Lenovo P780 - user opinions and reviews

Lenovo

8.1
8.1
8.2

when my first time getting this phone i very like it~ it has a very long last battery and i didnt facing any lag problem but after my friend stupid advice i just update my phone version and many problem i am facing now~the internet connection will automatically disconnect anytime and my phone become very lag ~ the most important problem is i facing is i nid a very long time to unlock my screen~ i didnt update it to the newest version yet because i scare it will become worst ~ i nid someone advise should i update it or not? i very sorry for my bad english thank you

• 2014-11-21 00:56
  • IWHG

Lenovo please give downgrade to jb. I am checking the update a lot of timrs in a day. Plzzzzzzzzz

• 2014-11-19 17:09
  • rAfs

Lonovo please consider the value of our money. Its my kind request to make a downgrade to jellybean. The phone is superb except kitkat update. Please please please give downgrade to jellybean. Dont make people to leave lenovo

• 2014-11-19 17:00
  • rAfs

> In reply to DeusEx @ 2014-11-17 12:19 from 7XrF - click to readphone already has kitkat update....

• 2014-11-19 06:15
  • tE}D

> In reply to Nirav Vaidya @ 2014-11-18 12:31 from tUYL - click to readas per consumer court norma and laws you can demand letter for replacement if you dont get device within 1 month..but process is long so ppl usually dnt go with it..i suggest you make a group of cstmrs who are harressed by ths service go to service center bfre 30 mints of its closing time and tell them ypu all will not leave service center unless you get service. This method works i did this for my samsung..we made a grp of 5 ppl nd didnt left service center till 7:30 timing of sevce cntre is upto 6...then they allotted us replacmnt letter at 8 pm.

• 2014-11-19 04:56
  • Xu@L

I Purchased this phone for its promised long battery life although the sound quality and looks were a compromise from day one .

Still worse is their lenovo service experience in India . My phone started dropping both the carriers signals and so I deposited it on the 31st October for repair with their service centre in Navi Mumbai .

After 12 days the franchisee Service Centre thew up their hands in dispair since lenovo wont delvier parts !!

It was a nightmare to get through their call centre. Wrote emails and finally wrote to their ED in charge of Services . Received Sugarcoated emails but you bet work did not get done

As write this review on the 18th Nov the Service centre has not even been provided the parts .

And the mostdisappointing part is there is no procedure or benchmark in place as to what must be done if a phone cannot be repaired in a given time .

No clarity on replacement / Refunds .

NEVER EVERY BUY A LENOVO Phone!

• 2014-11-18 12:31
  • tUYL

Any news on a stable firmware update for the p780? I'm starting to regret getting this phone.I thought kitkat would be ready for this hone much like on the lenovo s930.

• 2014-11-17 12:19
  • 7XrF

Phone is superb but call charges not displaying. How to solve the problem

• 2014-11-16 15:31
  • rAf6

> In reply to kalyan @ 2014-11-10 06:27 from 7j}6 - click to readDear why you want Telgu language. Hindi or English already in market.

• 2014-11-16 11:46
  • utsG

lenovo team can you make a OTA downgrade to jelly bean so that we can choose what OS is better for our devices without rooting

• 2014-11-16 00:51
  • t7Xh

Updated to kitkat, phone become slower. Got dead pixel everywhere. Camera quality, just half from its real pixel. Only battery the best part of this phone.

• 2014-11-15 14:44
  • 6{9C

> In reply to needy boy @ 2014-11-12 11:50 from 7wCv - click to readyou either have to root your phone and flash the JB version of your ROM or go to your nearest lenovo service center and have them downgrade your p780 for you.

chack xda-developers for more info on your problem.

• 2014-11-12 18:08
  • 7Xsj

still waiting for a stable kitkat update from lenovo. been reading on it in the lenovo forums and firmware updates since the kitkat build has been numerous to say the least.

each update solves one problem but adds another two.

get your act together, lenovo! you make awesome computers, why can't you apply that same gusto on your mobile devices. pc's are the past and mobile is the future. get your priorities straight or you'll end up like dell, hp et. al.

• 2014-11-12 18:04
  • 7Xsj

I want to jelly been plz help me my phone has kit kat n I m batting problems plzzzzz help me

• 2014-11-12 11:50
  • 7wCv

Recently I purchased Lenovo p780 I can't able to view Telugu language, tell me how to clear this problem

• 2014-11-10 06:27
  • 7j}6

> In reply to milan @ 2014-11-06 18:20 from Xu@x - click to readI also tried this.. But nothing happened... This phone is a total waste of money , except battery life.

• 2014-11-09 18:11
  • Hs87

This phone has no embedded dual SIM widget (switch on/off), as all other dual SIM phones (as far as I know), which defeats the purpose of having two cards for most of us. That's why I suggest downloading Dual SIM Switch Widget from Google Play. It's free and, as of now, has data widget.

• 2014-11-09 16:03
  • JF4j

I have been using lenovo P780 since october 2013 up until now, this mobile so far I can say the best of all. In term of price is affordable in its class. The longest battery hours ( even though it is not listed in any web site for its longest battery ). I don't ugrade to kit kat (4.4) because it takes a lot of memory and its performance is slower. So I just stick to jelly bean (4.2) which works best. Camera is ok with its preinstalled applications which is quite ok. The OS, apps and overall performance of this mobile phone are tremendously ok.

The most important is, its battery which none could compare and no company as dare as Lenovo to do that. Kudos to Lenovo!

• 2014-11-09 05:09
  • uC3e

• 2014-11-08 18:10
  • t7Xk
Total of 2697 user reviews and opinions for Lenovo P780.