Interesting facts about the new Nokia N9
We try to bring you as much news as possible about the new Nokia N9 because we are excited about the device and the platform, even if Nokia isnít. So when we came across a whole stash of interesting facts about this phone, we couldnít resist posting it here.
Website ShootSpeak has compiled this list of facts about the Nokia N9 and if you want to read all of them we suggest you hit the source link but here are the ones we found the most interesting.
- There is currently no way to create folders in the main application menu although it may be added later.
- You can close applications instead of just minimizing them if you swipe from the top of the display instead of the side, although this function has to be enabled first from the settings menu.
- N9 can play Flash videos in the video player, along with other formats such as MKV up to 720p resolution but it cannot play Flash videos in the web browser due to a lack of Adobe Flash player plugin.
- The N9 has hardware support for an FM radio but currently there is no software for it, although it can be added later. This is similar to the N900, which too shipped without an FM radio application.
- There is a possibility that the homescreen will be open-sourced so that its functionality can be increased by adding widgets and stuff.
- Colin Guiles, Executive VP of Sales for Nokia, said in a meeting with Malaysian journalists that the N9 will be retailing for $600 and $749 for the 16GB and 64GB respectively, although the prices could change later.
- Games can include the ability to disable the swipe feature to prevent accidentally minimizing the game while playing.
- The camera architecture is open on the N9, so third-party camera applications and RAW access is possible later on.
where is the flash player guys,the bloody thing doesn't have a flash player ,i can't stream videos for god sake !!
- 2011-12-21 15:35
I think N9 price will be cheap or expensive so that people who think this is that wont buy the Phone
- 2011-08-17 19:35
nokia ceo has made it clear that he does not want this phone to succeed as they want the Windows phone 7 version to.. so price might be one of the methods.. with that being said.. i wont buy this phone for more than 500 even if i have to wait a year ...
- 2011-08-13 03:14