LG CU500 - user opinions and reviews

LG

7.4

I had this phone, but yesterday it died.. from one too many drops :(.. and It was such a good phone.. and soon i'm going to go buy another one it was that great.. it can just do anything..

i love it! love it love it love it love it!

i advise anyone that wants to buy it, go for it! as long as you have a memory card..

• 2008-12-17 13:11
  • tAMc

Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2008-12-16 19:13
  • Lx7n

> In reply to Luiz @ 2008-04-16 03:59 from PjA% - click to readif its not reading your memory card just go to menu, cingular music, music player, then shuffle songs...i dont know why this works it just does lol u may have to do it more than once

• 2008-11-25 13:04
  • Tf7k

update

• 2008-09-24 13:38
  • 4V1}

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2008-05-24 08:28 from PP$8 - click to readCU500 is for Cingular (it was announced befor AT&T took over)

TU500 is for Telstra

• 2008-09-13 08:49
  • PP$8

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2008-02-13 00:47 from PP$8 - click to readindeed, i have the same thing. Complaints, every day... though we still sell a truck load of them! kinda like the Motorola v3x. sold millions, got millions of complaints.

• 2008-08-04 02:03
  • PP$8

you can't mute sms alerts without muting the whole phone...don't like that

• 2008-07-25 03:38
  • PvKg

i was using this mobile phone it is great and awesome
i dosent have any problem wid ths mob ever i used ths abt 3 years just bcz iths is great.thts y?and looooooooove tht mob but on 10th of june i hav losted tht mob i m soo much shoooked when that is not in my pocket.......................

• 2008-06-25 20:42
  • PDTh

i've had the cu500 for almost a year and for the last 2-3 months the battery life is whack. i charge it for 4 hrs. and 20 mins. later it only has one bar. also, the camera doesn't work well like other phones in the dark. other than that, the phone is excellent.

• 2008-06-24 05:46
  • jKrr

CU500 is the same as the TU500

Although it may take a 2gig card, you will only be able to use 1gig of it.

1gig is the limit for the software of this phone :)

• 2008-05-24 08:28
  • PP$8

i got this phone but it was called TU 500 but it looks identical and has mp3 rintones and i put a 2gb memer card

• 2008-04-30 07:36
  • inyb

how to do the card of memory of 1GB to work in LG ASS 500? The cellular is not recognizing the memory.

• 2008-04-16 03:59
  • PjA%

which the maximum capacity of the personal computer MICRO SD indicated for that LG CU 500??

I bought a card of memory of 1GB and the cellular doesn't recognize. which the right card for this model of cellular??

15 de abril de 2008

• 2008-04-16 03:40
  • PjA%

This phone has gotten me through thick and thin...

Its AWESOME....

• 2008-03-30 22:05
  • xUX}

It sucked in the begining but overall a good phone with good features.

• 2008-03-29 08:37
  • 4vXb

its very difficult to use my bluetooth . anytime i try to send through bluetooth the other device does not detect my phone. i have 00:19:a1:7a:cd:07 as bluethooth address i don't know if that is the problem . if there is a general bluetooth address iwill appreciate it so much from your outfit.thank you soo much. expecting your cooperation

• 2008-03-25 10:36
  • ftMR

Question, I recently dropped this phone into water and although I cleaned it up ery well a weird thing happened. The phone now only works when it is hooked up to the charger and shows as charge complete but as soon as I take the charger out the phone dies and does not turn back on. Other than that every single button works perfect, what would cause this? anyone know?

• 2008-03-02 23:45
  • k2Yx

customers complain to me about this phone, every. single. day.

• 2008-02-13 00:47
  • PP$8

I recently purchased this phone, as agreed with most of us, the phone is great if you do not want all the bells and whistles. I had problems with battery life before I found a solution and that was to turn off the dual network mode on the phone. Someone posted it on the AT&T forum. AT & T has the new 3G system, but this phone constantly looks for both networks and uses battery power to do so. It looks for the best signal.

This is how you can changefrom 3G to 2G.

Press277634#*#

Then go through the menu:

5.Modem Setting
2.Network Mode
1.Network Mode
2.2G only

Then, after you have done that, if you are having problems with the earpiece volume also, hit your back button and go to:

7. GSM Speech Ver
Select 1. EFR Speech Pref

So, after doing all that, I still get poor reception. Ready to throw it at a wall.

I decided to take it apart and found the phone has an antenna board on the opposite cover shell of the main baord and it has a little metal clip that touches the phone's main board. The main board has a tiny square metal surface the clip touches when you close the two phone cover shells together.

I realized then, the clip was not properly touching the board because of my bad reception. I bent the clip in the proper angle too where once I close the two shells together, the antenna clip would touch the board surface much harder. I was even thinking about soldering a small wire to the antenna board linking it to the main board.
You know manufacturers make many phones and sometimes in the process somethings do happen. Next time I will solder a wire to the board.

Now, I have swapped back to dual network mode and I will find out how well it works.

This is not a solution for everyone, but this is something that I found out on my LG CU500. Now I have reception, where I did not have reception before.

• 2008-01-27 07:13
  • 46Kk

Ever since I've got this phone I had problems with storing data onto my SD Memory card so my phone memory is always full any ideas

• 2008-01-21 01:31
  • U2JC
Total of 189 user reviews and opinions for LG CU500.