LG CU500 - user opinions and reviews

LG

7.4

Cannot use nor have voice command....must dial to connect to party (bummer)...

• 2008-01-01 01:20
  • kUmV

I just got this phone and in all honesty all I can say is whoaaa!!

Besides the more than ample space (1gig) I can play my mp3s, vids and look at pics. It is stylish and I believe it is on it's own level. Keep it up Lg

• 2007-12-06 15:39
  • PF7X

hey i have had this phone for about two years and i haven't had any problems. its great. the mp3 is the best. it gets service practically anywhere

• 2007-12-02 00:25
  • Y6%c

I have one of these on the Fido network. It does support video calling on the HSDPA 850 network, meaning the video calling works in north america. Also the blue world icon turns on when you turn on the internet browser or any 3G features.

• 2007-12-01 04:44
  • 4XPE

personally i think this phone is crap.. every phone i've had except for 2 have been LG and i have had the worst time with them... i have this phone now and it is horrible.. it drops calls and never has any service.. the screen on the outside cracks really easily and the battery life isn't too good but besides that it is an ok phone.. i just prefer nokia cause you can run over one of them with an 18 wheeler and it will still work..

• 2007-11-23 05:23
  • jDnB

How is text messaging??? good?? bad???

• 2007-11-20 15:24
  • Qu2h

Does anyone know what the little blue world icon mean? It pops up every now and then, HELP!!

• 2007-11-20 04:47
  • kQXL

This phone DOES video calling... if your network operator supports it

• 2007-11-18 12:51
  • Pvv@

jesse- to turn off the ascending ring tone goto Menu - Settings - Audio & Ringtones - Ring Alert Type - and select "Ring after Vibration". With that setting it will play the ring full blast after a couple vibrates. I think that is the only way to do what you want. This is the setting I use on mine.

• 2007-11-14 20:55
  • B$dn

No this phone does not do video calling at least mine doesn't. It does take pretty good video and pictures for a phone though.

I had the same issue as some below where the headset icon would automatically come on and call people. I haven't had any problems since I ripped the little hole cover off the phone (rubber plastic thing that covers the headset hole).

• 2007-11-14 20:52
  • B$dn

does this phone do video calling can anyone tell asap pliz

• 2007-11-13 01:38
  • yV6H

hey does any body know how 2 turn of the absending ring tone.. coz i cant find it and its giving me the S****

can some one help me plz

• 2007-10-29 06:07
  • wg5D

I like the phone, but I seem to be having a problem with adding a memory card. I purchased a 1 gb SanDisk and inserted in the slot but keep getting a message "Card Not Read". Anyone have any suggestions?

• 2007-10-23 02:55
  • AaVi

wow. this phone does alot...but its the ugliest phone ever!
it looks big and goofy, but great does things!

• 2007-10-19 19:45
  • T2vy

i loved this phone. i miss it so much, i got it taken away.

but yeah, this is worth a buy. its easy to use, and it works soo good. the camera is really neat too.but bad thing is, it doesnt come with a USB cable, or memory card, you have to buy it.but if youre think of buying this phone buy it!

• 2007-10-12 04:05
  • 41NA

ok so I think I fixed my problem. I have 2 solutions. 1)find a small screwdriver, take off the back and you will see that the headset jack is a chip independent of the board. you can take it off and everything. I know this b/c i thought i broke it, when i took it off. anyways, just snap it carefully back into its place. It seems to be working fine, for now. The other solution is easier, take a rubber band and wrap it around near the hinge on the keypad side. that will act as kind of a shock absorber and not put pressure on the headset jack. hope this helps.

• 2007-09-24 23:04
  • jgye

omg! Last night mine just started doing the same thing as jslakey mentioned. I have no idea why, but I can't even keep it turned on now because it won't stop calling people on its own. I even have to call a client today to apologize for "calling" him 6 times last night when my phone was in my purse! I found that I can shake/bump it to turn the headset thing off, but then can't touch it or it turns back on.

• 2007-09-20 16:59
  • jAMQ

I've got the same problem as a few others had.

"...beeping (signaling the appearence of the headset icon without anything plugged into it)and calling the last dialed number everytime it was bumped or had pressure applied in anyway....several dozen times a day if it was in my pocket."

I went to the ATT store and of course they couldn't do anything since it was past the year warranty. also i emailed LG to see if there was a way to disable the headset feature or something and they also said no.

has anyone figured out anything regarding this problem? thanks in advance.

• 2007-09-18 19:57
  • jZHL

---------------------------
I wish I could take credit for this but I found this on the AT&T forum when my 3G was not working. But Thanks!
---------------------------
User - mshl726
11-12-2006 05:13:24 AM
The specs for the phone even state that under UMTS (3G) the talk time is shorter (3 hours versus 5 hours). I don't really surf the web often but I do want long battery life. Battery life (talk/standby) while on 3G networks is no good. I turned off the 3G network radio frequency all together so that I am on GSM and EDGE only. My talk time is definitely hitting the 4-5 hour range when having a long conversation and standby is around 3-4 days with 30-45 minutes of daily usage.

Not a great solution since it turns off the biggest selling point of the phone (UMTS) but it's a good phone overall and having long battery life is more important.

Turn off 3G by:
>enter this number sequence into your phone: 277634#*#
>select modem setting
>select network mode
>selction 1. network mode
>highlight 2G only and hit OK
>end the red end button

Also, turn off your bluetooth when you're not using it actively; it eats up a ton of power!
yes, you can enter that same menu and switch back to 3G...

• 2007-09-05 02:32
  • 49kY

Can record a voice call?
Can download the recorded file?

• 2007-09-04 21:58
  • nDBi
Total of 189 user reviews and opinions for LG CU500.