Lenovo P780 - user opinions and reviews

Lenovo

8.0
8.1
8.1

tried hard reset no resolution since yesterday no signal at all 10 times have done a reboot reset no change at all - lost important calls because of the ph when tried sim in a friends ph everything was working fine i dont know now how much time after booking the ph the service center will take all started after the latest update also ear speaker voice has become so low that when i pick up the call have to activate the speaker fed up with the ph will sell it off once gets fixed

• 2015-04-22 15:12
  • XNtq

i been using this phone for a year everything is good never encounter a problem.. this phone is a great buy. ive been using the 8 gig version . no problem after kitkat upgrade. no heating issue. those who encounter problems it maybe 1 in a 1m unit defective but i assure you that this phone is a great buy. one charge i use it for 4 days moderate to heavy use .

• 2015-04-22 13:43
  • PT}x

I have been using this phone for the past one year, except battery nothing id better in this phone... Nearly visited 8 times to service center @ Chennai from the date purchased and changd phone board twice,very pathetic phone..
Major issues are network, signal, low ear noise, less speed....
Not worth for the money....

• 2015-04-19 17:37
  • bCHP

All lies info about battery.
Single Sim, brightness minimum constant use 15 hours..
Single Sim, minimum brightness, data on for about 3 to 4 hours a day battery lasts 56 hours.
Single Sim data constant on (utility 3 or 4 hours a day) battery lasts 48 hours.

1 year uses...

• 2015-04-19 12:26
  • Xu@R

hey friends this phone is awsome but its battery backup is very poor

• 2015-04-18 20:40
  • v{%b

> In reply to SGmom @ 2014-11-27 08:21 from PB8Y - click to readYou dropped the phone and blaming lenovo ..lol...kindly use sum sense of what you are posting...warranty are only on manufacturing defect and not defect caused by mishandling...using it sence 1 year..no problem yet..

• 2015-04-18 19:18
  • 2SW{

Hey friends..pls help me...full charging takes 3 hours.
I'm getting battery backup for 2 days with net on and brightness minimum..is my battery OK or shal I change it?

• 2015-04-18 17:14
  • XuZK

The lenovo for features is good enough. But you have to try to online games. You have to play about 1 hours or more. I'm sure you can see letter......

• 2015-04-18 12:24
  • tDMa

I have been using it for more than 8 months..Its quite good..the battery life is excellent but...I would advice the buyers to not allow the battery to drain below 30% ...then the apps become too slow..sometimes the set hangs..

• 2015-04-18 09:50
  • t1$x

Hey friends..need help..using it from year..battery backup 2 days with internet always connected and brightness is minimum..is it OK or shall I replace battery?pls suggest.

• 2015-04-18 09:08
  • Xu@A

> In reply to SHANUS @ 2015-04-15 19:42 from KhuW - click to readHi Shanun.Where did you buy your lenovo P780? I'm planning to buy but I got discourage by so many negative comments like easily gets hang, poor memory storage,shuts down while using etc. Did you experience it too?

• 2015-04-17 05:40
  • 7Xc4

Hi, Friends..i am using this phone about a week...i didn't face any problems..i love this phone...and i am getting 2 days battery backup with a single charge...i upgrade it to KK...mine is 8GB...no any heating or signal problems...camera is supperrr...I read the negative comments of this phone and i realise that every branded company phones also has so many problems...not only lenovo...even samsung,sony,htc...etc..friends..if u update to kitkate...first you should master reset it...first switch off the phone...then press and hold the vol up and dn key together...dont release it...then press the power key until the display comes...then u can wipe data...after that u can reboot the phone...n enjoy it....have a nice day...

• 2015-04-15 19:42
  • KhuW

> In reply to p780 dude @ 2015-04-05 00:05 from Q$N7 - click to readIf you don't like the lenovo skin get a launcher instead. I myself, am using nova launcher.

About GB, if you remember, GB had so much updates back in the day because it was buggy as hell! KK seems to have taken a misstep on this phone, not because of Google or AOSP but the idiots at lenovo who were assigned to portKK on this phone. KKis quite good and stable as I experienced first hand on previous lenovo phone particularly the s930 which when I got it was in JB and had an OTA to KK without any ill effects. It's just the OEM developers who are messing it up. I bet, if you could port stock Google Android on this, it won't have the problems as encountered by so many users.

• 2015-04-12 20:14
  • 7Xsk

> In reply to Mrkoool @ 2015-03-26 18:49 from ut2a - click to readWhen I upgraded, I didn't remove my SIM and memory card nor did any resets except what the system did. It had no effect whatsoever on my cards. Also, my battery life wasn't affected. Still getting 2 days worth.

• 2015-04-12 20:03
  • 7Xsk

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-04-07 11:01 from uu%K - click to readNo. Nothing special. Just a plain old metal cover. I bought a new one from their service center here in the Philippines and judging by the look and feel of it (aside from the rubber insert), nothing's special about the plate. Sorry.

• 2015-04-12 19:50
  • 7Xsk

I just updated to s228 firmware a week ago and I must admit, it's as trouble free as the the first time I jumped to s226 (I skipped the previous update prior to s226 and did the same with s228). Aside from the stupid decision of lenovo of not including their previous "backup and restore" app, (which I was furiously insisted by the system prior to upgrade form JB to KK that I use the said app. Now I can't retrieve my old SMS trapped in the blamed dead app) everything's peachy. No mods needed. No network, signal, battery or notification problems as stated in the previous posts. Granted I got this bnew last November (8GB) but it has a 2013 production date it hasn't suffered any ill effects as numerously mentioned. Knock on wood! I hope lenovo stops KK development and focus on getting lollipop right on this machine instead. Even though this will be my last lenovo (nay, all chinese) branded phone. I'm sticking with Japanese, Korean and Taiwanese brands for all my android and PC needs, thank you very much!

• 2015-04-12 19:46
  • 7Xsk

Battery drains faster in this phone if you calibrate it using lenovo power..

• 2015-04-12 16:16
  • XuZS

> In reply to sach @ 2015-03-03 16:03 from tUpb - click to readI am facing same issue from last couple of months so upgraded to kitkat. But still facing same network issue.

Visited to service center, they downgraded to jellybean but same issue.
Please let me know the solution.

• 2015-04-11 09:34
  • u18Z

Lenovo please change the software atleast provide downgrade not asking for upgrade this is worst combination i had seen for a phone and software it was been restarting daily once

• 2015-04-09 21:14
  • PVdc

Never ever buy the hell phone.

Only battery is good.

Can't update Kitkat if you do then gone.

No USSD messages

Hang & Restart

They will never replace once purchade date is more than 7 days.

Customer care service also like Chineese

• 2015-04-08 21:06
  • vGQP
Total of 2932 user reviews and opinions for Lenovo P780.