I bought an LG KP110, quite satisfied with that phone when looking at those features it offers when compared to other phones of similar price range by NOKIA, SAMSUNG, SONY ERICSSON etc.
Friends, I have some questions.. Anybody..Please.. reply me. to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. How can I install J2ME applications, games into my LG KP110 from computer?
2. From a website, I heard there is call recording in KP110. But I could not find it. Where is it..?
3. How can I insert a newline character when keying in a message?
4. How can I manually lock the keypad?
5. From a website, I heard there is FM radio recording in KP110. But I could not find it. Where is it..?
5. From a website, I heard there is video playback is in KP110. But I could not find it. Where is it..?
6. From a website, I heard there is video callerID facility in KP110. But I could not find it. Where is it..?
- 2008-06-26 15:36
I bought an LG KP110, quite satisfied with that phone when looking at those features it offers when compared to other phones of similar price range by NOKIA, SAMSUNG, SONY ERICSSON etc. Previously, I owned a NOKIA 6030.
This phone is found better because:
Battery backup is satisfactory. Fully discharge it (until Low Battery warning is shown on screen) and then charge it fully before first use.
Very nice user interfaces even if it does not have any theme support.
Identifies common image formats.
No driver needed to connect to a computer.
Phone with memory inserted can also be used as a pen drive like USB mass storage. (great!!!)
GPRS browsing is satisfactory as seen on NOKIA 6030.
Upto 500 contacts with 7 field each, 150 message storage(total in inbox, outbox, draft,..) inside phones built-in 1MB memory.
MP3 playback support, FM radio and voice recorder are very useful.
Useful anti-theft mobile tracker.
Decent screen display.
Very useful tools.
Perfect preloaded collection of loud ringtones with striking instrument sounds!!!
Same port on the phone for USB, headset and charger.
Really very slim and light weight.
Simply browse into the memory card (after connecting to computer via USB cable) from the computer and cut/copy/delete/paste song files/picture files etc, but put them in appropriate folders of appropriate types (Sounds, Images, Others). No additional software to browse phone card memory is needed .
Store miscellaneous files inside Others folder.
Bundled earphones are at an average. Also very sharp, avoid using them at a high volume. (Don't worry, use thick sponge/cloth covers on earphones if available).
No playback support for MPEG2 Layer3 or MPEG2.5 Layer3 files (these files also appear with .mp3 extension). But don't worry, our MP3 music files are made as MPEG1 Layer3 files.
No newline (enter-key character) character insertion found when keying in a message (this is strange!!)
Arrow keys cannot be customized.
Actually, the user manual supplied cannot describe all the phone functions in detail.
1. Phone hanged (keypad is made non-responsive) and got restarted when a call came at that time i was using the Voice recorder's menu, and the in came number was not saved. Please don't take this down side as an issue since it is found harmless to the mobile or the the caller on the other side.
Luckly, this problem is not there during recording voice or mp3 playback or radio playback or during using any other menu.
For true specifications, visit LG's website and look for LG KP110.
TRY TO BUY FROM AN LG DIRECT DEALER OR LG SHOWROOM NEARBYTO ENSURE ALL THE CONTENTS:
1GB memory card.
USB cable to connect to computer.
Anyway, for it's price it does it's job well and good and excellent.
- 2008-06-26 15:34
> In reply to Daniel @ 2008-06-24 03:30 from P9Tx - click to read@Daniel, LG KP110 is not a java based phone. It is a propreitary Operating system based phone.
- 2008-06-26 00:26
I Buy east telephone(lg kp110a), and it only has 1mb of internal memory!!!.
serious good that it has java and that is but fast the reading of the images
- 2008-06-24 03:30
- 2008-06-22 21:34
Can the lg kp110 be used as a modem to connect to your laptop or desktop computer to browse the internet. You can email your answer to email@example.com
- 2008-06-22 14:22
> In reply to ved @ 2008-06-08 15:15 from vwmH - click to readwhat makes LG Kp 110 better than motorola w230??
- 2008-06-17 20:07
i think company is in competition with moto w230 but lg dont seem to understand the market needs and status. with this handset we get cheap headphone which is obivious of china made and screen is too short. overall i have never ever seen this type of pathetic phone
- 2008-06-16 14:09
I Just purchase this phone yesterday, i just wonder where is the USB function. that is indicated on the box? look like it is a fake info on this.
- 2008-06-15 04:54
Hi all. Purchased this phone yesterday in India for Rs.2700/- . My primary requirement is a phone without camera (I work in an organization where camera phones are not allowed.).
The pros about this phone:
1) Good looks
2) Value for money
3) FM and MP3 in a basic phone
4) Very cheap
5) Memory expansion is an added advantage
6) Slim and light weight
7) Automatically picked up the settings for GPRS
8) GUI is really good at many points
9) Recognises midi files also.
10) 1 GB Micro SD card bundled with the pack.
Now the Cons:
1) Hard keypad
2) GPRS is pathetic
3) Bundled earphones are worst
4) FM and MP3 are not loud enough in the speaker phone
5) Bundled earphones are not at all good looking and resemble cheap chinese made
6) Manual is really of now use and some functions are not at all described.
7) Directional keys cannot be customised
8) Contacts searching is slow.
9) No button on the headset to accept calls. So you have to take out your phone and press the accept button to answer a call.
10) FM will not work until earphones are plugged.
11) Difficult to recognise the battery level as the battery meter is very dull grey white.
But overall the phone is value for money as many basic FM phones will not come with memory expansion and MP3 player. Since this is a basic phone it is equipped with a CSTN screen so do not expect good clear pictures.
One interesting fact is that this phone follows strict directory structure. For example if you store a mp3 file directly in the root of the memory card the phone will not recognise!! It has to be kept in the folder Sounds which is predefined in the memory card. Then only the phone recognises the file. The same applies to images and wallpapers also.
- 2008-06-09 14:27
- Mobile man
Hi i just bought this fabulous handset from LG . the phone is relly slim and light weight ,memory bundle is more than sufficient and it suffises all my music related needs wether mp3 or fm playback
- 2008-06-09 10:32
This is nice sexy phone,,actully i buy 4 motorola w230 but lg kp110 is too good compare to w230, so this is too good phone......... sound too good, picture is too clear
- 2008-06-08 15:15
dear Dave and abhik
since you already own this phone please let me know whether you can listen to FM and MP3 on this phone on loudspeaker ( like many other LG phones) or do you need to attach headphone for the same.
- 2008-06-06 08:26
Bought a set at S$98 in Singapore and I must say for such a slim and handy device (a mere 65g), the MP3 player is reasonably good (loud volume and clear sound). Battery life is good as well. A cool budget phone with presentable outlook and features not usually associated with phones of this price.
- 2008-06-03 11:17
Hey!!!....excellent..in one word.Yesterday i visited the Mobile Store and bought one.built in MP3 player.I got a GB micro sd memory card Free with the pack.A USB connectivity cable was given inside the pack.What else do You need for such low prices(2800/-).Now i don't have to carry my Mp3 player with me....now wat i have to see is the battery performance.I think it will do quite good.the screen is a bit smaller.....Wish it had a camera too!!!lolz!!!
- 2008-06-03 08:20
> In reply to Anonymous @ 2008-05-30 17:43 from v}P8 - click to readcan we download photos in lg kp110 mobile thru memory card?
- 2008-06-01 14:43