Jolla outs Tahkalampi - update 8 for its Sailfish OS
Last month Jolla released the major Saapunki firmware, which combined the planned 6 and 7 updates into one. The company also promised to bring update 8 in July and it is now rolling out, just as scheduled.
The new update 8 for the Sailfish OS is called Tahkalampi and improves the user experience with Android apps among other things. Here is the official changelog:
- Easily switch between open Android apps in the homescreen by tapping on their respective active covers i.e they are no longer grouped into one cover (experimental)
- Add shortcuts to webpages in the app launcher area
- Set separate synchronization schedules per mail account
- Upload multiple files via Browser and be able to filter files by file type during file selection
- Define email signature and sender name per account
- Save unsent messages as drafts when messages app is pushed to background
- Search word auto-completion in Jolla Store
- Use stroke input method for writing in Chinese
- Define an end date when creating/modifying recurring calendar events
- Artist search support in Media player
You can find more highlights and improvements over at the official page for the Tahkalampi update.
Jolla has previously announced that the next update 9 will come in late August or early September.
Thanks, Sepehr James Noori, for the tip!
Haha, that would be awesome.
- 2014-07-16 17:38
9th update will be called Bodominjärvi?
- 2014-07-16 06:48
I for one cant wait to get sailfish on my old S3. It will great to give a new OS a go. Jolla please get sailfish working on CM11.
- 2014-07-15 18:09