Lenovo S820 - user opinions and reviews

1820821

8.2
8.0
8.2

Can somebody confirm that after the update, the lock feature of the stock video player as well as the MX player can't disable the home key?

• 2014-07-30 03:52
  • vpcY

Hi everyvone. I am using Lenovo S820 for half a year and I have some experience to share with you about new official 4.4.2 Kitkat update, which was released few days ago by Lenovo. This update has some drawbacks like not very smooth new UI (lags), bad laggy calendar app, missing app menu/drawer ... But it has also some nice new features (wireless display support, build in wifi share option in file manager, possibility to unlock phone using volume buttons...) and it provides better score in Antutu - more than 16000 point (with Android 4.2 it was 13500). For me the best way to solve issues with lags and missing classic menu was to install free Nova launcher from Google play. It completely changes your menu and it will feel/looks like stock android menu (with classic app list) and it has many settings to customize and it is lag free!!! Then I also highly recommend to update build in calendar app, which is very laggy after update to Kitkat. You can easily update this app using Google play store and browse your all apps and this calendar app should be here and you can just update it. New version is lag free. And dont be afraid of chinesse letters in this app, it will change language automatically after installation.

• 2014-07-29 21:47
  • JE}L

> In reply to mahesh @ 2014-07-29 11:41 from CQ51 - click to readhave install launcher, (nova launcher)
samuelkarwai@gmail.com

• 2014-07-29 17:00
  • bxdY

No timer in front cam???

• 2014-07-29 14:25
  • 7Xrs

To create new folders. Long tap an icon then drag it with another icon, those icons will be placed in a folder. To change the name of the folder. Tap it, then tap the name folder and your keypad will pop up to change it.

• 2014-07-29 14:22
  • 7Xrs

great works lenovo for 4.4.2 kitkat update
-internal free memory increase upto 5.3gb
-new lock function looks great
-no need any other antivirus,lenono antivirus works fine
-new bootscreen is awesome
-but i dont know lenovo put anather antivirus norton which is no need
-normal ram uses increase which is cause slow functioning hope lenovo get fix this bugs next update

• 2014-07-29 14:22
  • fCxh
  • F

How to change the size of desktop icons ??
i didn't find the option.

• 2014-07-29 11:41
  • CQ51

Upgraded to kitkat. Here are my comments:
1. My apps are gone :( but i reinstalled them from apk retained on my phone. Still, my save files are gone :(
2. No app drawer. Im not used to it. Or i just dont know how to get to the app drawer (not the homescreen with all the apps)
3. Dunno how to create additional folders
4. I still prefer the interface, features and widgets from the previous os (esp the calendar!)
5. Cant deactivate vibrate on notifications. I disabled everything already!
6. Better message ui. The new security app also blocks unwanted messages.
7. Notif bar on previous is better since i can know already the signal status of my networks (g/3g/etc)
8. Still have no feature to see the battery consumption graph
9. Lock screen is better on previous
10. Super limited ringtone choices
11. Chrome often crashes
12. Asphalt7 not working anymore :(
13. Camery still has difficulty focusing on low light, far objects and zoomed in objects :(
14. Cant access internal sd on my pc. Replaced by lenovo suite which doesnt work :(
15. Can read emoji now! But no input option :(

Now im thinking on reseting my phone to factory status :(

• 2014-07-29 11:15
  • vpcZ

How to add/create folder? On new 442 kitkat

• 2014-07-29 05:45
  • y$aq

Just wanted to ask if after you upgraded to kitkat, does the LOCK feature on the stock video player work disables the HOME key? Mine doesn't. Even if I use the MX player app.

Before I upgraded to kitkat, normally when the LOCK feature on MX Player is enabled, the screen and the 3 buttons below the screen are disabled and shouldn't do anything when pressed. Now, whenver I press the Home button it will go to the desktop screen.

• 2014-07-28 17:24
  • v0qN

> In reply to keren @ 2014-07-28 06:20 from t7Ji - click to readGo to settings -> Language & input -> click the settings for android keyboard -> uncheck vibrate on press

• 2014-07-28 16:53
  • UNAj

Updated my Lenovo to Kitkat. My comments:
- Cool interface
- Takes up about 70% of RAM
- New security system (cannot be uninstalled)

However, i cant find the timer when i use front cam? Anyone know where it went?

• 2014-07-28 16:50
  • UNAj

> In reply to BatoOl @ 2014-07-27 13:58 from J7UK - click to readgo to settings/wlan press the left side key beside the home key button then select advance. put always in keep wlan on during sleep. hope this helps.

• 2014-07-28 16:14
  • 7XY7

Hii today I updated to KitKat 4.4.2
I took the backup from Lenovo tool n now I'm not able to connect to Lenovo tool.... Help me I did all the things... Updated driver n all other thing

• 2014-07-28 09:32
  • rJ7Q

Hi all, how can i stop vibrating when im typing in the message? thanks in advance

• 2014-07-28 06:20
  • t7Ji

i aleady upadate my s820 to kitkat and so fab!!
i like it,nice interface and has a nice features

• 2014-07-28 06:20
  • t7Xk

My lenovo s820 updated now to kitkat 4.4.2. More fast phone.

• 2014-07-28 05:36
  • t7$e

> In reply to AC @ 2014-07-27 13:32 from v0qx - click to readJust drag it out of the folder

• 2014-07-27 19:44
  • utVb

> In reply to ria @ 2014-07-24 18:27 from tued - click to readyes it can in 3 ways by usb thatering and wifi ang bluetooth works amazing no need for router if you have good band signal on your sim it will give you up to 10mbps i used it all the time

• 2014-07-27 14:30
  • 6pI%

whenever i lock my mobile the wifi network gets disconnect , can anyone guide me ?

• 2014-07-27 13:58
  • J7UK
Total of 1142 user reviews and opinions for Lenovo S820.