Lenovo A706 - user opinions and reviews

1927985

7.7
7.5
7.7

AWFUL. I absolutely regret getting this phone. At first I thought that it would be great since it was getting rave reviews here back in August. Now, all I see are negative reviews with which I totally agree with.

Problem a. Battery drains extremely fast

Problem b. Charging Pin. Of course since the battery drains fast, you'll be charging the phone twice or even thrice in a day. On that note, the charging pin is not secure at all. I now have a hard time charging my phone as the charging pin is a bit "in" the phone. I had it fixed back in December. So yeah, this is the second time I've had this problem.

Problem C. It restarts itself. And of course, with the restart, the phone's battery goes down by 10 percent.

Problem D. Sound quality goes down as time goes by. At first I was so excited because it was so loud! Give it 3 months. It won't be so loud.

Problem E. Heats up. Quickly.

I cannot wait to exchange it for a better android phone. One that has a better battery and hopefully, a better processor/

• 2014-05-06 18:46
  • t7Vi

> In reply to SAMSUDDIN @ 2013-12-15 17:41 from HjBB - click to readWe have the same problem :(

• 2014-05-05 14:23
  • wHrS

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-05-03 18:13 from theI - click to readYou can use alternate apps for Gallery app such as Quickpic (recommended) from Play Store or 4.2 gallery + camera from xda.

• 2014-05-05 04:56
  • fDHb

Help.. my camera isn't working, it always pop up "unfortunately gallery stopped" message i tried other camera app but it doesn't fix the problem... front camera is working just fine
can anyone help me please..

• 2014-05-04 15:36
  • KixI

hello guys, i have a problem about my phone,can somebody help me??

i just notice that the sound level on video recording and sound recorded is very very very very low..almost nothing...did somebody have same problem with me...pleasee...i need to know bout the solution...

Thanks u....

• 2014-05-03 22:51
  • thu9

How to fix if the pictures on my phone won't load anymore ? Even if I restarted it all the time , still , it never loads . How ? Please do help me .

• 2014-05-03 18:13
  • theI

Why does my phone switched off automatically & it on by itself every single time? Please,i need an immediate reply.

• 2014-05-03 16:50
  • tue1

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-25 08:28 from vaP@ - click to readsame as u zoom the images by two fingers u also set font size for messages.

Open any message and set size by two fingers ups or downs..

• 2014-05-03 10:39
  • vQ%6

I wasnt quite satisfied with this phone thats why I decided to get another phone from different brand. What I really didnt like about this phone is that its battery drains quickly, it heats up easily like crazy and it was definitely hard for me to deal with the screen's insensitivity and inaccuracy. Good thing this phone wasnt really that expensive.
For the future buyers: I would not basically recommend this phone wholeheartedly but if you want to try a Lenovo phone, they have good products that you might wanna get.

• 2014-05-02 18:36
  • t7%P

are lenovo make pen written dissappear because patent? firmware update make it gone.

• 2014-05-02 16:47
  • vfxa

According to me it is a good phone

• 2014-05-01 17:13
  • 2TiA

Don't use this mobile heavily bcoz if u use this mobile heavily than dis mobile will misbehave like hanging automatically switch off and it's data will also erase automatically i use dis mobile only for 2 to 3 hrs i.e net browsing, watching videos and playing games and the problems started in my mobile. A dissatisfied lenovo user

• 2014-05-01 16:19
  • U$km

> In reply to Slashy Burgers @ 2014-04-30 15:14 from P%uU - click to readWhat I meant is I turned it on and played some heavy games
And above there you can see the word coils but it is meant to be cools

• 2014-05-01 06:07
  • sxtH

You wouldn’t believe guys.
As you go deep with this phone you’ll find out that it overheats up quickly, and I’ve got the solution and you wouldn’t believe it!
I forced my phone to overheat without rest by using a Utorrent(Yeah it always overheats everytime I download files using it) Then I saw the battery life and it is 22% then I turned my phone and I rested it after a few minutes it coils down a bit then I exposed my phone to the airconditioner just for 1 minute then I rested my phone for 1 day...(Gone sleeping) After I wake up I immediately charge my phone until it became fully charged then I discharge and rested the phone for 15 minutes then I turned it off and play some heavy games and download with the torrent after those thephone never heated up that much.
I know that you don’t believe , but still try this.
(Note:The phone Heats up aftetr 15 minutes of playing games, so make it over heat just for 3-5 hours)

• 2014-04-30 15:14
  • P%uU

Its worst phone one can have. Contacts keep corrupting on its own, become uncomfortably hot if you try to use its hot spot, and its biggest problem seems its uncontrollable gravity sensor that keeps bringing up all sort of scre NHS or it can even start playing default ring tones. I purchased it but now regretting deeply. Present problem I am facing is it just changed its language and I am trying to set it back to English but unable to reach right menu or screen. My last option is to format it and spend in necessary time on it. My strong recommendation to all. Just don,t buy it. And my request to lenovo guys or whoever maintaining this site to just tell me how to switch back to English mode.

• 2014-04-30 08:37
  • X0Ka

My camera not work.... Also flash light not.... Doing screen.... Can't connect camera..... Playing Slovene me

• 2014-04-30 06:52
  • EL3w

> In reply to kalpana @ 2014-03-30 14:30 from J7T% - click to readCan u tell me d ram nd rom of dis fone.... I wnt 2 buy it

• 2014-04-28 00:06
  • v{$k

How do I update firmware to Lenovo Smart Phone A706, through my Laptop...With Regards, Solukku

• 2014-04-26 16:24
  • Lb3}

> In reply to Mics @ 2014-04-10 14:15 from 7XYv - click to readjust reset your phone, problem will solve

• 2014-04-25 10:03
  • t}x8

how to adjust font size on messaging?

• 2014-04-25 08:28
  • vaP@
Total of 1285 user reviews and opinions for Lenovo A706.