Lenovo P780 - user opinions and reviews

Lenovo

8.0
8.1
8.1

got the mother board changed from the service center the sound is still low as before cannot hear in crowded places besides this when i select the option about phone gives me an option to upgrade the software of the phone now i have the version S123 worried in case if i upgrade it should not start with something else like a new problem don't know what to do with this phone signal issue is also not resolved as expected even after change in mother board shows 2 signal bars

• 2015-05-12 17:19
  • XNtq

problem with network unless i restart.Pls fix it.

• 2015-05-12 14:19
  • NuPG

I can say never buy this phone. Although battery is good but there are many -ve points .
SIM not detected in this phone some time from service center they told me that processor needs to be changed.
After that i got the problem of hang ,automatic restart 10-15 times a day, and phone not changing :(
this is my worse experience with lenovo smart phone i suggest not to buy this phone.

• 2015-05-12 03:34
  • KAmc

Sir In lenovo P780 is good smartphone but the sound off calling is not satisfy this is less

• 2015-05-08 10:24
  • KAet

Not getting heated even continuous play of 1 hr.

Massive battery of 4000 mAh. Its like an inbuilt dual battery. Giving me backup of whole day with calls, whatsapp, games and all. I am a fan of COC. So u can understand about continuous use of GPRS.

Good display with great brightness so no probs even in sunlight

Quad core 1.2 Ghz processor with 1 GB ram is enough for easily handling any heavy app.

Both camera qualities is good fir pics even in low light.

M a frequent phone changer but m using this phone since a year and not yet wished to change this.

Lenovo is doing great job especially in battery backup.

• 2015-05-06 17:39
  • X0BU

Can magnetics case (not flip cover but belt pouch) damage this phone or any of its functionality due to magnets on that case?
I felt it is affection my camera....is it true?

• 2015-05-06 13:25
  • XuZ{

> In reply to Amarsinghgautam @ 2015-05-04 11:18 from vGA9 - click to readIf you are getting replacement ..warranty of device starts on that day...old purchase date is void...as per consumer protection law company/ retailer has to give you new bill with new date alone with new model.

• 2015-05-06 13:23
  • XuZ{

When Im update to kitkat..my problem is,that phone always hangs..like 3 @ 4 times in once day when im play coc,i dont know what happen..

• 2015-05-05 18:05
  • TSNP

Eagerly waiting for Lollipop update,,,,

• 2015-05-05 12:47
  • ut2b

> In reply to sana @ 2015-04-27 11:20 from rxi8 - click to readI had bought Lenovo P780 on 7th May 2014, till 4th April 2015, i have to visit lenovo service centre for 5 time...for problems like voice, hanging, network failure...etc...all the time they returned to me after 15-20 days saying that now ur phone is ok...but last time on 4th April 2015, when i submited my phone and i fighted with there customer care executive lots on email and on phone,, they agreed to provide me replacement with S860 but on 6th may my warranty period will get over, so again i fighted for extended warranty...after lots of fighting they agreed to provide me 3 months extension warranty...but till today (4th May'2015, neither I had received my replaced phone nor any update...still hopeless and there is no response from Lenovo service support...and the service provider of Lenovo is HCL and they are pathetic...very bad behaviour from HCL ...and Lenovo is silent, not responding..very poor product and poor after sales support.. never buy Lenovo....any product...

• 2015-05-04 11:18
  • vGA9

You might as well throw the money into a dustbin than buying this hopeless piece

absolutely unreliable , crap software and third rate service

• 2015-05-04 10:42
  • Kxxb
  • Dr. Prashant ramteke
  • Rating0

worst handset, troubled me a lot because of poor network connectivity.. even worst on that customer service... i submitted twice in the service centre....but the problem does'nt solve yet.

• 2015-05-03 18:58
  • YUMF

I have purchased the set about 10 months back and it performing well other than reducing volume of microphone during incoming and outgoing calls.Now-a-days the problem has become acute and receiver always complain that volume of my outgoing call reduces abruptly during a call and they does not able to hair my conversation.It is not known to me how the problem can be resolved.
Parimal Kanti Das

• 2015-05-02 12:11
  • U2dh

Hi I used the P780 for about 11 months with lot of call problems and low 3G connectivity in India as compared to my pther smartphones. After 11 months, the P780 would just drop the call or even after showing the network signal on the screen, i could not make the outgoing calls nor receive incoming calls. When I contacted the service centre, they replaced the mother board within 20 days and my warantee got over. After testing for 7 days, I found the same problem in the new mother board replaced by LENOVO!!! I was Shocked and surprised. I complained to the service centre and they wanted to replace the mother board again but now for a price of US$150 (approx. Indian Rupees 9000).
Lenovo phones have this problem of very low connectivity over calls and data. I read some reviews on P70 and understand the newer mobiles have same problem. Lenovo requires to address this issue immediately and rectify the same.

• 2015-05-01 14:27
  • KhwC

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-04-18 17:14 from XuZK - click to readYour Battery is working fine.I get Two days battery backup with moderate usage.i.e with data connection(for social networks),calls,music.
To improve your battery:
Try Calibration charging all the time.
Never Use the mobile below 15% charge
Stop using the mobile for sometimes if battery gets heated up a little.

• 2015-05-01 06:48
  • uwCG

lenovo p780 if it drops down then sure shot 8k loss.. the touch nd display in this phone is combined. if u give it in lenovo service centre they charge 8.5k for touch n display same stuff in grey market it around 3k. secondly i advice all the p780 user to but glass screen guard which has newly come in market.. 100% paisa wasool guard.. its saves ur touch to get cracked when dropped. the price for glass screen guard is around 175/- to 250/- rs

• 2015-04-28 22:11
  • rxiG

Never ever buy Lenovo P780 it gives so much of problem with wife and slow and too much heat phone and hangs lot..... Pathetic service..... Please never purchase LENOVO....

• 2015-04-28 20:49
  • wpiW

" DO NOT BUY LENOVO brands".
I too also facing sim card detection problem, this problem is faced after updating the software to kitkat 4.4.2 , it is purely software issue which could not be solved by LENOVO. Do Not Buy any of LENOVO Brand phones. Customer support is very poor. Onetouch service center in Bnagalore is managed by HCL and is always crowded with LENOVO complaints, almost as I observed there were 80-90 complaints a day. Onetouch service center in Bnagalore unable to handle the customers, Simply they say it is board issue , suggest to change board which will cost you 60-70% of your phone cost. Practically your mobile cost may be equal to high end I-phone or Samsung.

Hello google look into the matter instruct LENOVO to resolve the ISSUE".

" DO NOT BUY LENOVO brands".

• 2015-04-27 11:20
  • rxi8

Heavy, slippery and very slow. Prone to substantial lag and reboots automatically or freezes at least once a day.

Battery life its only saving grace.

• 2015-04-27 07:27
  • JyFJ

I have a lenove p780 an it fell down on the floo an the touch part get spoil.how i can i get it, i am in nigeria kano state.

• 2015-04-27 00:19
  • ftKb
Total of 2957 user reviews and opinions for Lenovo P780.