Jolla Jolla - user opinions and reviews

Jolla

7.2
7.2
7.1

> In reply to jithu @ 2014-12-04 14:50 from uwNU - click to read@jithuchavady@gmail.com - can you please direct me to install jolla on my n9?
Hey jithuchavady, ask the same question at Twitter "JollaHQ" or see&ask forum "maemo.org" or see Wikipedia.

• 2014-12-10 05:39
  • dZ}v

I think it is worth to see specification and details of Jolla Tablet http://igg.me/at/jolla-tablet/x/9341985 to find out what are advantages. And eventually use discount which is to be closed in less then 20hours. In my case this is true multitasking and safety of my data including contacts and professional data, as loosing them can lead me to trouble or can feed my direct competitors if they would get them. Jolla provide me both advantages. As Wikipedia says:
Jolla Tablet's Sailfish OS can run its own native apps and Android apps, downloaded via the Jolla Store or any other Android app marketplaces. A widely understood Linux software can be used (in both console/terminal or graphic mode, either as compatible binaries or compiled with actual The Sailfish OS SDK), the OS use RPM Package Manager[6] by default.
This is important for all admins. The Sailfish OS as a full Linux gives ability to supervise remotely any services or servers. There are plenty Lion inux or Android tools. Jolla Tablet CPU is Intel so x86. Note that Jolla does not break sessions like others, so having a connection allow to stay connected several hours undisturbed. And here comes true multitasking (after Wikipedia):
Live Multitasking on Linux MeeGo Sailfish OS allows different apps to run simultaneously, parallelly in the same time, and independently. Among other advantages multitasking allows to switch between any running software (also Android to Sailfish and vice versa) in the fly. User can see all running apps in one single multitasking view, from which can directly control running and minimised apps like e.g.: to change music track or to play and pause video stream, without opening the app in full or to call/answer/take a picture without breaking, all of those mentioned above, players activities. This way of interaction is impossible with other mobile OSes which freeze apps temporally in a background without access, in contrary to true multitasking.
That means that when I have opened a session to correct or maintain a server I can leave it, and eg. make a call to sb or pick up a call from an senior staff to instruct me what to do,and session still will be active, not any frozen etc.. that is really important, as otherwise I would have to log in again from the beginning. Jolla allow me not to go through all this every 15minutes. I can do my job faster and I am more moveable, as I can take Jolla with me anywhere and alarms will let me know if anything would require my attention or intervention. This is really advantage. As I assume Linux tools to be way better, Jolla Tablet due to Intel CPU is x86, and Linux Sailfish OS gives me advantage of using terminal/console mode what is more convenient for me - all that makes me to think I will have a dream machine for my purposes.

Also I will have with Jolla Tablet possibility to launch all kinds of: Sailfish native soft + Linux huuuuge library of soft + Android apps + eventually some MeeGo software also. That give me more software possible then any Android device have..... And all this for that price?? For me this is a game-changer.

• 2014-12-09 16:05
  • dZWV

> In reply to M @ 2014-10-16 11:36 from T3$A - click to readcan you please direct me to install jolla on my n9?

jithuchavady@gmail.com

• 2014-12-04 14:50
  • uwNU

the most featured thing about jolla is its multitasking power to have so many apps running without a lag. it is truest form of multitasking i've seen after symbian an meego.....

i can play a video in the background and its still runnin on the cover.. all its intuitiveness makes it soo rather unique than anu other mobile operating system...

• 2014-12-01 10:56
  • ut1Y

> In reply to megatronforever @ 2014-11-26 12:55 from 7t5E - click to readThere is no inforation about a new device, but Jolla Tablet. But for sure they are working on something new, like a new Jolla.

• 2014-11-26 21:51
  • dZVV

Friends is any new device coming from jolla mobiles...??? Except tablet

• 2014-11-26 12:55
  • 7t5E

> In reply to unimpressed @ 2014-11-13 17:59 from stP@ - click to readI disagree with your comments. First of all, google play works flawlessly in my jolla. Never once I have seen the message "Google play stopped working"...I guess you must have done a corrupt installation for the phone to behave it this way... Secondly wifi works perfectly, not once I had wifi connectivity issues. Third, camera is 8 MP and not 8 MB...hope that's a typo from your end....picture quality is good and the camera UI itself is great... I have installed some 50 apps from google playstore and it works brilliantly without any issues...infact I installed Real racing 3 and it works really smooth..... The only negative point I have is the screen quality is not that great in sunlight...Apart from that its a brilliant phone!!

• 2014-11-24 11:42

quad-core 1.9GHz cpu
2420mAh battery

• 2014-11-23 10:19
  • XMpU

Sorry put my tablet opinion in the wrong place just realised.

• 2014-11-22 09:45
  • MJSt

Unless you can use a tablet as a phone, it becomes quite usless, having 2 devices just doesn't make sense. Should have had alot more powerful specs as well.

• 2014-11-22 09:41
  • MJSt

> In reply to unimpressed @ 2014-11-13 17:59 from stP@ - click to readIf Jolla haven't android apps support than obvious its a worst phone..

• 2014-11-21 08:30
  • KFNL

> In reply to TheManhatten @ 2014-11-19 21:56 from J8MW - click to readYes, he said the truth

• 2014-11-20 15:17
  • X0x9

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-11-19 17:58 from xuvn - click to readoh come on -_- source?

• 2014-11-19 21:56
  • J8MW

> In reply to SamD @ 2014-11-18 16:52 from KxDs - click to readIt's not the company Nokia that makes the N1. Foxconn just paid them to use their brand.

• 2014-11-19 17:58
  • xuvn

Nice to hear that Nokia launched N1 tab. Now Nokia can collaborate with Jolla to launch new devices after 2016 as Nokia is bound by agreement with Microsoft.
Now as Microsoft is ditching Nokia brand, good chances for Nokia to resurrect after 2016.
But I don't want Nokia to come out with Android devices.

• 2014-11-18 16:52
  • KxDs

A mid range phone with, a high range price.

• 2014-11-17 22:23
  • s0M7

They need make some low and middle range smartphones.

• 2014-11-14 20:19
  • ScS5

> In reply to unimpressed @ 2014-11-13 17:59 from stP@ - click to readi'll buy it off you

• 2014-11-14 19:03
  • ELKE

I was one of the first ones who got a Jolla, so I've been using it for nearly a year now. At this point it is simply impossible for me to keep using it anymore, so I have to buy another phone - and believe me, it will not be another Jolla.

Apps. Ok. The thing you'll see most frequently on Jolla is "Google Play stopped working". Interesting, 'cause you can't even get Google Play on the bloody thing in the first place. But what it means is that basically 85% of Android Apps do not work. None of the native Google apps work. Gmail is the only thing you can use, but not very well. You can't see the headlines of emails for example. This alone is reason enough NOT to buy this piece of ****.

Getting wifi to work well is apparently impossible. Even a 3G-connection only works from time to time.

The camera is crap. 8MB my ***.

The battery dies during a work day, if you use the phone for anything.

So what can you do with Jolla? If you keep it connected to the charger 24/7 you can text and call someone. But even that doesn't work as well as it should.

The only reason I stuck with this phone for ten months is that I paid too much for it to shove it to the back of the drawer after a few weeks of use. But at this point I have no choice. My conscience won't let me sell it to anyone, because it would undoubtedly be a disappointment to him.

Jolla is the s*ittiests phone I have ever had. I'm completely baffled by the fact that so many of the internet reviews are so positive. Either the Jolla guys have hired a heck of a gang to write them, or the product guality is very inconsistent and I was unlucky enough to get a very poor product. But I'm not by any means the only one who is having trouble with Jolla. It is just not worth it. All the frustration it has caused me... Not to mention I bought it for 399 euros! In all honesty I have to say, don't buy it.

• 2014-11-13 17:59
  • stP@
Total of 518 user reviews and opinions for Jolla Jolla.