Lenovo S820 - user opinions and reviews

Lenovo

8.1
8.0
8.0

> In reply to Khaled adel @ 2014-04-28 14:44 from N7TJ - click to readMy Lenovo S820, white, never have any auto notification after calls since i purchase months back. how do you do it? must you do some settings somewhere? i just updated the firmware yesterday.

• 2014-06-18 10:09
  • uC3e

I can't download apps n my camera doesn't work when the internal storage is full,when I have already set my storage to SD card. Please help.

• 2014-06-17 19:28
  • X0}W

Hi guys !! i bought a lenovo s820 just before 2 days. if any app or anything else is require for the betterment of this phone , please suggest/recommend me so that i can download/install it in my phone. please do as i request you.consider me as your friend .i will be thankful to you all guys.please do as i request you.be free/open to post/reply me whatever you feel it's necessary.Thanks you.!!!!

• 2014-06-16 18:30
  • X}DM

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-06-10 07:55 from KxxA - click to readWhen u bought the phone .......had u done the insurance for your phone ???? i am asking it because i had also bought the phone 2 days before and didn't done the insurance ......and they told that after a serious problem for the phone , the money will only be refunded if i will do the insurance ..........

• 2014-06-16 18:05
  • X}DM

I have been using this mobile for about 3 months, here is want I found about the mobile. I had lots of expectations on mobile from Lenovo.
I has become one of the China (Cheap) mobiles, ruining its brand image  .. very disappointing.

Pros:
------
 Design is good
 Clarity is good
 Have few inbuilt features like battery status, data usage etc
 Camera is good but you need to see resolution before comparing with other mobiles
 Its say has got good processor which seems to be good while operating the screens

Cons:
-----
 Firstly I bought this as it has dual sim functionality, it doesnít catch the signal for the second sim most of the time, though others friends having normal mobile have the signal of the same network. Totally a device failure catching the signal
 Very poor signals all the time, in rural areas forget that you have a mobile 
 Very low sound on speaker and during call, if you are in a normal traffic you canít hear the voice of the other party called.
 In my mobile what I observed was even the receiver is having problem hearing my voice
 Battery meter shows you have 20 or 30hrs left but suddenly drops to 1hr and switches off  you canít rely on battery meter
 Key board most amazing you will find it very difficult with the GO keyboard when compared to other mobiles
 About the processor when you type it just hangs and you will struggle and you will feel that you donít want to text some one
 It doesnít support the language I want, has got fewer options than other mobiles

Conclusion:
-----------------
 Not worth money as it fails at basic functionality catching the signal and very low voice canít hear the other persons voice during the call
 Strongly donít recommend !!!

• 2014-06-16 17:13
  • MxU4

> In reply to Krishna Priya @ 2014-06-05 11:55 from KA59 - click to readdid that really cost u rs.8800?????? even my phonez screen broke today.. i have no idea about the expenses

• 2014-06-16 15:39
  • KAxM

i think its quite good for me. but the battery is not stand longer. But the spec is good && its camera is very superb. i love it !!

• 2014-06-14 17:47
  • KZ8F
  • F

i bought this phone 1,montj back evrg else is good but very bad internet and its not supporting 3g internet very slow!!!! slowest phone ever never buy this!!!

• 2014-06-13 16:12
  • bJ2C
  • F

Did wifi hotspot available for this device ?

• 2014-06-13 16:05
  • KZ8L

How's the battery life of this unit?it will last for a whole day using texting and music?

• 2014-06-13 11:03
  • v0qx

Just want to add that for 720p video (1280x720), the video stream is h.264 (high profile) 9 Mbps bitrate.

For 1088p video (1920x1088), the video stream is mpeg4 (Main Profile) 20.1 Mbps bitrate.

• 2014-06-11 12:33
  • KivR

I just got this phone for a few days, and I think I like it! I would like to share a few tips to fix its shortcomings.

- No magnetic sensor.
Download "Gps compass basic" by embedia on play store. Configure it to use gps compass in preferences. Walk fast or run for a few seconds so that the gps compass can calculate your bearing.

- LenovoPower replacement
Lenovo's built in battery saver is not very good or user friendly. Turn it off, and use GreenPower Free Battery Saver by binary mango instead.

- Don't worry about 3gp video quality.
True, the 3gp container isn't as sexy as mp4, but the video stream is actually mp4 quality h.264 avc format with 9 Mbps bitrate and 30 fps, not the old h.263 format that is commonly associated with 3gp. The audio stream is good quality AAC 128 Kbps. The video quality is quite good, much better than its 13 mp camera quality.

- Terrible Lenovo headphone
For around USD 30 you can buy MagicSound E10 in ear headphone that get rave reviews everywhere.

• 2014-06-11 11:15
  • KivR

Hye and good morning. I want to ask why i can't open my Google account and some application like twitter play store so on after I've updated the version to KitKat android ?? I just got updated about five days ago and this is very make me uneasy. Tq for your respond.

• 2014-06-11 05:12
  • Nqw}
  • F

the call cost is not being shown...any remedy or suggestion for this

• 2014-06-10 13:55
  • arfA

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-06-04 05:06 from RILa - click to readTry to search the play store apk file with google and install from it

• 2014-06-10 09:38
  • 6{h{

> In reply to Travis -KL @ 2014-06-06 05:09 from 25KQ - click to readI must admit that battery life is indeed poor. But I can survive a day with low screen brightness and Wifi/bluetooth/GPS/background syncing off.

• 2014-06-10 09:36
  • 6{h{

> In reply to noisylim @ 2014-06-06 08:58 from TSMq - click to readYes, you can by downloading Google pinyin app.

• 2014-06-10 09:32
  • 6{h{

Never buy a lenovo product. I had bought a Lenovo S820 (Red) phone about 3 months ago and within 1 month its display stopped working. The company decided to refund the money as there were no parts to repair it. I was told that the money would be credited to my bank account within 15 days. Despite repeated calls, every time I am told that the money would be credited to my bank account within 2 Ė 3 days but the same does not happen. Itís been one month since the phone was given back. Absolutely lousy service and no proper service centres or people to answer.

• 2014-06-10 07:55
  • KxxA

Very weak network signal. Any solution for this?

• 2014-06-08 00:24
  • v0qT

Poor network signal!!! Can anybody help?

• 2014-06-08 00:14
  • v0qT
Total of 1555 user reviews and opinions for Lenovo S820.