Lenovo P780 - user opinions and reviews

Lenovo

8.0
8.0
8.1

hey friends what's difference between 4.2 and 4.2.1? which is more stable?

• 2015-04-02 06:56
  • XuZJ

Just downloaded KitKat 4.4 now can't use my camera pls help

• 2015-04-01 11:32
  • ibjN

Jellybean runs well on P780. But after Kitkat 4.4.2 update phone got slow, Contact Manager takes too long to load. Bad update. Lenovo developers should fix it.

• 2015-03-31 21:46
  • bC6D

> In reply to vicky @ 2015-03-11 01:07 from XuZ{ - click to readWhere will I find a new motherboard, to solve this problem?

• 2015-03-30 22:54
  • Pk6R

I agree, the unit has a poor reception but the wi-fi is great.E the battery is very good.

• 2015-03-30 22:36
  • Pk6R

Lenovo p780 has awesome battery life and charges quickly. The only problem is the low reception it has but at least u get around two bars enough to make calls

• 2015-03-30 13:28
  • Q$N7

Listen guys,,, am a lover of my lenny p780 and i always wanted to upgrade it to Kitkat. After reading lots and lots of negative feedback i din't upgraded it. But Last week I dared to upgrade it, i took out the sim and memory card as there were no imp except whatsapp and some other miscellaneous junk. I upgraded from jellybean to Kitkat s228,, and then i master reset it, and inserted my sim and sd card,,, have done some half dozen restarts,,, this update is really working for me. Every thing is so fine that all these days i was misguided by negative reviews. now am on 4.4.2 kitkat. and use Nova Launcher. Battery lasts for 1 and a half day no matter how i use it. and camera takes good pics compared to JB, but issues with a bit of slight heating other than that no issues. Later on updates might solve this. Batter would last for two complete days in JB now lasts for a one and half day. Many many good features are added i just love it and changed my mind of replacing it and buy Samsung A7. few cons like Front facing camera which is worse not for selfies but for only video calling, very very slight heating near the ear piece, and battery backup decreased a bit, Hope in next update these all things would be solved .thanks to the Lenovo team. Do not believe in negative reviews. Mine is 8gb version. Indian Row.

• 2015-03-26 18:49
  • ut2a
  • F

Hi friend,my name is Love Zambre I'm lenovo user my leonov p780 is redculas phone.it have many problems like netwot, chargeing issues, hang.i was purchased this phone last 5month ago. I am very disappointed for this phone . customer care is not responding me properly.last month customers care told me we are changing motherboard(23/02/2015.submit date).He taking 1 month and todtoday (25/03/2015) my phone is not display me anything. I was go to authorities customer care(fourtech computer,pune) care he told me we can changed again motherboard. Its very fuking of.
My suggestions is to my all unknown friends don't purchase this phone.
Thanku you
lovezambre@yahoo.com

• 2015-03-25 18:49
  • rAU2

Seems most of the problem stems from what country you're in. Hardware that is? Seems India gets most of the bad batch of lenovo phones. Already had 4 lenovos and so far (knock on wood), I've had no problems coming from a factory defect. Although customer service sucks! When you email them, you only get an automated response. Beyond that...NOTHING. As if they've fallen off the face of the planet or something. Tried contacting them via G+, Twitter and Facebook aside from emailing them a few times but no response. It's as if all your communiqué is being routed to the spam folder and automatically deleted.

Anyway, customer service aside, lenovo hardware seems to b slow to "getting there". They seem to be sticking to the low to mid end segment of the market. No follow up on the p-series. No consistency on flagship models. And lenovo seems deftly afraid of using 1080p on their midrange devices even though it should have one. Compare those to other models.

I guess what I'm saying, this would be my last lenovo mobile (after k900 then s930 and a536). After sales service, comparatively low specs for the price and other brands, software (although they've improve significantly after KitKat) and hardware limitations. Seems lenovo should stick to making PC's and tablets instead of mobiles where they truly excel.

Just my thoughts.

• 2015-03-23 08:18
  • 7XrH

the front camera shoots 1 megapixel pictures and takes VGA videos.

• 2015-03-22 18:09
  • 7Xr4

Are you sure that the p780 can support 64GB microSD cards? I really want to upgrade from 32GB. What ROM are you using? I'm using s226.

• 2015-03-21 13:38
  • 7Xr4

was got when I got it camers now totaaly slow and lagging phone even with Nova launcher. The processor dont have power

• 2015-03-21 10:04
  • p7aG
  • HappyUSer (Singapore
  • Rating0

Just bought the phone online:
With Singapore's telecom coverage, I do not have any issues with 3g network.

Review
1 - Phone was lagging, too many bloat wares installed. Example 4 Browsers, Dolphin, Opera, Chrome, Baidu.
Solution: Root + uninstall all bloat wares, install NOVA Launcher instead of using the LenovoLauncher.

2 - Install Greenify, Hibernate all other apps with I dont normally use.

End result :
A very smooth phone with no problems at all.

• 2015-03-20 04:47
  • 2Irh

Hi, I am using this phone since Jan 2014. In My immediate group 4 others are using this handset (1 4gb + 3 8gb + mine 8gb). Only the 4 gb handset performs slow now, otherwise all of us are extremely happy. All phones are on s228 rom. We all swear by this smartphone, as it gives all basic features and apps(office, doc and card scanner) that are actually useable in real life. It has a stellar battery back up. So u can use these features day in and day out, charge ur friends mobile and still have some juice left. Slim and elegant looking. Build quality is also gr8 as all handsets have been dropped quite a few times and have survived. One with broken screen set us back by Rs. 3200(not Lenovo service centre) which I guess is OK. No signal problems as compared with other brand handsets. Camera, screen resolution are decent and so is the sound from the speakerphone(ring and music). All in all P780 is (was, when it was launched) an excellent choice for the price(I bought mine for 17900).

I also have experienced pure vanilla 4.4.2 KitKat on Moto e and Moto g2, which IMO is a lot faster than a launcher loaded onto the OS as is the case with Lenovo.

• 2015-03-19 16:45
  • 95YA

Really great phone, have been using it for 2 years.

Best battery ever. Using phone daily as navigation which can last 8-9 hours without charging.

- cons = rom memory could be larger.

• 2015-03-19 09:29
  • SeWU

> In reply to Mrkoool @ 2015-03-17 18:40 from ut2X - click to readSss, I have done it and now everything works good except battery it lasts one day, no restart, no lag, no signal drop.....

• 2015-03-18 08:08
  • uvur

> In reply to Sarvesh M.C @ 2015-02-27 16:28 from uvmD - click to readis everything ok after upgrading to s228 and formatting the phone, is the performance better like Jelly Bean os.? pls reply thanks in adv.

• 2015-03-17 18:40
  • ut2X

Hi friends,, i am using this phone since last 1 and half year ,, there is no such issue as u r discussing , if u upgrade this to kIT KAT then the problem start.. so my dear user get it back to jeally bean,, because it is up-gradable only by software, but its hardware not configured with KITKAT thats why we are facing such problem... company make software first then they design hardware accordingly...

• 2015-03-17 13:33
  • utty

> In reply to vicky @ 2015-03-11 01:07 from XuZ{ - click to readHi i would like to know where you stay as i have filled case against lenovo and i want everyone to fill case against them .Its their fault that their PCB is not suitable to climate they are making as to pay and i want such companies to be banned in india

• 2015-03-15 07:51
  • sSKk

Lenovo is trying to fool indian customers.The PCB is not suitable for India's climate not only that ,they don't even provide replacement even after knowing this fact.They are just trying to cheat customers.Before buying lenovo handset i would recommended you to go and sit in their gallery where u will find all PCB fault and other brands are good than this

• 2015-03-15 07:48
  • sSKB
Total of 2907 user reviews and opinions for Lenovo P780.