LeEco's Le 2 is quite a popular smartphone with its attractive hardware and bargain price. And while the LeEco brand is gaining more popularity with each day, the manufacturer is working on some updates for its handsets.
The Le 2 is now getting its first OTA update and all Le 2 owners can download the 471MB firmware right now. The change log is quite long, but most of its novelties are squashing old bugs. Some of the new features include options to lock apps with fingerprints, very large fonts, and calendar ringtones.
The Android version remains intact at 6.0.1 Marshmallow, but the eUI jumps from v5.6 to v5.8.
If you are interested in the full update log, check it out:
- [Launcher] Fixed an issue in which duplicate icon created after downloading app from Play Store.
- [Dual Sim&Mobile Network] Fixed an issue in which SIM Name is showing ‘Card 2’ instead of the Carrier’s name.(TATA,DOCOMO)
- [Music] Fixed an issue in which there was no option to delete playlist. Fixed an issue in which delete playlist will also delete music files. Fixed an issue in which pictures in gallery can not be set as album cover. Fixed an issue in which equaliser can not be accessed from home page.
- [Sounds&vibration] Dial and virtual buttons vibration effect is stronger. Added calendar ringtone setting
- [Message] Card view message module upgraded
- [Browser] Optimised browser kernel for EUI 5.8 Added feedback entrance
- [Fingerprint&Password] Added App lock function
- [Display] Added Very large font size
- [Supermanager] Added App warehouse Added WiFi control for individual App
- [LeCloud] Fixed an issue in which “Lecloud stop running” pops up during login to Google email and Facebook.
- [BSP] Fixed an issue in which screen turns off automatically that made unlock phone is not possible. Fixed an issue in which small possibility phone froze. stability optimised. Fixed an issue in which when holding group calls the third call can not be connected. Fixed an issue in which small possibility OTA fails. Boot-up Logo updated Optimised Temperature and quick charge on oversea version.
- [Camera] Fixed an issue in which photo can not be taken when temperature is high. Fixed an issue in which camera crushes after system rebooted. Fixed an issue in which when taking 4K video for long time, video can not be saved. Optimised photo taking from locker screen.
If you've updated your Le 2 with the new firmware, feel free to share your thoughts in our comment section.
Thank you, Akhil G, for the tip!