Just to give my opinion on the phone,
1. ringtone loudness is very depend on the file coding. There is software that can boost up the volume. But for A20, speaker audio is very clear.
2. I agree with Viper that SMS part is bit slow. And for user friendly, is very depend to user and how long he/she using the phone. Like now, if you ask me to use nokia phone, i will feel is not user friendly cause i'm not familiar to the menu. And this is my problem and not the phone itself..... :)
3. No, it only work one way, mean either melody or vibrate.
4. Only preset tone for SMS & MMS. But there are 11 type of tone still can choose....:(
5. I notice is good for me when i take photo from different angle. I only need to adjust the camera and view finder screen.
6. It only last me for 2 day without switching off. This might because of dual color screen. :(
7. I had printed the photo and it look okay for me. Just like 2megapixel photo. Maybe i'm not expert.
8. Is just a bright light but very useful as torch light. Most of the flash the build in phone is same cause i had compare my A20 with E398 and K700, is same.
10. I give it 7.5/10
There is some other feature that i would like to share.
a) Auto respond - work as answering machine
b) Voice recording for 60 minutes
c) Support video format 3GP and MP4
d) Flight mode - switch off network but phone still on
e) Full screen movie playback
f) Mp3 with equalizer setting
0. Check out whether a guy William is there? He fixes these phones. He is rude at times. Usually u need to place the phone 1 week to for them to do some diagnostic.
1. Check it out :-)
2. Poor algorithm coding.
5. Well, if it loose they can tighten it. But once u drop any flip phone - bye bye RM1XXX
6. What??? Only 3 days. I also switched off my phone (ALcatel OT756) before going to bed and battery last 7 days or more.
8. Then the flash is just a gimmick.
Let us know any updates when u use it over a longer period.
thks for all info!!!!
So far this is my first Inno phone, hope I don't face any issue if I need to go for Southall's service.
1. As I didn't heard SE750i ringtone before, so, can't answer you this.
2. More or less the same, but just slower in respond.
4. Only can use the preset tone for the sms.
5. Ha ha, this will depend on individual. For me, I'll find it still ok. It is really depend on your habbit. So far, I don't find the part get loose until now. ;)
6. I like to open and close my phone and think this cause the phone's battery last for 3 days only.
7. Not yet try to print, so can't tell you this yet.
8. The flash light you can turn on or let it be in auto mode which will flash when you take the picture. But for me, the "power" of the flash is very weak. Don't think you can even compare with the flash of a Digital Camera and it is not fare to compare also cuase this is only a phone.
For my point of view, I can only give this phone 6/10 even I have brought it. :)
Dear Curly & Viper;
Thks for info. I'm careful NOW when buying a Korean h/p, esp the service center is from Southall as I have bad experienced using VK mobile.
1. Are the MP3 ringtones as loud as SE K750i? I now own an Alcatel OT756 and the MP3 ringtone are soft but still able to hear it ring.
2. How's the SMS texing? Is it user friendly as Nokia's?
3. Does it vibrate and ring at the same time?
4. For the incoming SMS, can u select MP3 as ringtone or the preset ones in the h/p only?
5. Don't u find it difficult to take pic/videos when the camera is at the side? U always need to twist the h/p and this will eventually loosen the nuts and bolts. Yikes!
6. How long does the battery last? I know it's 200 hrs on standby but on normal usage and standby - around 5 days before another charge takes place?
7. How you tried printing out the photos as to see the algorithm?
8. Is it flash like the actual digital camera or just one bright shining light?
9. Does it have macro mode?
10. Pls rate 1(lousy) - 10 (Best)
Thx for the info Viper. The reason I ask is because I have to buy it through the internet since they don't sell it where I live.
It has such a beautiful design, and the features are not that bad.
I heard there is new firmware update for the phone out. Anyone experiencing any problems with the old firmware?
Inno A20 not just support RS-MMC, it also support MMC. For MMC, I had my with 1GB. No delay in phone function. :)
Ya, in order to know (feel) how's the menu work, it is best to try it out personally. ;)
Anyhow, the menu is very similar to all Korea phone, like Samsung. Usage is ok even not the best. It is bit like Nokia also but still can't compare with Sony Ericsson menu.
About the profile and its ring tone, yes, you can't set different ring tone for each profile, all are using the same tone.
This phone is using reduce size MMC (not SD) which come together with a adapter. The transfer speed is fast, at least to me. One MP3 with 3Mb in size, get transfer less than 10 seconds into both the phone or the memory card.
if you want to know abt. the interface, i'd suggest go to the phone shop and get a demo. it will be a lot clearer to understand. :-)
i am waiting for the phone to go down to RM1k, then i might consider getting it.
do keep us updates on the performace of the phone.
ya, the midi ringtone is very soft. but when the demo person played am MP3 techno song it was loud and clear.
one thing i found out that for diff. profile setting only one ringtone can be set for all. meaning, u cannot set diff. ringtone for diff. profile - true?
how the SD access time - good?
hi viper.. how is the menu? is the interface nice? can you tell me more about the phone?
Some typo in my previous message. :p
If you are not using any bluetooth headset, then this phone which don't come with bluetooth is alright. Unless you plan to exchange a lot of files with your friend who is having a bluetooth phone.
Oh ya, I get mine from Lowyat Plaza for RM1499.
Got mine a few weeks ago. Notice a few down side for this phone.
First is the key-press speed. If you do compare the respond time with either Nokia or Sony Ericsson, you will notice it is a bit slower (half a second). If you are a fast sms typer, you might find the phone just can't catch up with your speedy typing. This goes the same when you click thru the menu/option.
For the firmware installed, I do face 2 times the phone hang after getting out from the web browsing. Not sure what cause it. Hope this issue will be fixed by the new firmware (if there will be any).
About the 2M camera, well.. I don't have any other camera phone which is higher than VGA mode to compare with, this phone camera quality is consider ok, just the image quality is a bit dark, might need some tool to adjust it. Video quality is quite nice, at least able to capture in higher frame per second.
Personaly I like the phone as it has a nice build and quality. Ringing tone is very loud if you are using MP3. But for midi tone, it is too soft.
Well.. no bluetooth which it should have but if you are using any bluetooth headset, then you can live with it, isn't it? ;)
Hi there, anyone know how's the quality of the 2.0 MP camera?
The video will surely be very good.
inno A20 design is very good but no radio....r........... cant waste my free time.
Umm guys ... whats with all this "fixing" and software upgrading with this phone??
Are you saying that when you buy this phone you need to go and get it fixed/upgraded for it to work properly!? Or is this only for Malaysia!?? Or is this fixing/upgrading optional and the phone will still work properly without it??
Ahhhhh...im confused......... =S
Inno A20 build-in with speakerphone. The LCD resolution is 176x220 pixel. The review that mention 352x288 is refering to Camcorder resolution. I had a unit of Inno A20, I didn't understand what does it mean LCD plastic. But for my understanding, when I purchase my Inno A20, it comes with one transparent plastic cover LCD prevent scratches. For sure that plastic will drop out cause is not part of the phone. :)
Read from some Taiwan forum that the LCD plastic cover peels off after few days. any such issue here?
Also, whats the software version that comes with the phone? herad that's alread a new version.
Thanks for the update, Curly. Well, I do hope the innostream is not as bad as VK mobile. The price is now RM1550 at Subang Parade. Somehow the ringtone of SE K750i is very loud when i copared both phones.
but this A20 is sleek and it has that plasma scree feel-like over the LCD.
well, if any of u guys own one, pls. let me know how it goes cos i might be getting it WHEN it goes below RM1k :-)