i-mate SP5 - user opinions and reviews

i-mate

HI all
does sp5 support office application or real player music & is it easy to download GPS software

Thanks

• 2005-11-24 12:20
  • McVB

HI all
would u please adive me wether to buy SE k750 or i-mate SP5 , & if SEk750 support any office application or real player music format ?
Thanks

• 2005-11-24 12:05
  • McVB

Hey everybody! Can any one tell me please where can I download FREE software for my Imate SP5, Windows Mobile 5. I cant find any cool softwares...

• 2005-11-18 18:14
  • mcMR

Nice phone but a poor user manual. It is not clear to me how to use WAP, GPRS etc. And no excel which is also disappointing.

• 2005-11-12 08:47
  • SeV5

Well the m stands for Music! The only difference between SP5 and SP5m is that the m one has 4 extra buttons just above the keypad to control music. The shape is different too! I personally like the SP5 better because of its elegant design and shape! As far as the features are concerned everythings same! I am buying one tomorrow hopefully!! This phone truely is the best until now!

• 2005-11-02 11:29
  • mcMR

hey ppl which ones better a sp5 or sp5m and whats the difference between them?

• 2005-11-02 05:53
  • UiSs

dooes it have excel,word..etc..nd if it doesnt...can we download it ? if yes plz give me da site ..

• 2005-10-29 19:22
  • SeFN

the joystick is superb. they have fixed all the problems that were there with the sp3i's joystick. this one works beautifully.

• 2005-10-29 17:59
  • 4s3R

hello SP5 OR SP5M USERS!!!!

kindly tell me hows the navigator / joystic button on these phones. is it easy to navigate??? thanks.!!!

• 2005-10-29 09:52
  • PGhP

can you use bluetooth to transfer files back and forth? you could not do that on the sp3i.

also, sync was very difficult to do with bluetooth on the sp3i. is it much better here?

thanks!

• 2005-10-28 00:51

hello guyz.

planning tobuy imate sp5? can anybody tell me hows the navigator button in sp5??? b/c it was pain in sp3i.
thanks.

• 2005-10-27 07:51
  • PGhP

Is this phone or the sp5m available in any UK stores yet?

• 2005-10-26 15:16
  • mnXJ

it's great phone.? but why letter size is not as like sp3.? with the big lettes all phones are easy to read in the car or when you r in move.?behalf of this one i love sp5 .thanks 2 HTC.!!!

• 2005-10-24 18:25
  • Q$5R

It has 64 MB RAM, I checked it on the I-Mate site. The GSMArenA site says it only has 32 MB, but beneath the specifications they said that they can't guarantee that all the information is right...

• 2005-10-22 13:52
  • mGKY

Doesn't it have 64mb of ram?? It says so on clubimate.com and afew other sites.

• 2005-10-22 00:32
  • 45ux

I got my i-mate SP5 a few days ago and have to say it is INCREDIBLE. I had an o2 XPhoneII before, but this is something else altogether. The API integration in WM5 is so much better, meaning the phone works better and looks more uniform throughout. Bluetooth is finally useable, the T9 dictionary is editable and the screen is spectacular. Within 3 minutes I had it set up and syncing directly with my corporate exchange server. I've got the wi-fi option enabled, meaning i can sync my email wherever there is an access point (and when there's not, use GPRS).
Setting up GPRS and MMS can be a challenge, but the i-mate website has some auto configuration applications which cover many regions. The one for Vodafone Australia doesn't work so I had to do it manually, no mean feat. I will post instructions on MoDaCo on how to do it.
Things I don't like the phone include the inability to easily (ie without reg hack) change the soft key function (which says "Contacts" despite there being a dedicated "Contacts" button. The photo contacts app has taken a step back (now only presents a tiny copy of the pic when your contact rings) and the included ringtones and colour schemes are still very basic.
I would highly recommend this phone, for the price (AUD$729) it can't be beat.

• 2005-10-21 09:04
  • inxi

Does anyone got the MMS-part going right?
I am trying for days now to get it to work, but no luck yet.
I tried to install Clearvue Suite, in order to read docs and pdf... but does not work either. Any suggestions?

Cheers
Daniel

PS. I do love this phone... the screen is so sexy!

• 2005-10-17 03:22
  • SnTE

let me get this straight...you want to control servers from your phone? would it kill you to use a laptop or handheld pc with wi-fi? this is a phone, pda, personal device, first and foremost. it's cool that it can do some other things, but really, to complain that it doesn't do them as well as something that's designed specifically for the task is just plain retarded.

until vnc comes up with a mobile client, this is as good as it's going to get on a phone.

the only things i would change on this phone are the processor speed. but i am happy with what it has right now.

• 2005-10-13 17:35
  • 4s3R

just bought one today, it's awesome

• 2005-10-12 07:57
  • PNI2

Well, I still think I'm gonna get myself a sp5, I think the design is much better:-)

• 2005-10-07 09:45
  • mGKY
Total of 231 user reviews and opinions for i-mate SP5.