Lenovo S820 - user opinions and reviews

Lenovo

8.1
7.9
8.0

How's the battery life of this unit?it will last for a whole day using texting and music?

• 2014-06-13 11:03
  • v0qx

Just want to add that for 720p video (1280x720), the video stream is h.264 (high profile) 9 Mbps bitrate.

For 1088p video (1920x1088), the video stream is mpeg4 (Main Profile) 20.1 Mbps bitrate.

• 2014-06-11 12:33
  • KivR

I just got this phone for a few days, and I think I like it! I would like to share a few tips to fix its shortcomings.

- No magnetic sensor.
Download "Gps compass basic" by embedia on play store. Configure it to use gps compass in preferences. Walk fast or run for a few seconds so that the gps compass can calculate your bearing.

- LenovoPower replacement
Lenovo's built in battery saver is not very good or user friendly. Turn it off, and use GreenPower Free Battery Saver by binary mango instead.

- Don't worry about 3gp video quality.
True, the 3gp container isn't as sexy as mp4, but the video stream is actually mp4 quality h.264 avc format with 9 Mbps bitrate and 30 fps, not the old h.263 format that is commonly associated with 3gp. The audio stream is good quality AAC 128 Kbps. The video quality is quite good, much better than its 13 mp camera quality.

- Terrible Lenovo headphone
For around USD 30 you can buy MagicSound E10 in ear headphone that get rave reviews everywhere.

• 2014-06-11 11:15
  • KivR

Hye and good morning. I want to ask why i can't open my Google account and some application like twitter play store so on after I've updated the version to KitKat android ?? I just got updated about five days ago and this is very make me uneasy. Tq for your respond.

• 2014-06-11 05:12
  • Nqw}
  • F

the call cost is not being shown...any remedy or suggestion for this

• 2014-06-10 13:55
  • arfA

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-06-04 05:06 from RILa - click to readTry to search the play store apk file with google and install from it

• 2014-06-10 09:38
  • 6{h{

> In reply to Travis -KL @ 2014-06-06 05:09 from 25KQ - click to readI must admit that battery life is indeed poor. But I can survive a day with low screen brightness and Wifi/bluetooth/GPS/background syncing off.

• 2014-06-10 09:36
  • 6{h{

> In reply to noisylim @ 2014-06-06 08:58 from TSMq - click to readYes, you can by downloading Google pinyin app.

• 2014-06-10 09:32
  • 6{h{

Never buy a lenovo product. I had bought a Lenovo S820 (Red) phone about 3 months ago and within 1 month its display stopped working. The company decided to refund the money as there were no parts to repair it. I was told that the money would be credited to my bank account within 15 days. Despite repeated calls, every time I am told that the money would be credited to my bank account within 2 3 days but the same does not happen. Its been one month since the phone was given back. Absolutely lousy service and no proper service centres or people to answer.

• 2014-06-10 07:55
  • KxxA

Very weak network signal. Any solution for this?

• 2014-06-08 00:24
  • v0qT

Poor network signal!!! Can anybody help?

• 2014-06-08 00:14
  • v0qT

Why my phone only hv 2gb internal

• 2014-06-06 17:30
  • sF}M

To GSMARENA,

Can you do an in depth review of this cellphone? Thanks

• 2014-06-06 09:07
  • Mfx7

can I use the phone to do messaging with Chinese hand written on screen. All Chinese iphone used by me previously can have this Chinese hand write function. please advise.

• 2014-06-06 08:58
  • TSMq

Boy, the battery life is so so bad. I cant use the phone for more than 6hrs. I don't Skype, I have turned off my FB app. My Whatz app I active, but don't chat much. And I purchased the phone one week back. I even downloaded the "Battery Doctor", coz the battery life is so bad. Words cant explain my frustration.

• 2014-06-06 05:09
  • 25KQ

Please Dont Buy thi phone ...when i broght this mobile its screen got damaged with in 15 days..then i reachd to servce center then they cost me 8800/- so please its worth less to buy this phone such a delicated one...

• 2014-06-05 11:55
  • KA59

OTA

• 2014-06-04 17:07
  • RILa

How did u update the phone to vibe ui 1.5?
From the ota or vibeui.com?

• 2014-06-04 14:08
  • X}Gm

I NEED HELP!! I updated my Vibe UI to 1.5 and then my play store and other apps are missing.. I didn't make a back up sadly (cos I was stupid).. can you guys help me? How do I get the play store?

• 2014-06-04 05:06

Hello !
Recently I purchased this phone and the menu seems to be missing (you know when you tap the home button and the menu pops up (all the apps and stuff like on a Samsung I guess..) or is the phone just like that ?

• 2014-06-02 16:03
  • RILa
Total of 1546 user reviews and opinions for Lenovo S820.