Huawei U8800 IDEOS X5 - user opinions and reviews

Huawei

7.0
6.9
6.8

> In reply to Moron @ 2011-03-02 18:56 from P%}4 - click to readno, based on the spec on eprice.com,hk

• 2011-03-08 20:02
  • TdYE

> In reply to Waseem @ 2011-02-20 14:55 from n2KC - click to readHi can you tell me form when can I buy one online

• 2011-03-08 12:10
  • vGHD

I have been waiting for this phone since last year when it was announced in MWC 2010

by reading comments I cane to know that this phone is available over the globe.

Please let me know when can i get this online and get delivered in Finland

• 2011-03-08 12:07
  • vGHD

Wow, is a perfect word to use for this phone. Its my first andriod phone and once again all i can say is wow. Well the South African version comes with an 8GB internal memory i mean what more do you want. Its super fast and there are thousands of downloadable applications for the phone. However the battery life is too short. All in all its a great phone and an excellent cash for value. Go for it you won't be dissappointed you'll be saying wow, wow day by day coz you discover something new everytime.

• 2011-03-07 16:49
  • wMHH

OK ..

I have usaed this devise over the weekend now and i must say ..

IM surprised how damn good it is ..
So far i got no problems with it ..,everything works like a charm . Its a damn fast ohone for its price and you wont be disapointed with it .

I dont see any reason to pay my ass of for a more known brand if i can get something like this well and quallity build with a way smaller pricetag on it .

cheers...

• 2011-03-07 10:53
  • ABde

> In reply to vx @ 2011-03-02 09:45 from i2H1 - click to readHow good are the speakers on the phone for music and things like that. Are they good quality? And are they loud enough? Only I'm moving from a phone that has excellent speakers and I was thinking of getting this phone?

• 2011-03-04 23:51
  • pY8F

I bought it yesterday from ds. l am very, impressed by it.it is better than I what I expected

• 2011-03-04 21:42
  • 2C{b

Did X5 have WiFi tethering (portable hotspot) feature?

• 2011-03-02 18:56
  • P%}4

Excellent wifi. For the Australian version, internal memory is 2GB. What surprised me is the phone also came with 8GB micro sd card.

• 2011-03-02 09:45
  • i2H1

Available at 2degrees in NZ for $550 dollars, It's a great phone, very fast and smooth

• 2011-03-01 09:54
  • vxB7

> In reply to Cheema @ 2011-02-27 08:53 from PSCB - click to readFor apps just click on the app market and enjoy. The icon shoudl resemble an android on a shopping bag, either in your main menu drawer or on the home screen somewhere.

• 2011-03-01 02:18
  • uFjb

Like the look of the phone snd it is easy to use but am finding that it has a short battery life when used alot as I do. Anyone else finding that?

• 2011-03-01 00:43
  • vpgm

> In reply to Cheema @ 2011-02-27 08:53 from PSCB - click to readCheema, you can search and download appz from the Android Market on the phone or using the Google Android website https://market.android.com/ but you do need a gmail account to download any app from the Market (I think ?? ).

As for the CD/PC software, Android phones dont come with any PC based software, when you plug in the USB cable to your PC you should only see a Mass Storage Device (ie a hard drive) like a USB pen drive, from there you can load music, pictures and data, just remember that Android will only really read mp3's and pictures.Also you could use the micro SD card that came with the phone but you will need to use the micro SD to normal size SD adaptor.Thats what's so great about Android, you can just load on music and pictures without going through any PC based software.

I would also recommend just doing a google search for something like "top 10 android apps", this will help you get a start on some good apps you need.

Matt

• 2011-02-28 12:25
  • UFGm

Hi Guys,

I just bought X5 today from 2 Degree shop in Auckland woth is $549. I am just checking all the features. It doesn't have FM radio. Rest of all features are quite good. Mobile doesn't look very solid body wise. But if your compare price then it's very good deal. Processing speed is quite good. I am just wondering they haven't give me any kind of CD/software to install on my PC. This is my first Andrioid phone, can you please guide where from i can download some apps and pc synch s/w. Your help will be appreated mate.

Cheers

• 2011-02-27 08:53
  • PSCB

> In reply to Pineapple head @ 2011-02-26 12:44 from vad7 - click to readyou are wrong. You quoting the old Huawei ( 2 inches-plus screen and 3 megapixel camera...etc not the newly released x5 (3.8 inch screen and 5 megapiel camea....). The x5 is NOT available at Crazy John . It i advertised at Dick Smith in Australia but not yet available in any of its shops ( Distribution centre said it would be available within weeks)

• 2011-02-27 08:07
  • 2C{b
  • F

boom beat u to it, work for cj first in the country to get it!

• 2011-02-27 01:35
  • Mf5@

you can get this great phone in Australia from crazy johns on a $19 plan over 24 months or $349.

• 2011-02-26 12:44
  • vad7

> In reply to G Unit @ 2011-02-19 06:15 from vpg7 - click to readThe comment about stuck in the 80's and shoutcast .... great if you have an unlimited data plan which we don't get in New Zealand ....
2 degrees have confirmed there is no FM radio on the version they are selling.

• 2011-02-22 00:17
  • PG{i

Has been released in Australia at DIck Smith for $349 but Dick Smith has not received stock yet, I can tell you all that I will be the first one getting it.

• 2011-02-22 00:04
  • uMJY

> In reply to Ben Duong @ 2011-02-20 00:15 from uMJ9 - click to readIn Finland this cost around 280-300 euro in retail, that would be 377-406 Australian dollars. But here you can also get it from an operator package and pay only 213 euro (which would be 288 Australian dollars). And (I assume) the price level is probably bit higher here so you can expect a bit lower prices in your country than the ones I provided.

• 2011-02-21 19:53
  • iEWF
Total of 833 user reviews and opinions for Huawei U8800 IDEOS X5.