LG CU500 - user opinions and reviews

LG

7.4

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-06-27 09:02 from 2Am{ - click to readI have the LG CU 500 and I think you have to have the CU500v to do video "calling." There may be a firmware update that will give yours that capability, but I'm not so sure about that. You might wanna look into it though.

• 2012-03-15 20:45
  • 5DPh

to make any memory card to accept...just format the card in FAT format...

• 2011-04-04 20:02
  • vGC6

something's wrong with my phone. i've put different micro sd cards, (1gb, 2gb, 4gb, 8gb), but it always says "card not ready"
can anyone help me?

• 2010-11-02 05:22
  • UD}w

I can use the TV in this Phone LG cu 500

• 2010-08-07 14:55
  • Mf5%

> In reply to Gio @ 2008-03-02 23:45 from k2Yx - click to readSoak it in distill water for one hour

• 2010-06-29 06:52
  • Y7Vh

I have used LG CU500 from eBay for US$50. Very bad calling signal. Power drop bateray, not even last for a day. Had changed to 2G mode, but bateray only last for one day or even last. Really a waste for my money!
Cheap material build. Really disapointed!

• 2010-06-28 13:52
  • tDNt

I had this phone for 3 months as a replacement to my old phone that broke and ill say it gets terrible reception and just yesterday it died all I can do is text on it it recieves calls but cant hear voice and when i dial someone i cant hear a dial tone I dont know whats wrong with it but I think it was a waste of my money.

• 2010-05-08 18:21
  • qGw4

yes I have had this phone for a few years but, it has terrible signal, has trouble recieving calls and texts even when there is signal, the numaric pad does not work during calls so you cant put in your password for voicemail, the battery lasts a day, i could go on but i wont thats enough.

• 2009-11-28 19:25
  • 4Uhd

picture messaging and internet settings thanks

• 2009-10-01 17:49
  • pKJj

> In reply to EnglishProf @ 2009-08-25 00:03 from q2Ae - click to readI had this phone for a year and it IS a very good phone! Yes it lights up, it is very bright at night the speaker phone is the loudest and probably the best on any phone iv ever had. Its an all around good phone. As far as comparing this to the "V" I'm not sure about that. Hope that helps.

• 2009-09-18 05:41
  • EBiR

Hi. I've read through the comments, but for every person who says 'this phone sucks!' there's another who says 'this is the best phone I've ever had.' My questions are these: is the keypad flat or is it a designated keypad? Does it light up (or have the option to light up at night)? Is the screen nice and bright w/good resolution (I have bad eyesight--comes from reading all those bad student papers!)? And finally, what's the difference between the 500v and plain 500? I just now noticed there was a V, and saw that there was ALOT of complaints about the V. Thanks for any info you can provide!

• 2009-08-25 00:03
  • q2Ae

its a good phone i use to have a sony ericson and it always freezes...................so where do you put in the memory card?
and what type of memory card do i put in?

• 2009-08-16 04:07
  • wgH}

have had this phone for over two years and its been the best dependable phone i ever had. battery is wearing out and aftermarket batteries i have purchased are junk.

• 2009-08-02 22:27
  • 45YU
  • Why do you need my n
  • Rating0

Hurray I am bad.

• 2009-07-12 14:18
  • ttv2

just want to ask how to make video call on my lg cu500,its a cingular phone model

• 2009-06-27 09:02
  • 2Am{

> In reply to matt @ 2008-11-25 13:04 from Tf7k - click to readyou are so right...! originally my lg cu500 couldn't see my 1G new Kingston micro sd card...all is now fixed

• 2009-05-14 19:43
  • Y2ur

This phone cannot display ussd codes

• 2009-04-09 06:27
  • PHkK

hi. how long does it usually take to recharge the battery of this phone? (if the battery is in an ok condition)

• 2009-03-23 05:57
  • PxWn

> In reply to matt @ 2008-11-25 13:04 from Tf7k - click to readi can't use memory card always card not ready, what can i do... pls. help. thanks

• 2009-03-15 03:55
  • v0Xt

I will never suggest anyone to buy this phone. I had it from cingular (3 units) one year ago where I paid $ 39 exra for the model and the contract is for 2 years. The initial performace for few months was fine. But now the battery of all does not last even a single day time. One of them already lost the ring and only vibration left. Please do not own this phone even if you get it for free.

• 2009-02-13 21:21
  • 4L5@
Total of 189 user reviews and opinions for LG CU500.