I own this phone 2 years. It is really nice, with many abilities (sorry for my grammar) BUT: the battery isn't long enough, and lasts only one day to me. What is more it has a really small "memory" and many apps can't get passed at the SD card I put. Finally it would be better if more cases were suitable for this phone. 😉😉😉
Battery life is pooooooor,even if it has quite a big battery,it is poop.Max 4 days of standby.(tested that with my dad's lg l65 which he doesn't use that much)
Review based on specs and experience. (Sorry if my grammar is wrong...)
- The LG UI is very good; I like the "plus" features (quiet mode, Knock Code (I don't use it though), etc)
- Good speed, lag spikes are rare
- Good display/IPS screen; the size (4.3 inches) is "not too small and not too big"
- The resolution (480x800) is average/ok
- 1 GB RAM is enough (only "big(ger)" games slows the phone)
- The pictures taken with the 5MP camera are ok. The flash is "good to have", and the (auto)focus is good
- The sound is ok
- The WiFi and the Bluetooth is "good". Haven't tried the GPS
The bad (really bad):
- Android 4.4.2 is REALLY bad, because of the SD-Card permission changes (apps can't access the SD-Card, etc)
- The internal storage is VERY small, and Android KitKat makes it even worse (as I said above)
- The videos made with the camera are just 480p!
- The radio doesn't work/stopped working: when I click the "FM Radio" app it crashes immediately
- There aren't many sensors. (There is just an accelerometer and a proximity sensor)
- Adobe Flash player would be a good switchable feature. (Can be turned on/off)
- The battery life is poor
- There are wrong translations
- There are bugs and glitches (for example, sometimes quiet mode only turns on/off after restarting the phone)
- System updates comes out very slowly, if you even get one...
- My phone survived 1 years without any problems (except Android and storage space...), then it "became independent": sometimes its flash turns on randomly, it notifies me with the notification sound when there isn't any notifications, some apps delete their data, and now, the phone crashes (bootloop, demigod crash handler pops up, etc). Not sure if the only one bugfix update messed up everything, or I got a virus (which is not likely), but now I need a new phone, because the phone became unstable.
When I bought this phone, I thought it was a good phone... Well, I was wrong.
Maybe I'm done with LG.
Written from LG L65 (D280n).
P.S. Some of the phone's specs are worse than Samsung Galaxy S' (yes, the first one!)!
Standby time is bad,leave it fully charged overnight and in morning it has 80% battery.The phone has no apps installed.
Already one year using this phone: good speed, good camera with autofocus, fast GPS tracking, played games like Asphalt 8, Riptide GP2 and Modern Combat 4 without lags,
system never crashes, is very stable.
Overall: 8.5/10...why? low internal memory but it can be solved.
No notification light. And home button answer? Can't get it to work any of you managed those?
If these don't work i'll give it back.
This is the worse phone you can buy, as soon as you get a few apps it gets memory full and its nearly impossible to re root it, I only have whats up, line and two more apps and I cant take any more pics or downlad any more apps. what a nightmare. PLEASE, DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE!! what a waste of money
sallke, 03 Jan 2015When I open to see a memory usage in SETTINGS Ican see that the phone have just a 1.5GB of int... moreOnly 1.5 gb u can use for apps and data.. Other 2.5 is reserved for the system. Dont worry, it is how it is :)
I like this phone, but i cant buy in my country. Will you sell it in indonesia?
When I open to see a memory usage in SETTINGS Ican see that the phone have just a 1.5GB of internal memory. where is the other 2.5GB, why cant I see it and is it avelaible for users?
I really like this phone but how can i re-route the downloads to my sd card???