as for the battery...its great. standby for 8 hours in 3g only consume 12%. so if u use it for normal use, it could last for whole day. however, booting process is a battery monster. it could consume up to 16% if u activate the quick boost n around 7-9% on normal boot. but the boot itself is indeed fast. i also notice that it might hv two power mode, battery n plugged mode. if i boot while unplugged from the charger, it would consume my battery, but if i boot while plug in the charger, my battery stay the same. but i need others clarification on this.
for the one i hv which is indonesian version..this is quick review:
- Normal size sim card dual standby, 1 hsdpa n 1 edge, both gsm.
- good camera 8m
- good framerate vid in hd720 p. but the color is average.
- average screen display
- 512 ram with default process took about 350 mb...so we hv only about 150 mb for other apps.
- lenovo default battery saver doesnt seems to work with other battery saver/mem booster/cleaner on the market. so u hv to clean/boost manually from time to time.
- default vkeyboard is touchpal...n its keep restarting if ur ram is full. so make sure u hv enough memory available, otherwise u wont be able to type anything.
summary...well for me, the main concern is the lack of memory...other than that its a great phone for its price.
yeah you could update your samsung galaxy y into jelly bean..but through rooting..
Dual SIM (Mini-SIM)is wrong. Dual sim but using the regular size sim cards.
Good camera and battery life. I'm just not satisfied with the screen resolution (color is not impressive at all) and the fact that most dealer brand this as phones for gals. so annoying! I also don't feet the dual core power. The native launcher is very slow.. Weight, design and thickness "perfect".
dyvbrum, 21 Jan 2013No it could be upgraded to Jelly Bean since it had only 512MB Processor. Jelly Bean requires ... moreyou are totally wrong. galaxy y have ram below 1 GB, but can running jelly bean smoothly.
No it could be upgraded to Jelly Bean since it had only 512MB Processor.
Jelly Bean requires 1GB and up processor...
512MB RAM Processor is good only up to Ice Cream Sandwich while
1GB RAM Processor and up is suitable for Jelly Bean
best phone so far... Good enough for battery... Despite of its great specs the only cons i could pick is its dual band capability...