Lenovo A690 - user opinions and reviews

Lenovo

6.3
6.1
6.0

I have had my Lenovo a690 for 1 year and 5 months. It was a gift from my uncle, so I really didn't have any say in the brand and model.

The only good thing about this phone is that it's really sturdy. I swear, it's like the love child of a Nokia 3310 and a typical, low-grade Android phone. It has fallen far too many times than I care to count, but it's still in good working condition. Furthermore, while the screen isn't scratch resistant, there's barely a scratch on mine. However, I think this is more of a testament to how careful an owner I am than to the actual screen quality of Lenovo.

Now here comes the nasty parts: THIS. PHONE. S*CKS. To the moon and back. To the square root of infinity.

Case in point: the ROM and RAM consist of Lenovo boogers. 512mb, are you kidding me? And there are more than 30 useless. pre-installed apps that, I cannot for the life of me, uninstall. I could only download 5 lightweight apps, and every now and then, I have to delete my SMS inbox because the phone starts complaining that there's not enough storage left. It should be illegal for an Android phone to have a ROM and RAM with less than 1gb.

I have actually a mile-long list of rants, but I won't bother. Mostly because when you see this review, you'll think: "Tl;dr." And anyway, I'm planning to buy a new Android phone soon with better specs (and at the same price bracket as this one).

• 2014-10-15 10:30
  • theT

> In reply to jg @ 2014-09-14 08:16 from UD%n - click to readgo to s e t t i n g

• 2014-09-26 15:24
  • uu4v

> In reply to kash @ 2014-09-02 12:48 from vbJL - click to readby using kingo root

• 2014-09-21 09:11
  • vbJJ

how to connect lenovo a690 to wifi?

• 2014-09-14 08:16
  • UD%n

> In reply to barabass @ 2014-08-26 12:49 from vxjM - click to readhow to root it??

• 2014-09-02 12:48
  • vbJL

> In reply to kheyooo @ 2014-08-02 08:46 from uSQu - click to readHi good day!
For Lenovo A690 mobile the shutter sound can't be turned off until you root it.

• 2014-08-27 17:10
  • t7Xk

> In reply to adsmonsterr @ 2014-08-24 09:23 from uSQN - click to readyour mistake. this phone is pretty cool. root your phone, flash a custom rom (ext2sd), b4 installing the rom , partition your sd card is needed, for 4gb use 512 for ext mem, 8 gb use 1014 etc.... me i got 1014 mb in ext mem, using 8 gb sd card.

• 2014-08-26 12:49
  • vxjM

this phone is bulls#!+.. has low storage memory, i can't even install a low memory game.. so, don't buy this phone... this s#!+ ohone..

• 2014-08-24 09:23
  • uSQN

Really a waste of money. can't even install any app more than 1MB. better think a million times before buying this phone. Totally ripped off

• 2014-08-21 11:17
  • t7Xi

I would like to ask why my lenovo A690 stopped the process android.process.acore

• 2014-08-18 01:58
  • t7Xh

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-23 09:31 from 2SS6 - click to readThat grammar tho.

• 2014-08-02 19:39
  • vaN}

how can i off the shutter of the camera?..

• 2014-08-02 08:46
  • uSQu

a690 mobile
lenova battary

• 2014-07-31 17:24
  • wd8Q

> In reply to edwing @ 2014-05-31 09:39 from utta - click to readSir, I seem to have problem connecting Kingo to my mobile. how do I do this

• 2014-07-24 00:19
  • t7$T

I endorse with somebody using stupid phone dont buy. Since I have no better word, I simply endorse it with regret for buying A690 lenova. It is not only this set, I recommend not buy any lenova set with the worst after sales service and service center and problem with the set. I saw several people having the problem of low storage space. I have already given my comment in economic times and times of india. can the company open their open their eyes and see what is wrong with this set.

• 2014-07-23 09:31
  • 2SS6

> In reply to yam @ 2014-05-24 09:19 from vj1R - click to readI think there is no option to turn of the camera sound.

• 2014-07-04 07:17
  • HHHH

the specs are terrible i rather buy local phone here in Philippines

• 2014-06-06 18:33
  • t7Qc

Lenovo A690 is one of the best mobiles I have ever used.
It is user friendly. It's camera is average. Blutooth, GPS, GPRS, Bluetooth etc. are excellent.
To make the phone most useful go for rooting by using Kingo Root. After rooting you can disable the camera sound (which was not possible earlier), you can remove some unnecessary apps(after backing them up with Titanium app, which you can restore later if you want)and thus can save much more space. After installing all my necessary apps (including whats app, facebook update, google map updates, adobe reader, msoffice reader, skype, dictionaries, cleaning apps, contact and sms apps, etc.) I still have around 80mb free in Lenovo A690. Highly customizable.
Offcourse there is a problem of unrecognizing phonebook contacts sometimes. Just use rootcleaner app. It will rectify this problem instantly.
I encourage people to buy this phone.
Edwin Gomez

• 2014-05-31 09:39
  • utta

> In reply to yuki @ 2014-04-24 12:03 from uSSc - click to readHow to turn off camera sounds

• 2014-05-24 09:19
  • vj1R
Total of 318 user reviews and opinions for Lenovo A690.