Kyocera Rise C5155 - user opinions and reviews

Kyocera

7.7
7.2
7.2

> In reply to my name mansoor @ 2015-03-02 06:46 from 0C4n - click to readU have to tale off the back where the battery is.its on the sideside

• 2015-05-11 22:44
  • FGEc

this is the worst phone I have ever owned! It freezes up all the time and I have to take the battery out and put it back in to make a phone call. It is very slow. I would not refer this phone to anyone.

• 2015-05-11 20:35
  • RdRF

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-04-30 02:02 from 9LBb - click to readNot everyone is an expert like you with phones. Unlike us, it takes a while for us to get used to some things.

• 2015-04-30 02:18
  • 9LBb

> In reply to Jon @ 2015-02-10 00:45 from kV@f - click to readare u stupid?now why would u want a phone dumber than what u have would it not make you more frustrated.think before u speak dummy

• 2015-04-30 02:08
  • 9LBb

Too bad for all of you with negative comments. This piece of Jelewry works like a baby in my country.

• 2015-04-30 02:03
  • 9LBb

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-04-12 22:16 from ftMZ - click to readi dont think the phone is the problem.its you the users that are dumb not to know how to use it lolz!!!

• 2015-04-30 02:02
  • 9LBb

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-04-12 22:16 from ftMZ - click to readThe question is:Does the phone uses a sim card?
answer:No and learn to spell please.

• 2015-04-30 01:59
  • 9LBb

das de phone uses a sim card?

• 2015-04-12 22:16
  • ftMZ

Piece of shit phone. Pretty much just stops working in general once youve had it for a certain amount of time.

• 2015-04-09 04:46
  • Ygdg

this phone is slow and uresponsive. do not buy this phone.

• 2015-03-28 02:58
  • kyFE

> In reply to NJ @ 2015-02-06 03:01 from jBuC - click to readmr
i by one phone kyocera rise c5155 what how do use gsm sime new sim how put in side the phone no palse pli tell me
my emill i send your send message ok sir iam witeng for your message
my adrese mansoordyn@yahoo.com

tanks sir

• 2015-03-02 06:46
  • 0C4n

I just had to look up the reviews on this phone after being stuck with it for about 4 months now. I'm cracking up while reading about the similar experiences "phone is more confused than I am", "slow, unresponsive, error messages on every app (INCLUDING THE PHONE)", it's bad when the phone on your phone gives you errors, it's so slow that you always hit the wrong buttons since you're usually 2 or 3 buttons ahead of it. The camera is awful beyond excuse. I got stuck with this thing when I broke my S4 and sprint had nothing to offer and very little interest with keeping my business. I just ordered another S4 now that my contract with sprint expires next week. I checked the sell back value just for grins and t-mobile will pay you a grand total of $1 for one of these used and in good condition. I look forward to gently placing this useless paperweight on a concrete slab, putting my safety glasses on, and going to work on it with a 16 lb sledge.

• 2015-02-19 22:37
  • M2Gd

Not a great phone, incapable of many apps, seems to have trouble with apps that want access to photos (i.e. snapchat).

Crashing is common, slow and unresponsive the majority of the time, battery length is short if using network or wifi.

Not a quality phone, would rather buy a 'dumber' phone than deal with this one's frustrations.

• 2015-02-10 00:45
  • kV@f

> In reply to Q. @ 2014-12-01 16:02 from sa@e - click to readThis is the most problematic phone I've ever owned. Save your money folks. Sometimes the phone doesn't even work! Multiple "is not responding" error messages on virtually every application. oulf go on and on. Even followed the trouble shooting tips. Buying a different smartphone asap!

• 2015-02-06 03:01
  • jBuC

I just need an instruction manual for this. I might be able to use it better.

• 2014-12-21 03:10
  • 4HX7

Its screen freezes constantly. I had to remove battery and put it back in order to get it run again. Sometimes, it would not turn back on for hours. If I had to use it for emergency, I would be dead. I'm buying a better phone. Kyocera Rise is terrible.

• 2014-12-01 16:02
  • sa@e

This phone is the biggest piece of crap,freezes up ,makes calls on its own,can't play music I own from sd card, in fact it can't do anything from the sd card Ihope they go out of business if this is what they offer as a top of the line phone fooey

• 2014-11-11 10:49
  • jBuP

Worst phone ever. Had it two months and the screen died. Piece of trash.

• 2014-11-11 04:42
  • EJEn

How to insert Sim

• 2014-10-27 01:58
  • siWi

I've used a Rise for about a year and a half. I'm replacing it next month with a Motorola Photon Q.

It's an indestructible little bugger. As others have commented, there's 4 small screws behind the battery cover that periodically need to be tightened with a jewelers screwdriver, or else the slider starts to flop around. Otherwise, it's very sturdy and you can really bang it around with no fear of breaking the case or screen.

Performance has been... mixed. When I first got it, it performed OK, but with every set of software updates, the core phone apps have gotten bigger and bigger, and performance has gotten more and more sluggish. The phone occasionally crashes when using some of the more heavyweight apps, like Navigation or Maps. Navigation is a guaranteed crash/reboot after 10-15 miles.

I'm forced to conclude it just isn't powerful enough to handle Android 4.x - this device should either have been sold with Android 2.3, or should have gotten an extra 512MB of ram. This is a large factor in why I'm upgrading.

• 2014-10-21 01:14
  • kZNd
Total of 61 user reviews and opinions for Kyocera Rise C5155.