Lenovo A690 - user opinions and reviews

Lenovo

6.3
6.1
6.0

> In reply to abog @ 2014-12-09 07:01 from YTSv - click to readhow to make a root? i haven't tried it yet so that i can install more applications

• 2014-12-17 14:06
  • U35b

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-11-13 15:56 from ij2@ - click to readHow can I clean the root?

• 2014-12-09 07:01
  • YTSv

most useless and money wasting phone. too low on internal memory that you can only install 4 apps with minimum memory of 2mb. PLEASE DO NOT BUY SUCH PHONE

• 2014-12-04 05:57
  • tCQe

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-11-05 15:59 from v0qT - click to readHi,Please try to back up your phone contacts, sms, call logs, etc by using some backup aps available in googleplay (I use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co­m.backupyourmobile) before factory reset. If you just tried factory reset from the Menu-Settings-Privacy settings-Factory data reset, then please try in recovery mode also. ie.
1.Turn off your mobile
2.Press start button & volum up/down button together
3.Press middle menu key (now you will get a menu)
4.Use Volume key to select wipe data/factory rest
5.Press left selection key and go for wiping data
6.Now come to main menu and select wipe cache partition and press left select key
7. finally select reboot system now from the main menu.
This process should clear your problem. If it does not work, please
1.use kingo root to root your phone. This application is very safe.
2. Please install Root cleaner (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=c­om.smartprojects.RootCleaner) app.
3. Open Root cleaner and select Full cleaning. It will clean and restart your mobile.
I hope this process will help you.
(NB: Only few apps require playstore. If you have a laptop better download apps via laptop. play store takes more memory.)
I use Wondershare MobileGo for Android to connect my lenovo to laptop via USB cable.

• 2014-11-13 15:56
  • ij2@

> In reply to edwing @ 2014-05-31 09:39 from utta - click to readHi, i reset a690 phone to factory default and now i am unable to launch play store. How will i fix this, i have an 8g sd card inserted on it. Do i really have to root it and how? Thanks

• 2014-11-05 15:59
  • v0qT

I have had my Lenovo a690 for 1 year and 5 months. It was a gift from my uncle, so I really didn't have any say in the brand and model.

The only good thing about this phone is that it's really sturdy. I swear, it's like the love child of a Nokia 3310 and a typical, low-grade Android phone. It has fallen far too many times than I care to count, but it's still in good working condition. Furthermore, while the screen isn't scratch resistant, there's barely a scratch on mine. However, I think this is more of a testament to how careful an owner I am than to the actual screen quality of Lenovo.

Now here comes the nasty parts: THIS. PHONE. S*CKS. To the moon and back. To the square root of infinity.

Case in point: the ROM and RAM consist of Lenovo boogers. 512mb, are you kidding me? And there are more than 30 useless. pre-installed apps that, I cannot for the life of me, uninstall. I could only download 5 lightweight apps, and every now and then, I have to delete my SMS inbox because the phone starts complaining that there's not enough storage left. It should be illegal for an Android phone to have a ROM and RAM with less than 1gb.

I have actually a mile-long list of rants, but I won't bother. Mostly because when you see this review, you'll think: "Tl;dr." And anyway, I'm planning to buy a new Android phone soon with better specs (and at the same price bracket as this one).

• 2014-10-15 10:30
  • theT

> In reply to jg @ 2014-09-14 08:16 from UD%n - click to readgo to s e t t i n g

• 2014-09-26 15:24
  • uu4v

> In reply to kash @ 2014-09-02 12:48 from vbJL - click to readby using kingo root

• 2014-09-21 09:11
  • vbJJ

how to connect lenovo a690 to wifi?

• 2014-09-14 08:16
  • UD%n

> In reply to barabass @ 2014-08-26 12:49 from vxjM - click to readhow to root it??

• 2014-09-02 12:48
  • vbJL

> In reply to kheyooo @ 2014-08-02 08:46 from uSQu - click to readHi good day!
For Lenovo A690 mobile the shutter sound can't be turned off until you root it.

• 2014-08-27 17:10
  • t7Xk

> In reply to adsmonsterr @ 2014-08-24 09:23 from uSQN - click to readyour mistake. this phone is pretty cool. root your phone, flash a custom rom (ext2sd), b4 installing the rom , partition your sd card is needed, for 4gb use 512 for ext mem, 8 gb use 1014 etc.... me i got 1014 mb in ext mem, using 8 gb sd card.

• 2014-08-26 12:49
  • vxjM

this phone is bulls#!+.. has low storage memory, i can't even install a low memory game.. so, don't buy this phone... this s#!+ ohone..

• 2014-08-24 09:23
  • uSQN

Really a waste of money. can't even install any app more than 1MB. better think a million times before buying this phone. Totally ripped off

• 2014-08-21 11:17
  • t7Xi

I would like to ask why my lenovo A690 stopped the process android.process.acore

• 2014-08-18 01:58
  • t7Xh

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-23 09:31 from 2SS6 - click to readThat grammar tho.

• 2014-08-02 19:39
  • vaN}

how can i off the shutter of the camera?..

• 2014-08-02 08:46
  • uSQu

a690 mobile
lenova battary

• 2014-07-31 17:24
  • wd8Q

> In reply to edwing @ 2014-05-31 09:39 from utta - click to readSir, I seem to have problem connecting Kingo to my mobile. how do I do this

• 2014-07-24 00:19
  • t7$T
Total of 323 user reviews and opinions for Lenovo A690.