera setup because the sensitivity level is too high, and somehow the focus speed is slower than GALAXY S6 and XPERIA XZ. What's more weird is they disabled the zoom functionality for 20MP and enabled it for 12MP and below, when other smartphone manufacturers don't do that. They really need to improve their dual camera setup to be on par with HTC, SAMSUNG, Sony etc ESPECIALLY their ISO sensitivity
Naftali, 07 Aug 2017Unfortunately, all Sony models camera are much inferior than all HTCs or HUAWEIs or SAMs. Jus... moreI too used to have such logic the lower the F, the better the quality and low light photography but.. Google pixel proves it wrong!. I mean wrong. I have p10 plus f1.8. it doesnt do any good compared to my old samsung note 4.