Kyocera Rise C5155 - user opinions and reviews

Kyocera

7.7
7.2
7.2

I've used a Rise for about a year and a half. I'm replacing it next month with a Motorola Photon Q.

It's an indestructible little bugger. As others have commented, there's 4 small screws behind the battery cover that periodically need to be tightened with a jewelers screwdriver, or else the slider starts to flop around. Otherwise, it's very sturdy and you can really bang it around with no fear of breaking the case or screen.

Performance has been... mixed. When I first got it, it performed OK, but with every set of software updates, the core phone apps have gotten bigger and bigger, and performance has gotten more and more sluggish. The phone occasionally crashes when using some of the more heavyweight apps, like Navigation or Maps. Navigation is a guaranteed crash/reboot after 10-15 miles.

I'm forced to conclude it just isn't powerful enough to handle Android 4.x - this device should either have been sold with Android 2.3, or should have gotten an extra 512MB of ram. This is a large factor in why I'm upgrading.

• 2014-10-21 01:14
  • kZNd

Of note though...there are little screws on back under cover that will get loose....this messes with the keyboard and everything else. I discovered this and because I hate the cost of buying a new phone I simply used an eyeglasses repair screwdriver to tighten them and use a cheap snap on bling cover I purchased for like $5. If the screws ever do come out they will most likely stay in case. A hassle for some but at the cost of new phones I'll continue to do a little tweaking on this one. I actually have a iphone 5 sitting in a case just dread the cost per month of using it so I continue with my little rise and vm. Lol

• 2014-10-14 23:40
  • secV

I have had this phone a couple of years...I have dropped it more than once ( it's in a case) found my 8 year old on it, it's not great for say playing games or fast activities although I also have an ipad so I could also download the old version on my phone and it works ok...battery life is short but I bought extra batteries on ebay keep them charged up and pop them in phone when not close to an outlet something you can't do with a lot newer phones... I also use virgin mobile so my cost per month is minimum so I have no complaints...if you want to play facebook games you can download photon flash app but be aware the phone is not fast.

• 2014-10-14 23:32
  • secV

my kyocera rise touch screen wont work but i can still use the keyboard i've tried turning it on and off but it still doesn't work does anyone know what i can do?

• 2014-10-08 04:08
  • 47%P

I don't recommend it. I've had this phone (2nd) for less than 6 months. I HATE IT!

• 2014-09-22 17:44
  • jBu5

is good

• 2014-09-06 18:09
  • mDfP

This is a sorry phone sometime you can't answer it because activity phone not responding..if you call someone and when you press end it calls number again this phone is more confused than me.cant wait to get another with a new network.my old flip phone was much better.kyocera rise is a dumb phone. Iu hate it and would not recommend it

• 2014-09-04 13:24
  • jBu3

This phone is terrible. The WORST phone I have ever had...This is my 3rd Kyocera Rise....they ALL start freezing and restarting, and havea major delay with EVERYTHING...all within the first month....So now mybbelief is this phone was made solely to be a rip off

• 2014-08-21 16:40
  • 4IVD

This phone is garbage. After a few months it just crashes all the time. A lot of the time it just freezes and restarts itself. Don't buy this piece of crap.

• 2014-08-05 12:24
  • q5Zd

This is the best android phone i have had and i also had issues with my first one crashing or should i say it just stopped working but i bought the warranty with walmart and they are great even though calling virgin mobile i didnt have to use the walmart warranty because it is still under warranty with virgin mobile and in 2 days i had a brand new phone with no issues except for playing the castleville legends which takes up a lot of space on any phone, other wise it is great. The only thing i keep doing is hitting the volume button so it turns the ringer off easily which sometimes isn't a bad thing lol but i recommend this phone to anyone and i paid 39.99 on sale at walmart.... it was the best choice i made

• 2014-06-22 21:31
  • j{$K

Where can I found the sim slot of a c5155 model?thank you

• 2014-04-14 08:20
  • t7V9

the batterylife sucks i thing i overcharged my bat it on last like 5 hours fully charged the hingers pop and it comes apart other then that its fine

• 2014-03-28 05:29
  • q2Mn
  • Zeeshan Karim Toront
  • Rating0

This is a great phone but some times it hangs due to excessive use of applications may be due to RAM 512 MB which is less,it should be increased, else it got no problem.
Battery has to be changes after every year or so.
I dropped it several time on roads and used it in snow and rain it works great.
Robust one

• 2014-03-14 07:11
  • sR4J

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-08-22 11:51 from Y6X6 - click to readMy phone never had any issues in Ontario! It is an excellent cheap device - my respect to Kyosera!

• 2014-03-01 23:40
  • 9JHZ

Hi, I bought this phone when it first came out. Over a year later I can't fine any thing wrong with it. I have never had any problems works great in the cold and the heat, can't count how many time I've drop it...I just love it

• 2014-02-20 21:06
  • q{2M

My daughter had this phone for almost a year before I inherited it from her. It does what it is supposed to do, has held up well under a teenager's abuse, and is working great for me. You can buy this phone for 29.99 now at Target, for Virgin Mobile. It's MUCH better than the previous phone I had. There are phones on the market that are much more expensive and do less than this one does. I definitely recommend it! BTW... if you purchase a phone at Best Buy, and say it costs 100 bucks, you can purchase a warranty for 10 bucks that covers any kind of damage, even water damage.

My daughter had a LG OPtimus Prime before this one, and she had to have it replaced twice during the year. The 2dn time they gave her this phone instead, and I am sure she didn't treat it any better, but it held up for almost a year before she gave it to me. Not bad.

• 2014-02-09 00:27
  • 7DKJ

I've used this phone for 5 months and can't say I've had any issues with it.

• 2013-12-12 13:30
  • qn2Q

This Phone Is Stupid I dropped it and it stopped working the front didnt even crack it just stop working

• 2013-12-08 01:12
  • 7yjW

This phone sucks. Battery sucks. Connection sucks everywhere. Screws fell out, now just duct taped it together. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!

• 2013-12-07 19:57
  • jBum

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-10-19 05:53 from RXsV - click to readwell that only happens when your running ti many apps or trying to do to many things at once

• 2013-11-20 20:31
  • 4Rx3
Total of 42 user reviews and opinions for Kyocera Rise C5155.