Berlin's IFA 2012 is right around the corner and this year it is going to take place from August 31 to September 5. But those are the days when the exhibition will be opened for the public. The really interesting part are the few days before that when most manufacturers will hold press-only events and the Berlin's Messe grounds will be opened only to those with press passes.
Here's the schedule for those pre-IFA press days. Let's take a look at which companies will be there and when they'll have their press conferences and product announcements.
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
- 03:00pm - 04:00pm: Panasonic is expected to unveil a new Android smartphone at this years' IFA. The smartphone will be walking in the footsteps of the Eluga and the Eluga Power, which were announced at this year's MWC back in February. Perhaps, we'll see some other AV product announcements, as well, including a new mirrorless camera.
- 04:00pm - 05:00pm: Sony plans to unveil the Xperia S refresh - the recently caught in the wild Sony Xperia SL (LT26ii), the Xperia LT29i Hayabusa and finally, the LT30i 'Mint', which as as we recently learned , will go by the name of Xperia T. This will be one of the most interesting IFA's press conferences, for sure.
- 07:00pm - 08:00pm: Samsung already has a lot of people excited about its upcoming Galaxy Note 2 announcement. The 5.5-inch phoneblet is one of the most anticipated Android devices to come out in the second half of the year.
Thursday, August 30, 2012
- 11:00am - 12:00pm: Samsung is holding a second press conference the day after its dedicated Unpacked event. This one, we presume, is going to show off products from the company's home appliances divisions.
- 01:00pm - 02:30pm: Lenovo will be quite busy too, come the end of the month. Starting off with the IdeaTab A2105 phoneblet, the company is also expected to showcase two new tablets - the 7-inch IdeaTab A2107 and the 9-inch IdeaTab A2109.
- 03:00pm - 05:00pm: LG has been really quiet about its upcoming IFA 2012 press conference. The company already launched its flagship Android smartphone, the 4X HD. However, they are likely to use the exhibition to showcase all of its 2012 smartphones, rather than unveil new ones. We'll surely see new stuff in the TV/home appliance department.
That's what's ahead for us all at this year's IFA edition. We'll be there to cover it live for you.
You can check out the full schedule in the source link below. Keep in mind the quoted times are in Berlin's CET time zone (GMT+2 during the summer).
Which press conference are you looking forward the most?