Lenovo P780 - user opinions and reviews

Lenovo

8.0
8.0
8.1

Battery drains faster in this phone if you calibrate it using lenovo power..

• 2015-04-12 16:16
  • XuZS

> In reply to sach @ 2015-03-03 16:03 from tUpb - click to readI am facing same issue from last couple of months so upgraded to kitkat. But still facing same network issue.

Visited to service center, they downgraded to jellybean but same issue.
Please let me know the solution.

• 2015-04-11 09:34
  • u18Z

Lenovo please change the software atleast provide downgrade not asking for upgrade this is worst combination i had seen for a phone and software it was been restarting daily once

• 2015-04-09 21:14
  • PVdc

Never ever buy the hell phone.

Only battery is good.

Can't update Kitkat if you do then gone.

No USSD messages

Hang & Restart

They will never replace once purchade date is more than 7 days.

Customer care service also like Chineese

• 2015-04-08 21:06
  • vGQP

do the back cover of lenovo s850 have any special features? it is different than other covers and bit interesting..do anyone have any idea.?

• 2015-04-07 11:01
  • uu%K

> In reply to joaocarlos @ 2015-04-03 16:55 from JtK3 - click to readIts not like that my bro,,, just restart it frequently, switch it off for atleast 2hrs a day, if you have upgraded to Kitkat then follow these,, Master reset it,, do a half a dozen restarts, if signal drops then go to sim management just turn off both sims, and activate them after a couple of minutes. No problem with my phone even after upgraded to KItkat just a bit less battery back up. But specs are awesome. if you wish follow my tips and you will not be sad.

• 2015-04-06 19:49
  • ut2i

The phone is 7/10 on kitkat.

+'ves
1. Good battery life

2. Good for gaming, mostly bcuz
Of battery not performance but games
like real racing and injustuce run
without any lag

-'ves
1. Kitkat has some glitches

2. Bad reception outside of town

3. I just hate the custom skinned rom,
Annoying to look at. Wish there was
Cyanogenmod for this device :( also
hate kitkat, gingerbread is the boss
no issues in any app unlike kk

• 2015-04-05 00:05
  • Q$N7

> In reply to assscz @ 2015-03-19 09:29 from SeWU - click to readWhere do You live?

• 2015-04-03 16:57
  • JtK3

> In reply to Mrkoool @ 2015-03-26 18:49 from ut2a - click to readYou're lucky I live in Brazil and I took a bad phone.

• 2015-04-03 16:55
  • JtK3

hey friends what's difference between 4.2 and 4.2.1? which is more stable?

• 2015-04-02 06:56
  • XuZJ

Just downloaded KitKat 4.4 now can't use my camera pls help

• 2015-04-01 11:32
  • ibjN

Jellybean runs well on P780. But after Kitkat 4.4.2 update phone got slow, Contact Manager takes too long to load. Bad update. Lenovo developers should fix it.

• 2015-03-31 21:46
  • bC6D

> In reply to vicky @ 2015-03-11 01:07 from XuZ{ - click to readWhere will I find a new motherboard, to solve this problem?

• 2015-03-30 22:54
  • Pk6R

I agree, the unit has a poor reception but the wi-fi is great.E the battery is very good.

• 2015-03-30 22:36
  • Pk6R

Lenovo p780 has awesome battery life and charges quickly. The only problem is the low reception it has but at least u get around two bars enough to make calls

• 2015-03-30 13:28
  • Q$N7

Listen guys,,, am a lover of my lenny p780 and i always wanted to upgrade it to Kitkat. After reading lots and lots of negative feedback i din't upgraded it. But Last week I dared to upgrade it, i took out the sim and memory card as there were no imp except whatsapp and some other miscellaneous junk. I upgraded from jellybean to Kitkat s228,, and then i master reset it, and inserted my sim and sd card,,, have done some half dozen restarts,,, this update is really working for me. Every thing is so fine that all these days i was misguided by negative reviews. now am on 4.4.2 kitkat. and use Nova Launcher. Battery lasts for 1 and a half day no matter how i use it. and camera takes good pics compared to JB, but issues with a bit of slight heating other than that no issues. Later on updates might solve this. Batter would last for two complete days in JB now lasts for a one and half day. Many many good features are added i just love it and changed my mind of replacing it and buy Samsung A7. few cons like Front facing camera which is worse not for selfies but for only video calling, very very slight heating near the ear piece, and battery backup decreased a bit, Hope in next update these all things would be solved .thanks to the Lenovo team. Do not believe in negative reviews. Mine is 8gb version. Indian Row.

• 2015-03-26 18:49
  • ut2a
  • F

Hi friend,my name is Love Zambre I'm lenovo user my leonov p780 is redculas phone.it have many problems like netwot, chargeing issues, hang.i was purchased this phone last 5month ago. I am very disappointed for this phone . customer care is not responding me properly.last month customers care told me we are changing motherboard(23/02/2015.submit date).He taking 1 month and todtoday (25/03/2015) my phone is not display me anything. I was go to authorities customer care(fourtech computer,pune) care he told me we can changed again motherboard. Its very fuking of.
My suggestions is to my all unknown friends don't purchase this phone.
Thanku you
lovezambre@yahoo.com

• 2015-03-25 18:49
  • rAU2

Seems most of the problem stems from what country you're in. Hardware that is? Seems India gets most of the bad batch of lenovo phones. Already had 4 lenovos and so far (knock on wood), I've had no problems coming from a factory defect. Although customer service sucks! When you email them, you only get an automated response. Beyond that...NOTHING. As if they've fallen off the face of the planet or something. Tried contacting them via G+, Twitter and Facebook aside from emailing them a few times but no response. It's as if all your communiqué is being routed to the spam folder and automatically deleted.

Anyway, customer service aside, lenovo hardware seems to b slow to "getting there". They seem to be sticking to the low to mid end segment of the market. No follow up on the p-series. No consistency on flagship models. And lenovo seems deftly afraid of using 1080p on their midrange devices even though it should have one. Compare those to other models.

I guess what I'm saying, this would be my last lenovo mobile (after k900 then s930 and a536). After sales service, comparatively low specs for the price and other brands, software (although they've improve significantly after KitKat) and hardware limitations. Seems lenovo should stick to making PC's and tablets instead of mobiles where they truly excel.

Just my thoughts.

• 2015-03-23 08:18
  • 7XrH

the front camera shoots 1 megapixel pictures and takes VGA videos.

• 2015-03-22 18:09
  • 7Xr4

Are you sure that the p780 can support 64GB microSD cards? I really want to upgrade from 32GB. What ROM are you using? I'm using s226.

• 2015-03-21 13:38
  • 7Xr4
Total of 2896 user reviews and opinions for Lenovo P780.