Hi.Does Arena have call Records(during call)?
and can you use 8gb internal memory as mass storage?
Where is the fu...ng OS?
Windows Mobile or other. This is important, bo no information.
i am a highways matainance worker and this phone is perfect for my work and everyday life, the maps help me find the destination for my job, camera to take pics of my work and features like mp3 and games keep me entertained for the day with the easy to use touch screen
sten, 14 Jul 2009its support mp4, divx, H264.. thats all i use in my arena.. its great and colorful.. Hi Sten. Besides the divx & MP4 file format. Do you know any ideal files format can play a good quality video which downloaded from youtube website???
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970Please comply with the posting rules and don't use the impolite word to posted your comments to our mate here. If you intend to purchase a phone, please tune to the right channel. There are so many phones in various brands can be choose and access it just simply by a single click in the orange bar which located at the left hand side of GSMArena sites. You can read the users' comments & opinions there for the phones you aim for, so that can make a right decision before purchase your favorite phone. Good luck to you & cheer.
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970can't you read?? LMAO, go to the phone that you are choosing and ask then.
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970so i have 4 mobiles to choise... pixon, ultra touch, lg arena and 5800xpress music? what to do? i have a few days to take decision?!
1). now have working GPS
2). can watch YouTube vids thru wifi
3). can see the Removable drives under Windows Vista
4). phone hasn't crashed yet but we'll see after a few days.
(via LG Arena Forum)
Anonymous, 11 Aug 2009Are you agreed that pronunciation for "LG Phone" sound like "Lousy Phone"???samsung phones = nonsense phones
sony = so naive
NOKIA = NO FEAR
andee, 10 Aug 2009I'm from Philippines. What is the latest firmware? Where can I download it? Thanks a lot.hi there.. if your from philp.. please visit this there they can help you.. here a link: http://www.mylgarena.com/index...topic=1592.0
And please also vote for the poll.. thankx.. cheers
andee, 10 Aug 2009I'm from Philippines. What is the latest firmware? Where can I download it? Thanks a lot. hi there.. if your from philp.. please visit this there they can help you.. here a link: http://www.mylgarena.com/index...topic=1592.0
And please also vote for the poll.. thankx.. cheers
Are you agreed that pronunciation for "LG Phone" sound like "Lousy Phone"???
It's just too buggy. Here's a few problems i can think of,
* general browsing and navigating is slow. The cube thing is a useless gimmick and makes it slow to get to where you want.
* The music player doesn't organize very well. Sorting by artists is okay, but when you browse an artist, all tracks by that artist are displayed and only the name of the first album is listed.
* The music player is slow to browse through. The iPhone/iPod style way you flick through your collection is just not fast enough. Framey and not smooth.
* The touch screen sucks when you are dealing with calls. When I get a call and press the answer button, often it doesn't register and I miss the call.
* Sometimes the sound won't play through my headphones when one track ends and the next starts. I either have to unplug and replug the headphones back in, or go back a track then forward a track.
* Sometimes the next track just doesn't play at all. Have to unlock the phone and do it manually. Even when I've selected the option to play the album through.
* You can't seek through a track. No good for long tracks or podcasts or audiobooks.
* Why is there a visualizer for music? There's a selection of about 10 visualizers, and you can't choose not to have one. Who watches the visualizer on their phone? It's not even generated from the music - it's just a video. Waste of battery power IMO.
* Camera takes ages to get into. Should be able to just press the camera button to launch the camera app like nokias.
* The side of the cube that displays songs and photos. I thought it would let you browse through your artists and through all of your photos. But no, you have to select your favourite songs (individual songs) and photos. So stupid. It would be a good feature if you could flick through your artists. I'm not going through all my music to select a few favourite songs that I want a shortcut to because I'm going to play these favourite songs over and over and over again.
* It won't connect to my bluetooth hands-free kit in my car, even though it can see it. I connect, enter the password, and it doesn't work. I'm pretty sure it's not the fault of the hands-free kit coz I've used it with no dramas with a few other phones.
It is just generally a slow phone to use. I used to have a nokia 6500 slide and I could get to anything I wanted in a few button mashes. This phone takes me bloody ages to do anything. And I'm seriously disappointed with the music player. The phone's just not quite there yet.
jean, 10 Aug 2009Ok... so most people here think LG Arena is pretty cool, but could've maaaabye be better. But ... moreIf you are a heavy user, the answer for you is "No".
Yes, you are right and no doubt, this phone is pretty cool. But you must know that we purchase a phone is not based on the design and specifications. Most importantly, the functionality and performance of the phone is the first priority need to consider when we purchase a phone.
That is true, everybody said that no phone in the market is perfect. But i can said that the bugs in this phone is over the acceptable limit and it is really suck if compared to others brands' phone.
The functionality and performance of this phone is not stable and firmware got a lot of bugs. Maybe can shared with you the following issues i encountered and get frustrated after bought this phone few months ago:
1) It will hang occasionally, especially in multi-tasking.
2) It will shut down automattically or get no respond (Screen totally turn black) when surfing.
3) The saved files (doc, pdf, ppt & etc) will suddenly missing from the phone and need to restart the phone very often to retrieve back the files.
4) The music player in this phone was really annoying, it will get no respond after playing the tracks for a period of time. (no sound will come out from the player even the player still in playing status.
I am using Vista BASIC for my laptop... no problems installing and using LG PC suite III. i guess we have different issues...my issue is the phone itself. First, i have an R icon on the screen, which the tech people from my network phone provider says its because the Arena i have was bought in HK and was program for asia. however, no problems with the functions, and i made sure im not in a roaming account at the end of the month, luckily thr R icon is just there like a sore thumb and nothing else. love the Arena, altho slow, lags but perfect for divx music vids.
Ok... so most people here think LG Arena is pretty cool, but could've maaaabye be better. But some of you guys are saying it's totally bugged and the store people have no idea what's going on. So, as a vote, (now comes the grand question-)
"Should I buy it?"
alfred, 09 Aug 2009i already try what you have said before i have post my comments here but luckily it won't work... moreHi
I have the same problem with Vista I can use and load the PC suite cd that was part of the package, but I cannot update this to the newer version, also I cannot load the updater tool from the LG website and therfore cannot update the firmware. I have spoke to T-Mobile and LG and both of them have told me they also can't load the software on their Vista machines!!
If you manage to fix this for Vista please let us know the procedure it would be most appreciated. Good Luck !!
DB, 09 Aug 2009The arena is not an easy phone to use... poor s/ware with lots of bugs. Documentation and supp... moreI agree that the LG KM900 is not an easy to use phone.I bought a unit because it is cheaper than the iPhone and it looks very promising with the multi-touch feature similar to the iPhone. Also, I was struck with the way the GUI was presented in the ads.
However, I found that I lost a couple of dollars when I fanally got a unit because it is not as promising as the iPhone after all. The operating system does not support most of the software that I needed such as nimbuzz for messaging, and the ease of configuring gmail IMAP access compared to my E71. Worst, it can't play DIVX movies as indicated in the ads. So, I end up trashing the expensive KM900 against my beloved Nokia E71. The E71 is useable right out of the box in terms of Gmail IMAP account ease of configuration (meaning I don't have to dig into thousands of pages), NIMBUZZ software compatibility, and it plays DIVX with just a simple download of DIVX player from the unit itself.
Well, in fairness, the picture quality is good. But the phone is not designed to be more of a camera, but a phone. Answering a call, and hanging the call is really a pain.
However, I am not closing my doors, and still waiting for the manufacturer to provided solutions and more informations on how we can enjoy using the LG KM900 as promised.