Hello All. I purchased this phone on 30th May. There are lot of positive things about the phone
1. Battery back up - once i charge it 100% it easily last for one and half days with extensive use of Youtube, wifi, games, songs, whatsapp etc. No doubt the battery life is awesome
2. 8 GB memory with 4 gb for apps and 4 gb for user is enough for most of the apps.
3. display is ok
4. camera at 8 mp is really good even for taking pictures in dark
5. supports my 32 gb external memory card
1. at times the unit heats up while charging. anyone else also facing the same issue.
2. the sim has some problem. i don't know weather its a sim issue or a set issue. anyone else faced issue with low sound or other sim related issue
How to check maxis credit balance? my phone are not working on it.
sasha, 17 Jun 2014hey guys, plz can u tell me about its 3g connectivity? I know it provides 3g on one sim bu... moreAs long as I know, it depends your signal provider whether the 3G always availability/on. At the top screen of my P780 always shown 3G , in the other hand sometimes 3G or H+ at the top's little font (beside the 3G shown).
hello. I have been using Lenovo P780 for something and its got it sides. Noticeable is the battery backup. Its reflective screen in light isn't much of a problem. Go for it if you want to. Camera , speed, 3G works fine. Lenovo UI is great. But the problem is the phone is in Chinese, updates and mos apps, and u seem not to be able to install Google Play Services. any one with help on that?
I Picked up one from authorized Lenovo store "thedostore.com" and it does not seem to have gorilla glass !
Elrich, 18 Jun 2014I want to purchase this phone is it upgradeable to kitkat.Ssss and very soon
I purchased the P780 a few weeks ago. Although I'm happy with the phone there are a few glitches that I cannot seem to find a solution to.
1. Any images or audio files put on the external memory card are not shown in the super gallery photo viewer or google music player.
2. I have selected the external memory card as the default write disk. All the data (Whatsapp downloaded images, videos, etc, documents downloaded from the web browser) are stored on the memory card, but they cannot be seen on the photo viewers or music players etc. If I default the writing disk to the internal memory card, none of my apps installed on the external card are shown in the menu.
Is there any solution to this problem? If not, just tell me. I'll stop looking for the solution and get on with using it as is.
plz can u tell me about its 3g connectivity?
I know it provides 3g on one sim but is it good and continuous?
I am a heavy 3g user so plz reply asap as I am planning to buy this phone.
kindly suggest, my lenovo P780 misfunctions sometimes, dont know the reason. please suggest
noobs, 16 Jun 2014hi.. need help please, this morning i find my phone was locked due to too many pattern unlock ... moreyes you will need to have internet connection for this , i am not sure what if your wifi or 3g data switches are off you will have to recover pattern by forget pattern option which will send new pattern to your gmail
hi.. need help please, this morning i find my phone was locked due to too many pattern unlock attempt and now the phone is asking my phone is asking me to sign in to my google account, which of course my gmail right?. i've been trying the whole day but i cant get through.. someone pls advise... i need to use my phone... and do i need to have an internet connection for this? bcz currently i dont have.
Anonymous, 11 Jun 2014please i beg don't buy lenovo phones its total waste of money they wont give service they dont... moreAnyone of the Lenovo p780 users experiencing the problem of phone getting off? And not getting on for hours?
Any solution for this?
Don't quite like the alarm setting, because it allows only 5 alarm setting. I am forced to use the calendar for regular schedule.
i bought this phone from amazon at 13600 prior to this phone i have used micromax canvas HD, canvas 4, samsung Grand here are my reviews
1) screen is pretty good and touch is better than the micromax mobile as it feels like we are fingering on glass rather than on plastic which i used to feel with micromax mobile
2) Battery backup is fabulous
3) looks like quality phone when holds in hand , which i couldn't feel with micromax
4) this 8 MP camera is much better than micromax 8 MP camera, also flash brightness is better than micromax
5)Headphone quality is pretty good than samsung and
1)brightness is not as high as like micromax mobile
2)Bit heavy and thick to hold in one hand
3)Secondary camera sucks its a VGA camera
4)lenovo has provided custom GUI for android 4.2 but the orignal look pretty than this custom GUI especially the switches in the drawer are very large in size and not look pleasent
but at this price this cons are negligible because initially phone was selling at price of 19K almost now its dropped to 13600 :)...better than any other phone of this range if battery is on more priority than kit kat os :)