S . SUDHAKAR, 03 Oct 2015Lol. You didn't mention the (worst) battery backup of this phone !!!Haha i think he might hav left it for u to write...the battery man :d :d.....coz ur the only one whos battery does not last even half a day and write all bad things about the battery... But TBH phone battery lasts atleast 20-24 hrs with moderate to heavy usage
So after using g3 (3 GB version) for 4 months, here are my thoughts about the phone. These are not biased opinions. FYI, I had S3 before G3.
1. Screen: Absolutely brilliant. S3 screen had over saturated colors, but g3 sceen is awesome. Even if u dont want to use ur phone, then also u would just play with the screen just to look at it.
2. Music: One of the best sounding phones in the market. I hav heard the music from HTC One M8 and it was great. Though the music of G3 is not better than M8 but it is no less than it. Its great.
3. Gaming: I hav played many games like Asphalt 8, Real Racing, trial xtreme 4, which ran smoothly. But i dont knw why Subways surfers lag a little. May be its about the optimization but i hav no idea about it.
4. Camera: The Laser autofocus is great. The camera takes great pics and videos. No concerns in that part.
5. Heating issues: G3 tends to get a little hot after playing high end games for 30 min. Otherwise, using internet, camera does not heat the phone.
6. Looks and Build Quality: its awesome. Though the phone is made of plastic, it does not feel like plastic at all. Build quality is also great. just have the phone in ur hands and xperience it. The buttons at the back are innovative and actually more practical than the buttons on the side.
7. Other features: The ease of use of this phone is at a high level. Double tap to wake and double tap to lock makes the phone too easy to use. Knock code feature is another great innovation from lg. The phone does not hang or lag in general UI. Its just fun to use this phone.
If anyone has any questions regarding the phone, feel free to ask here.
I have a problem with my G3 that its hotspot is not working.. Any suggestions... ?
It's a specs beast nodout. But a smaller bazel and curved edges with colour of titan gray, it looks absolute boss. Only cone is it needs good amount of signal to browse Internet, fb, youtube because of its 4k display. Removable battery,expandable sd card, 4k display, snapdragon 801, laser auto focus , is what I brought this phone for. If u are not a horrible user of the phone 801 is more than enough to run any kind of apps and games that are present in the play store tody.
Akm, 02 Oct 2015i am using G3 it shutdown automatically, some time after pressing power buttons it turn ON an... moreMine also used to happen the same initially and then later it got worse. It started restarting frequently. Finally now i replaced the battery and everything is fine. No restarts whatsoever.
i am using G3 it shutdown automatically, some time after pressing power buttons it turn ON
and some time i have to remove battery then re-plug it for turn it ON
my phone battery is really good ,
Sureyya, 02 Oct 2015Bro its work. But you must launch the games from GLtoSD app. oh ok !!, I guess sd card should be class 10 otherwise games will lag.
Lets be honest here. LG is holding the G3 back by not releasing 5.1.1 lollipop to fix the bugs. We will have to wait till next year for marshmellow. Even the S4 has 5.1.1 now
Bhargav, 01 Oct 2015Unfortunately GL to SD doesn't work on G3 (tried with a rooted device).Bro its work. But you must launch the games from GLtoSD app.
Ali Sumbal, 01 Oct 2015I am using LG G3(D855) came with Lollipop 5.0 out of the box. I am getting extremely poor batt... moreUnfortunately theres nothing you can do. I have same problem tried everything still getting bad battery life. The QHD screen takes up 50% on a daily basis so unless LG release some software to help then we just have live with it.
Can somebody tell which is the best rom for battery draining for lg g3 D855 32 gb...stock kitkat,stock lollipop,cloudy g3,custom lollipop,chupa chups or some other rom? Or can somebody tell some tricks how we can got better battery performance.
I bought lg g3 855 before 2 week with stock lollipop, but the battery draining very fast.
Anonymous, 30 Sep 2015Are you on kitkat or lollipop? Mine 32GB model lollipop gets hot around the camera after 15min... morewell, my g3 runs on lollipop, it gets warm after playing heavy games for about half an hour but it doesn't get hot, I used other devices as well, they get hot even quicker, when it comes to battery life, yes due to QHD screen it consumes more battery, but if I play games continuously it lasts more than 2.5 hrs (to be frank, never checked :) )
I am using LG G3(D855) came with Lollipop 5.0 out of the box. I am getting extremely poor battery life my phone practically remains on the charging all the time. Has anyone else faced the same issue? Solutions if any would be very helpful