Huawei U8220 - user opinions and reviews

6.9
7.1
7.0

Hi all,

Does it support video telephony? My firmware is 1.5 is there a way to upgrade?

Touch screen sometimes hang and strange alarm clock force close window appear from time to time!

THX

• 2011-08-06 14:16
  • p1y2

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-30 11:48 from N9QR - click to readyes visit any huawei centre near you. please.

• 2011-07-13 10:59
  • N7Dn

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-30 11:48 from N9QR - click to readPut in the password box "null"

• 2011-06-07 00:31
  • LJSV

I need to unlock my phone,there has been many attempts by some else to try and unlock it,so now it's requiring my gmail address and i cant remember the pass word,is there another way to unlock it??

• 2011-05-30 11:48
  • N9QR

> In reply to weche @ 2011-03-31 20:47 from fn$e - click to readyou must push the power buttom a little... and you have de optins...

• 2011-04-28 18:14
  • P9xy

you must to turn off your phone and hold volume key + and the red buton and then to tur on your phone then will boot your software from micro sd

• 2011-04-24 16:46
  • 3bm9

> In reply to rodweltendai @ 2011-04-11 10:33 from Mfxa - click to readdownload german tmobile 2.1 update instead,,,file has to be the one named dload

• 2011-04-16 12:25
  • 2xCn

Great phone so far, have had it for two weeks now, but can someone pls help me ugrade to 2.1, have downloaded the kernel from the huawei website, unzipped it to my microSD card but i get the following error "the upgrade package is not detected."

• 2011-04-11 10:33
  • Mfxa

am using u 8220,currently its switching on its own to flight mode,pliz help coz if i remove flight mode it comes back on its own even without touchin the phone

• 2011-03-31 20:47
  • fn$e

No multi-touch

• 2011-02-09 16:24
  • LDD8

hi ive owned my u8220 since april 2010 it was bought as a present for my birthday of late it will not hold its charge for very long on standby it lasts about 3 hrs everything else about the fone is good except for this problem that has developed over the last month Can i return it to u for repair or replacement as surely its still under guarentee as its not yet 12 mths old regards steve ps feel free to contact me on my e-mail smusician2@aol.com

• 2011-01-23 20:46
  • 0Fnt

> In reply to mhd @ 2010-12-25 13:09 from 3Cax - click to readi am using android 2.1 to enable gps, press menu button which is to the left of the trackball, choose settings, then security and location option, the click the use gps satellite option so that a green tick appears.

• 2011-01-22 06:41
  • JCAy

can anybody tell me where to buy this great phone

• 2010-12-31 18:04
  • 0Feg

Been struggling to sync with exchange. Any suggestions? I have roadrunner exchange in the phone

• 2010-12-29 15:31
  • 2Ff3

i have just got one but every time i try to use gps, it asks me to enable it from the setting.
but there is no such option.

any idea on how to fix this problem

thnx

• 2010-12-25 13:09
  • 3Cax

My brand new phone is working perfectly well especialy th 3g network is very fast..

• 2010-12-03 21:44
  • NsYX

I have had this phone for almost a year now and its still going strong. I have used it everyday, drop it a few times and its still like new. Very good build quality. I am currently running 2.1 OS in the handset which I got from the T-Mobile web site.

Battery life is the same as all phones of this type. You have to charge it evey night. Mine likes to die about midnight. It comes off charge about 6am so lasts about 18 hours.

As long as your not looking to play the newer 3D games this is a great phone and being an andriod can do eveything the others can do just with a little lag. But given the very cheap price tag what more can you ask for.

Price is a very big issue for me so having a phone that is a good all rounder for internet, email, texting ect. This phone suits my needs. As I am a year on I am looking to upgrade. I am surprised to find that there are very few phones at this spec level under the £100. I might have to wait a while but happy to do so.

• 2010-11-05 22:44
  • pK9r

my youtube player is not playung videos saying unable to play please help

• 2010-10-24 20:12
  • uWM3

go to www.freewarelovers.com to get the most out of this phone u wount need android market

• 2010-10-04 13:35
  • N7Dr

i cant wait to buy this phone...its not the best but its the best for its price..i think its a great phone...eat that i phone...

• 2010-10-02 00:54
  • fuut
Total of 64 user reviews and opinions for Huawei U8220.