guttulanikhil, 26 Jan 2017(I have been using this phone from 10 months so these are my opinions):
GOOD THINGS TO TALK A... moreRecently I have rekindled my love for Lenovo Vibe X3. It had been with me for past 10 months. After the Marshmallow update however I stopped using this phone as it had many software glitches. However on my friends insistence I have performed five consecutive factory resets recently which have somehow miraculously solved many software issues. :)
After almost a year of use below are some pros I found in Vibe X3:
1) This is a true purist audiophile smartphone. It has two dedicated audio paths. The "Turbo Hi-Fi" is for purists using renowned ESS Sabre 9018C2M audio DAC and triple OPA1612 audio amplifier configuration. The sound quality is phenomenal for a smartphone using this mode with incredible amount of gain. You can properly drive high impedance over-the-ear headphone like Sennheiser HD598 with Vibe X3!!!
There is only one phone in India which has equal musical prowess of Vibe X3. Vivo X5Max. I own that too. :) The "Standard Hi-Fi" on Vibe X3 is also excellent, as it uses a very high quality Wolfson WM8281 audio codec. I will rate the Vibe X3's "Standard Hi-Fi" to be better sounding than most other smartphones claiming to come with dedicated low quality audio chips like Vivo V3Max or ZTE Nubia Z11. So for an audiophile Vibe X3 is the phone to have.
2) Vibe X3 has the best front firing stereo speakers I have ever come across a phone. Period. The speakers are real musical sounding, decently loud with good separation for a phone.
3) The best 5.5 inch, FullHD IPS LCD display I have ever come across on ANY price band. This display has best color accuracy, color gamut, brightness for a 1080p. I rate Vibe X3 over my quadHD Nexus 6P in terms of display quality alone. That says something.
4) The Snapdragon 808 is really powerful and the 20nm manufacturing process means it does not gets as heated as SD652 or SD653 built on 28nm. The SD808 is also a champ for gaming performance.
5) Decent battery backup with 3500 mAh battery.
6) Good looking, practical with solid built. Very Motorola type.
7) At INR 20K a true value for money flagship. When launched it had no contender.
1) The well known 4G connectivity issue on all Vibe X3.
2) No VoLTE support.
Verdict: Audio lovers should go blindly for it. Also with gorgeous accurate display movie fans will love this phone. Lenovo Vibe X3 is built for them.
(I have been using this phone from 10 months so these are my opinions):
GOOD THINGS TO TALK ABOUT:
1) I love the audio i am getting from this phone both from headphones and speakers its the best.
2) The display is good even though it is not 4k resolution u can see much in depth colors.
3) Gaming performance is nice.
4) The phone easily fits in my pocket and u can easily hold this in ur hand.
5) Front facing camera is good.
6 ) good performance in speed due to Snapdragon 808 processor and good looking phone well built.
SOME BAD THINGS TO TALK ABOUT:
1) The primary thing that troubles me in this phone is camera it has good clarity but its always shaky always!! except u attach it to some stand , too much saturation until unless u press focus button , the previous image view option is buggy , the phone gets heted up with few minutes of camera usage , no good clarity at night .(if u love taking photos never go for this phone).
2) Next is the ram usage the free ram available for me at lollipop is used to be 1.2 gb but when i upgraded to marshmallow it reduced to 600 mb ram , i am shocked with this change.
3) No Volte and jio net is dropping frequently i got to know that its due to bug in the phone software.
4) Many say there are lot of bugs but i found one or two not more than that , but no bug fixing updates from lenovo , the updates from lenovo is taking very long .
"" FINALLY MY HONEST OPINION IS I LIKE THIS PHONE MY ONLY DISSAPOINTMENT IS CAMERA PERFORMANCE , RAM MANAGEMENT IS NOT AFFECTING ME MUCH , ALSO NEED GOOD SUPPORT FROM LENOVO IN RECEIVING UPDATES FAST""
(This phone is good for the people who loves ENTERTAINMENT -games,music,videos).
I have seen it in many places people keep asking Lenovo Vibe X3 supports Qualcomm Quickcharge 2.0 or not. The quick answer is NO.
The support for Quick Charge 2.0 needs to be from hardware level be it the phone or charger. One may purchase a QC 2.0 certified charger but inherent hardware support in Vibe X3 is lacking. So Vibe X3 is unable to draw the amount of power from the charger to charge faster.
QC 1.0 was designed to allow a maximum current draw of 2 Amps and voltage of 5 volts equating to 2 X 5 = 10 watts of power from charger to phone. These 10 watt charger are most common these days.
QC 2.0 was designed to allow a maximum current draw of 3 Amps and voltage of 5/ 9/ 12 volts equating to
3 X 5 = 15 watts OR
3 X 9 = 18 watts OR
3 X 12 = 36 watts
of power from charger to phone. Of these three types 15 watts of power at minimum is required to be consumed by phone hardware to be a QC 2.0 qualified phone.
However a respected Chinese review website IGAO7.com measured Lenovo Vibe X3 to draw a maximum current draw of 1.1 Amps and voltage of 9.3 volts equating to 1.1 X 9.3 = 10.23 watts. Hence it which falls short of 15 watt minimum requirement to a QC 2.0 qualified phone. However I have no gripes as my Vibe X3 reaches 0 to 100% battery in 2 hours 10 mins flat which is acceptable.
I believe this is due the aggressive pricing of this phone at just INR 20K in India where as in China it was selling for INR 25K. Because to be QC 2.0 qualified Lenovo not only needed to put a more expensive power management chip in Vibe X3 but more importantly pay a per phone royalty fee to Qualcomm for using their technology.
Hope this helps!!!
Maheash, 24 Jan 2017When is the next android update for lenovo Vibe X3.
in recent time my data connection stops a... moreThis is a very common problem on all Lenovo Vibe X3. The 4G data connectivity is very inconsistent and it keeps dropping after every 5 mins or so. Then within 5 to 10 secs it will again regain 4G connectivity. This particularly happens for me over Reliance JIO & Airtel 4G connections. I have tried the same sims with my Vivo X5Max or Vivo V3Max and they work fine.
So the culprit is the modem used in Vibe X3 and/ or the firmware controlling it. Hope Lenovo resolves this issue with Android Nougat update which is scheduled for Q2 of 2017.
Iam using lenovo Vibe x3. Sometimes the capacitive buttons stop working. Then I have to press the power button and unlock the phone again.
When is the next android update for lenovo Vibe X3.
in recent time my data connection stops automatically, dont no y it happens.
Pavan, 22 Jan 2017Whish you happy birthday to Kenobi Vibe X3Lenovo Vibe X3 is a great phone with somewhat mundane software. So the user experience left a lot to be desired. Even after Marshmallow android version upgrade some months back the phone does not have the user experience of similarly priced Vivo V3Max. Where it excels is in audio:
1) Best audio quality i have ever heard from internal speakers of a phone. And their are two.
2) One of the best audiophile grade sound quality over headphones. Period. Only Vivo X5Max have this level of sound quality. Lenovo Vibe X3 uses Hi-Fi 2.0 audio architecture inspired by X5Max under Â“TurboHi-FiÂ” mode: "DAC + independent I/V converters for each channel (differential configuration) + Headphone amplifier".
For the Â“Standard Hi-FiÂ” settings we have the Cirrus Logic/ Wolfson WM8281 high performance audio codec with integrated Â“DAC + Headphone amplifierÂ”. The audio channels are as below:
Turbo Hi-Fi: Snapdragon 808 --> HD to Voice Switch --> ESS Sabre 9018C2M (DAC)--> 2 X TI OPA1612 (I/V conversion in differential configuration) --> TI OPA1612 (Headphone amplifier) --> 3.5 mm lossless audio jack
Standard Hi-Fi: Snapdragon 808 --> HD to Voice Switch -->Cirrus Logic/ Wolfson WM8281(DAC + Headphone amplifier) --> 3.5 mm lossless audio jack
InÂ“Turbo Hi-FiÂ” mode with 3 X OPA1612 op-amp under disposal, Vibe X3 will be more easily drive low sensitivity, high impedance audiophile grade headphones. Actually Vibe X3 can easily drive my Sennheiser HD518 cans with aplomb.
i have not updated the phone from its factory settings til date ( though i'm tempted to do so )
i have a question ( problem rather ) , if anyone has solution for the it
I'm unable to use sd card in tandem with the internal memory . i can mount the SD card but then im not able to view/access any of my data on internal memory and vice- verse . it gives the option to restart and only 1 of the two can be used . is there any way be can work around this
I have a same question. Shall I update the marshmallow, still I have not updated from 5.1.1version. Could anyone help and answer me..Is it any drawback again in marshmallow.??
Shyam, 13 Jan 2017Yes. You are correct. Please dont prefer this phone. I am one of the victim of using this phon... moreBuddy I have already bought it in last February
What I am asking is that should I update to marshmallow from my factory version lollipop or not?
Please state reasons too
After upgrading it to marshmallow it is hanging and the battery is becoming low while using Jio internet, don't buy this cel it's bakwas cel phone after upgrading, if only team Lenovo il give a support software to this marshmallow it il be solve...
Sabirullah, 06 Jan 2017No its not true lenovo vibe x3 is amazing phone Please dont believe.
After Anderoid 6, its the worst phone ever i had
DhruvilS, 05 Jan 2017I don't wanna riot my phone My usage is mostly high end graphics games, music, social media a... moreYes. You are correct. Please dont prefer this phone. I am one of the victim of using this phone. Support from lenovo is worst.
DEATHMAKER, 05 Jan 2017Its depends on your usage. Marshmallow user interface is good. Also if u need a rooted phone, ... moreI don't wanna riot my phone
My usage is mostly high end graphics games, music, social media and surfing.
I heard that marshmallow drains too much battery and hangs while playing games
Is it true?
Please reply 😃
Its depends on your usage. Marshmallow user interface is good. Also if u need a rooted phone, you have to update to marshmallow. Because Vibe x3 lollipop has no rooting option.
The software of my mobile is not updated even once by me coz each update had bugs like battery drainage, reduced speaker volume, hangs on marshmallow, etc.
So should I update to latest marshmallow or remain on factory version Lollipop only?