LG GT540 Optimus - user opinions and reviews

LG

6.6
6.7
6.6

Hey i would be really gratefull if some one could explain to me how to put my contacts in csv format into my phone contacts folder, tried all the net fixes i could understand plus file managers etc.

please help dont fancy the manual input method cheers

• 2010-07-16 03:45
  • mE0V

please help dont fancy the manual input method cheers

• 2010-07-16 03:45
  • mE0V

> In reply to Palers @ 2010-07-15 23:51 from smMq - click to readif you go into your settings then SD card and phone storage then tick mass storage only this should solve your problem mate. hope it works for you

• 2010-07-16 03:36
  • mEke

Hi there, just wondering does anyone have any problems transferring music or pictures on to this phone via USB. I cant get it to work. The phone comes up as a removable drive in "My computer" but when i try and click it says: "please insert disk into drive j". any ideas?

• 2010-07-15 23:51
  • smMq

> In reply to freefaller @ 2010-07-14 01:18 from myej - click to readI phoned O2 customer services and asked them to disable my GPRS, That way you wont connect to there internet services. You can still use it on your own wifi or hot spots.

• 2010-07-15 22:23
  • pJBh

> In reply to RottenFoxBreath @ 2010-07-14 01:42 from m7HK - click to readThanks again, your tips worked.
I am indeed on O2, and I used £20 in credit in two days.
I followed your tips and found that it was a Flip Clock that kept updating.
Problem now solved - Many Thanks (Again).

• 2010-07-14 10:05
  • myej

> In reply to freefaller @ 2010-07-14 01:18 from myej - click to readIt might be that your credit has been eaten by the weather app, or indeed with the mail programme/calendar/contacts updating constantly.

Settings - Wireless Settings - Mobile Network, then disable that(this will stop all network actions, that require net access)
Settings - Data Synchronization, and uncheck Auto-Sync(which will stop all programmes updating), and uncheck Background Data(for starters to see what happens from now)
Then enable Mobile Network, and take it from there.

I have Mobile Network enabled, Background Data enabled(as some programmes need it), and nothing else, as i tend to check and refresh the programmes when i feel the need to, otherwise, they just update, or check when they feel like it, which can incur charges if you go over your download limit.

Finally, make sure your tariff is on the correct one, for example, with o2 in the uk, you would be wanting to be on at least Text and Web tariff, otherwise, it will just eat away at your credit at a crazy rate.

The last thing is, that if you have no credit or not enough to make the days net costs, you will constantly get that error, which means either top up, check your settings, or phone the operator from customer services on your network, and get them to check your tariff/aniversary for topping up date.

I had that error when i got mine, as they said i couldnt start text and web, without credit, but i couldnt enter credit until i had text and web, but a call to o2 sorted that out.

• 2010-07-14 01:42

To RottenFoxBreath:
Can you help me out again pls.
Something is eating all my prepay credit. I now get a message 'You need XXp(credit) to access WAP'. I have even performed a Hard Reset (Vol up + Home + Search) and reset the phone, but the message still appears.
What do I do?

• 2010-07-14 01:18

Hi all
i want to buy this telephone but i want to check if this mobile write SMS in Arabic or not? the virtual keyboard write Arabic or not?
coz am contact LG-US they told my LG GT540 not our products so am conflicted little bit
any one have a good idea

thx 4 replay

• 2010-07-13 22:28
  • pePm

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-07-13 12:55 from nCmW - click to readopen your menu, and go to:
Settings, then Applications, then Manage Applications.
Finally scroll down to find Google Apps, select it, then press "Clear Data".

This will delete all google data in the mail/marketplace apps.

*back up your contacts first though, as on some phones this will delete them, on the phone, so if you haven't synced them, or aren't bothered, it's fine.

If you want to use, in future multiple email address, then use the "Email" app(should be on the first homepage), and not the Google Mail app, as the data from the Google Mail app is spread out over GMail, Marketplace, and Gtalk, and is for the initial account only.

The Email app is for any old email, like an ISP one, or others, with multiple entries possible for different accounts.

• 2010-07-13 14:38
  • m7HK

how can I logout from Gmail?

I logged in first with my mother's acccount,

later I created one for myself,but I can't log out.

HELP PLZZ

• 2010-07-13 12:55
  • nCmW

please do this telephone supported arabic language or not? can i write in arabic with this model?

• 2010-07-12 02:13
  • pePm

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-07-11 21:59 from myej - click to readnot a problem, glad to help.

You can also add an Alarms folder, if you wanted to change the alarm sounds.
Any other issues, I would be happy to answer them.

• 2010-07-11 22:28

Re: Post by RottenFoxBreath,

Man, you are GOOD! Your posting worked a treat!
I've been trying to solve the problem with the Text Message Sound for ages. I couldn't have done it without your help.
Many Thanks.

• 2010-07-11 21:59
  • myej

@ Anonymous, about the SMS tones..
In the root of your SD card, create a folder called Media, and inside that folder, create another folder called Notifications(you can also add folders called Wallpaper, UI, Ringtones, for their own stuff).
Place your desired tones in the newly made Notifications folder, and in your main settings screen, you can select the Notifications sounds you want, for everything other than texts.
- this screen lets you select notifications for everything bar texts/MMS.
If you want to use a different text tone, than the normal ones, enter your text window(green icon on main home screen, and press menu, then settings, scroll down to ringtone, and it will show all the ones you have added.
This lets you use a ringtone for calls, in the main phone settings, a notification for everything(bar texts), and in the text menu, a seperate ringtone for texts/MMS, etc.

Hope this helps.

• 2010-07-11 14:53

> In reply to [deleted post]in greece is 199 euro

• 2010-07-11 13:22
  • ix1P

Does anyone know how to put a different SMS tone onto this phone? Ringtones are easy enough, but I can't change the text message tone to one of my own. Does it have to be in a specific format?

• 2010-07-11 11:19

HI to all
i m checking this phone on different website. i can see good feedbacks. i think i m going to buy this mobile phone soon !

• 2010-07-11 09:34
  • 3Hj1

> In reply to tanya @ 2010-07-08 21:57 from IaxA - click to readMusic on phone, well their is a useful app called mp3 on Market that you can download free. It searches for free mp3 files. Transfer the audio files to your memory card, that simple. Several methods, you can bluetooth them from another phone, transfer them from your computer, or dowload them from a site.

PS update to my post on this phone, have found a good app that does have an eq' built in for sound works well! Reelplayer beta seems to automatically upscale video content and works well.

• 2010-07-10 20:46
  • 3x}9

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-07-09 14:39 from n2Gt - click to readgreat, thanks for the help. I've never had a capacitive touch screen, so i wont know the difference.
cheers

• 2010-07-09 16:30
  • n5AY
Total of 2533 user reviews and opinions for LG GT540 Optimus.