iNQ Cloud Touch - user opinions and reviews

195796

7.3
7.3
7.2

Bought at Walmart Canada boxing day sale $88.
Bought unlock key online for $20 (took only 5 hours to get key).
Rooted with z4Root, Added Root Explorer & Titanium Backup,Removed some junk, Moved some to sdcard, Installed Speakout (7-Eleven pay as you go sim with $10/mo. browsing), and a few more apps.

The Good.
Looks clean & smart.
Fit's hand nicely.
Feels sturdy enough.
Plays Netflix amazingly well using 2G sim plan.
Using Mobo player, movies are excellent (after I converted them on my PC).
Music button on side is nice, and integrated player is easy & intuitive to use.
I see no issues with any apps starting, stopping or running.

The info button on top left side is great.
One touch to graphic display & on/off of wifi, gps, bluetooth, alarms, battery gauge & memory usage.
The Facebook integration is okay to great, depending on how much you love Facebook, but I ditched the main screen app and just use a shortcut.

Barcode Scanner using Redlazer scans without issue.
Video camera works well and is intuitive to use.
Pics can be auto uploaded to Facebook.

The Wifi Hotspot is dead simple to set up and works like a dream. I connect to the Inq's hotspot using my trusty old Aspire netbook for a larger screen viewing experience and speed is quite good for basic internet browsing etc. SO much better than using previuos method of USB Bluetooth Dongle.

The Bad
Camera gives me trouble, in that pics seem to come out fuzzy due to shaky hand, (No auto stabilization) Maybe I can fix this in settings, will have to check it out some more.

The Quirky
Maybe just me, but when I hold the phone in my Left hand, My finger seems to want to naturally nest it's tip in the indent of the camera lens, thus requiring me to give the lens a wipe before I use the camera.

Popping the back off is a wee bit weird if your fingers aren't small and equipped with sturdy nails, although any flat tool like a butter knife or round end of a nail file will suffice nicely for the task.

The Verdict:
For $100 and a bit of tweaking, this is a decent unlocked android phone. Yes it could be better in many respects, but that's what $600 phones are for.
If you need a basic android phone that is easily unlocked & rooted, then for the price point, I say it's a winner.

• 2012-01-03 21:00
  • Ikg$

poor screen quality, and carphone warehouse not covering warranty repairs

• 2011-10-27 18:20
  • M3s@

yesterday i bought a white set but till now not open.when i connected first charge,9 hours after when removed charger but not shout down.maybe need to change

• 2011-10-20 17:36
  • HFTX

> In reply to shaun walsall @ 2011-09-09 02:35 from LhRn - click to readis there something wrong with this phone and that's why it was withdrawn from sale.

• 2011-09-14 01:15
  • iiax

this handset has been withdrawn from carphone warehouse
the reason it did not sell in many numbers .
all the remaining handsets have been sent back to inq .

• 2011-09-09 02:35
  • LhRn

Love the user guide/ tutorial, showing all the phone aspects. Love that I found that I can use the music button on the side to focus the camera. Has decent sound and use it
my Ipod. Have lots of movies pics and videos.(Awesome 32g of storage) This is my favorite phone so far. Awesome that you integrated the INQ keyboard, and the Android keyboard. Makes it so much easier and faster to say what I need in type or text to speech. Great phone.

• 2011-09-06 19:37
  • RnKI

I Bought an INQ Cloud and I love it!

• 2011-08-31 01:26
  • 4x1p

tried to download flash player, but says download decline,, any thoughts?

• 2011-08-24 14:10
  • M3s@

Checking the specs its a good phone,but the integrated facebook homepage makes it look mushy..i had it for one day,was nt impressed with the quality of its 5mp camera so I exchanged it for a galaxy mini which has 3mp but still works fine.

• 2011-08-21 11:53
  • fsWX

I hope this phone is as good as it looks... I just bought one!

• 2011-08-19 00:30
  • qa4S

how can we add games in it and how can we play.....i'vw downloaded so many applications but it shows only gallery and music icons and never show the games.............help me out?

• 2011-08-10 22:33
  • KI12

> In reply to dave @ 2011-05-16 09:57 from M3s@ - click to readFinally a decent review.
These childish remarks don't help anybody.
Thanks

• 2011-07-26 16:42
  • THyR

I saw this phone in Canada its about $200, good phone good price im thinking of buying one!

• 2011-07-25 16:12
  • 02fG

I work for best buy europe, and to be honest i think £120.00 is a fair price for this handset. Just look at the spec, 5mp camera, 800 mhz processor, android 2.2, and a reasonable screen. If you want a handset for £49.00 may i suggest looking at a samsung tocco lite, wake up, your not going to get a handset of this spec for £49.00, you must be simple.

• 2011-06-28 11:15
  • M3s@

Well, I'm using this phone for two month. Great. Really. But it should have better processor :-)

• 2011-06-24 19:26
  • 3mET

Did not think it would be long before this device would tumble in price. Three had a while with INQ, did not last long. Shame, as INQ devices are ok to an extent, social networking WAS their thing prior to Android becoming the major platform. But now, well I think INQ need to be more imaginative. Who buys for CPW?? Best Buy seem to own half now, so maybe common sense will prevail. Had they released this device at a more reasonable price point initially, it may have been better. I can see it at £49 plus obligatory top-up, and that would be about right I feel. The device itself is good, but software issues seem a problem, eg shutting down, and that at ANY price is just not on my friends!

• 2011-06-12 09:44
  • pUSj

> In reply to Chris @ 2011-05-25 09:16 from mpBX - click to readwhere is CW?

• 2011-06-09 15:30
  • gxJI

UAU

• 2011-06-01 22:39
  • 9y11

In the uk the phone is sold for about £120 at CW

• 2011-05-25 09:16
  • mpBX

we have one for demo and it is actually a nice little phone, fast and has alot of handy little features great facebook phone

• 2011-05-20 04:31
  • PNf{
Total of 98 user reviews and opinions for iNQ Cloud Touch.