Lenovo IdeaPad A1 - user opinions and reviews

Lenovo

5.8
5.5
5.6

I bought the 7" tablet and had problems with it freezing up. I sent it back and that cost almost $60. when I got it back it worked ok but now the power port doesn't work, so I can't charge it. when i spoke with tech support they said I have to ship it back again. another $60, snd since I can't find my receipt whatever the repairs will be is on me too. please I'm begging you...set fire to your money or make paper airplanes with it, it will be more enjoyable than dealing with lenovo.

• 2013-12-03 21:21
  • 45%e

So good tablet I'm using that tablet. Don't miss the chance to buy this tablet....

• 2013-11-14 07:02
  • ibeE

It seems the COMPASS do not work.
therefore GPS tracking with direction is bit difficult

• 2013-08-22 07:40

plz help me!
GPU model!?

• 2013-03-31 15:43
  • HIka

> In reply to Smd872 @ 2013-03-07 02:45 from kI6L - click to readDid Lenovo reply to on this? Was there any offer to return with full refund?

• 2013-03-08 11:19
  • vxiM

> In reply to eshetu @ 2013-02-27 04:46 from S0u8 - click to readno it doesent.

• 2013-03-07 20:27
  • B{$j

This is the letter I sent to the company,
I want to take this time to thank your company for making me REGRET SPENDING $850 for Christmas on your product. I purchased 5 Lenovo idea A1 tablets for all of my children. We bought the three that the store hand on hand and then ordered the last 2 from the online service the store offered. From day one we had nothing but problems. Of the 2 we bought online I had to return one before I could even give it to my child. They refunded our money because you discontinued the product. Then shortly after Christmas I had to return the second one because it wouldn't work anymore either. Now I have a 3rd on that stopped working and wouldn't charge or even turn on to trouble shoot for that matter. We sent it to your repair service and received it back on Monday. It was fully charged when we received it , but now it's time to charge it again and it won't charge. So needless to say, I spent $10 to ship it back to you and you sent it back not completely fixed and I will need to send it back to you. It will cost me another $10 to ship it back. At this rate if I have to keep shipping it back. It will cost me more than the thing is worth. At this point I will never spend money on your products ever again and I will not recommend your products to anyone and I want so badly to leave bad reviews. I spent way to much money on these things for such the hassle.
Thanks for the trouble you have caused me and the trouble it will still cause me to get this thing fixed properly.

• 2013-03-07 02:45
  • kI6L

> In reply to Ghanaboy @ 2012-06-19 14:00 from fmgN - click to readDOES it support simcard

• 2013-02-27 04:46
  • S0u8

Hai i have upgraded my tab to Android 4.0.4 version by using a link - http://gleescape.com/?p=554. So Now sometimes if we touch any option it is giving a big sound. SO if i restart my tab it is working fine.So What should i do to stop this.

• 2013-02-20 23:11
  • KSe8

• 2013-02-20 23:09
  • KSe8

agreed - ICS is a savior for this tablet!! shame its not totally official, but is a lenovo ICS version - so works perfectly and is FAST!! :)

• 2013-01-12 23:47
  • 0F6a

Useless tablet !! Slow, not responding touch screen and do not compatible with many application..

• 2013-01-03 05:50
  • s%DF

> In reply to RAHUL @ 2012-10-09 14:44 from PxLR - click to readRahul. it clearly wrote on the specs sheet
( SIM : No )

• 2012-12-31 13:53
  • ib48

Personally I have the Ideapad A1, and I felt that it should be upgraded to ICS. However, officially it was not. I found a link to a website that allowed you to do so pretty easily, you can try it out - http://gleescape.com/?p=554

• 2012-10-24 14:52
  • IWQF

Tablet with no support for GSM voice communication, SMS, and MMS.

This is not a GSM device, it will not work on any GSM network worldwide.

• 2012-10-12 12:08
  • fvxW

How internet works in this tablet with SIM card or with the cord.

• 2012-10-09 14:44

how internet works in dis tab with sim card or cable... reply

• 2012-10-09 14:32

how internet works in dis tab with sim card or cable... reply

• 2012-10-09 14:30
  • PxLR

Skype Video shows your face inverted (upside down) to other person. See this thread: http://community.skype.com/t5/...6730/page/11

• 2012-10-06 18:29
  • q{RE
Total of 36 user reviews and opinions for Lenovo IdeaPad A1.