Huawei U8510 IDEOS X3 - user opinions and reviews

Huawei

7.9
7.4
7.5

Had this phone around a year ago, initially good value but has a lot of issues. Weak processor means that there is terrible lag when using any task orr app, the camera is poor, very cheap build quality, and terrible battery life. No exaggeration to say that you will be lucky to get 6 hours use between charges. Also heats up worryingly when making calls or browsing. I have now upgrade to the Alcatel 983 (see my comment) which is an absolutely fantastic handset. I can't recommend the huawei!

• 2013-01-12 05:24
  • njxg

Really brilliant phone for the price: I'm a heavy user, but not a tech expert so it does eveything I want on a budget. My only criticisms are that the processor is occasionally slow and app memory is a bit limited. Overall, though, I love it!

• 2013-01-12 01:26
  • pw68

> In reply to Matt @ 2012-12-30 15:17 from PUsP - click to readMost phone repair shops will fix the phone but since it's not a very common make, getting parts shipped in from Asia is the time-consuming and expensive bit. Exactly the same thing happened to me so I feel your pain :) I had the phone for about a year and totally loved it, especially for the price.

• 2013-01-12 01:21
  • pw68

what is the size of the lcd screen

• 2013-01-07 00:41
  • 9yWG

I've had mine about a year and it's a bit slow and can't upgrade to any newer version of Android, just stuck with 2.3.5 the camera isn't great and it isn't compatible with many Android apps

• 2013-01-06 21:08
  • HKTG

Dear GSM Arena
I had use Huawei U8510 IDEOS X3 for long time, but just now it was dropped then no work at all. pls help me where can i find a special phone shop to fix it.

I look forward to hearing by return.

Best Regards,
Matt.

• 2012-12-30 15:17
  • PUsP

please I cannot make calls for the astronomy 4 days. when I try to call the call always end but I can receive call on it. please help me make calls

• 2012-12-19 09:41
  • N7Ax

I dont want or need half of the programmes that the phone comes with but i cant see how to remove them to free up storage space for apps I do want.

• 2012-12-12 12:17
  • 3GB2

> In reply to lance @ 2012-08-07 17:44 from X3rp - click to readandroid jelly baen to updet.

• 2012-12-11 19:55
  • PWDw

i creat account in gmail,so my phone contacts and id email from gmail mix. i dont know how to remove my id email from contace phone?

• 2012-12-11 10:52
  • nxBp

not bad phone for price but battery is terrible!

• 2012-12-05 19:53
  • mE0V

> In reply to Ruby @ 2012-12-03 03:45 from X3r7 - click to readIt is very easy you can change location service in sitting, weather change automatic

• 2012-12-05 09:02
  • KIDQ

• 2012-12-05 08:58
  • KIDQ

> In reply to Ruby @ 2012-12-03 03:45 from X3r7 - click to readyou need to hold your finger on the p-lace for a couple of seconds and you will come up with opsions it should come up with the places near you

• 2012-12-04 17:55
  • nGMy

How do you change the location for weather on the phone? It is stuck on an area about 8kms away and when I try and change the location it says that area is the default area??????

• 2012-12-03 03:45
  • X3r7

Can I use video call in this by using skype? please help.

• 2012-11-28 08:48
  • vGCF

Used it for about 10 months. Just sent it for in warranty repair as touch screen top edge lost its sensitivity.
Pros: Great looks and form factor, compact, slim and stylish. Good sharp display. Good battery (if you monitor & kill the power sucking apps). Low price.
Cons: Weak reception (compared to nokias). Occasional echo. Low external speaker volume. Low mic sensitivity (not good for speaker phone calls). Low quality GPS (in terms of locking on and errors). Low quality camera. Processor and RAM low end for GB 2.3. Hence slow response and occassional app crashes. Low exchange value being a 'chinese phone'.

Summary - Its a toy rather than a serious instrument. But worth the price.

• 2012-11-25 18:16
  • utbC

> In reply to jim @ 2012-11-20 07:31 from 7sa9 - click to readHow does it work

• 2012-11-23 17:21
  • Y}$F

i have this phone and have had very few problems some times its a bit laggy but nothing too serious and other than that the phone runs fine and videos load and run smoother on this than on my ipod

• 2012-11-22 14:06
  • 9Jwc

> In reply to Abbas @ 2012-11-15 08:24 from 3Ed{ - click to readyes you can. i have this phone and i don't have any problems. small and cheap with secondary camera

• 2012-11-21 17:33
  • 3E8G
Total of 365 user reviews and opinions for Huawei U8510 IDEOS X3.