LG L90 D405 - user opinions and reviews

LG

7.7
7.8
7.8

> In reply to bella belle @ 2015-02-27 02:03 from ICaA - click to readDo a factory reset in menu or hard reset holding power button and volume down when lg logo appears release volume button while holding power button and press volume down again and hold both buttons until white screen comes . then after reset press 3845#*405# in setting update touch firmware. If not working after that go and ask for new phone as doa.

• 2015-02-27 19:55
  • m@ZS

I just purchased this phone less than 10 days ago. Already when I'm on the internet it's just blanks off to my home screen. When im watching a video like on Facebook, it does the same blinking off and goes to home screen. This is aggravating for a brand new phone. I didn't download apps because i was afraid of things like this happening. Ive been using the web version of fb to avoid this kind off foolishness. Now I'm dealing with it anyway. With a new phone... Why???? Im taking this back.

• 2015-02-27 02:03
  • ICaA

Using adblock plus apk really speed your chrome web browser. I've noticed how websites are packed with junk and ads. This really speeds browser fast.
Also test Kodi it's really great for everything. To bad this phone have only 1gb ram, I use this phone for everything remote, media playerchromecast etc

• 2015-02-26 17:52
  • m@ZS

> In reply to Android27 @ 2015-02-26 10:27 from bCg7 - click to readftp server on ES Explorer works as good as any wifi direct client out there up to 4 mbit/s and it's much easier from windowc pc too both ways but it only works on internal storage. external storage is a no go because of limitations in kitkat, you can only copy from external storage to pc or other devices using ftp but upload doesnt work. And without internet so it's by either wifi or wifi hotspot too and reverse method also.

• 2015-02-26 12:45
  • m%cU

Lollipop source code has been put up by LG, but unfortunately there's no confirmation of an update.

I'd be pleased if they'd just push the 5.0 update. Not even the 5.1

• 2015-02-26 10:31
  • bCg7

Those in need of a 'WiFi Direct' app should look into this, as it works flawlessly on L90 (and even other phones)

Fastfile Transfer (blazing fast transfers, seriously)

­
Though it's a trial, I'm sure you know how to get around to that :P

• 2015-02-26 10:27
  • bCg7

> In reply to Benforting @ 2015-02-22 22:11 from LcaN - click to readRAM utilization isn't the best in phones at this range. Could be, that your internal memory has run out of space. Could be, that another app is causing it.

Try a reboot first, if you haven't already for the last 2-3 months. Sometimes, I've had the camera misbehaving on me and a reboot would simply fix that.

Try using a third party app to check whether the problem is specific to only stock app.

• 2015-02-26 10:20
  • bCg7

> In reply to Benforting @ 2015-02-22 22:11 from LcaN - click to readI think its if you have to many photo that it uses more ram for cache. use dalvik instead of art

P.S for everyone
stock video player can videocast network stream using chromecast. you can lock your phone it doesnt need to stay on for screen casting
When you want to stream network stream while cast screen is enabled you get message video playing on external screen which AWESOME. now you can lock your phone and watch video thrue chromecast

• 2015-02-22 22:23
  • m%cU

Can anybody help me out? My gallery sometimes breaks and shuts, other times works perfectly... It's the same with the camera but idk how to solve this i tried everything i know... I have it for 2/3 months now. Thanks :)

• 2015-02-22 22:11
  • LcaN

Does anubody notice problem with screen like death pixels?

• 2015-02-22 20:20
  • dMK{

Chromecast works perfect and Cast Screen works only in dalvik runtime and not ART. important Dalvik only cast screen. play games, watch web browser UI and everything. Delay about -0,5s max

• 2015-02-17 23:49
  • m%cU

> In reply to Anon Reply @ 2015-02-12 08:56 from N$Kt - click to readES file explorer have semi wifi direct and ftp for transfering files

• 2015-02-15 11:36
  • m%cU

I have only just got my lgl90 and can find no fault at all. It is a great phone, and at this price, Value for money. Hoppy.

• 2015-02-13 16:07
  • m5y%

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-02-10 18:20 from q8tB - click to readHe said there's no native "Wi-Fi Direct" support. It's a feature that uses Wi-Fi in order to transfer files directly between two devices that support this feature. The phone, however, does have Wi-Fi and you can use it to connect to your home wireless network if you want internet access. He only meant that if you'd want to transfer files to other phones using Wi-Fi Direct, you will have to get some external application that does that because the phone does not come with this ability.

• 2015-02-12 08:56
  • N$Kt

> In reply to Android27 @ 2015-01-31 13:21 from bC6n - click to readWhat do you mean there is no native wi-fi support? Will it hook up to my wifi at home and elsewhere?

• 2015-02-10 18:20
  • q8tB

> In reply to The Metalian @ 2015-01-25 17:15 from 3LTU - click to readAnd no native support for WiFi Direct, either.

Rest all is good, especially moving apps to SD (natively, despite being on KitKat) and 8 multitouch points.

• 2015-01-31 13:21
  • bC6n

So...

This phone is great!
Has nfc, 8 mpx camera with good quality, 8 gig storage (4 gig for user so i installed 32 gig micro sd), msm 8226 is very good beats mediatek for this price range for good (dont expect 4x cortex a7 to perform like 4x kraits) adreno 305 is good enough for gaming (real racing 3 and so work great, no lags) user interface is good. Screen is very good, very bright. Speakers al very loud, loudest phone i ever had.
Best is battery, it can go for 5-6 days with medium usage.
Downside: no usb OTG nor led noitifications nor light ambience senzor

• 2015-01-25 17:15
  • 3LTU

I bought this phone in march last year and this phone is stable. The unlocked version d405 without nfc. It had some issues but it was more from google's side. The battery holds pretty good when you do a complete charge cycle otherwise battery is like on all devices if you charge half full. You must to a complete cycle sometimes to get better battery time. Gps works great. It doesnt work indoors. Everybody knows this stuff. You cant expect for gps to work in basement. For touch part issue. You have to choiced. Either to go in hidden menu 3845#*405# and update touch firmware or in settings and calibrate motion sensor. Sometimes touch doesnt work in bed or on table but i like it that way because you need to pick up your phone and interactive with it. Speaker is pretty loud for this device. Camera is ok. This phone supports also quickcharge 2.0 i already tested this with samsung charger. The only thing which is bad on this devicd is original charger which downgrades after some time. Lg is famous for this. The charger holds max 6 months of max capacity. Yesterday i bought quickwindow case for this phone and it is nice addition as lg g2 and g3 has it also. My next device after this will be Asus zenfone 2 and im glad that i had this lg l90. So long...

• 2015-01-22 00:47
  • SH70

> In reply to msdederam @ 2015-01-21 21:24 from jej% - click to readThis phone works perfectly, unlocked version. T-mobile is crap so dont blame the phone. T-mobile version is full of bloatware and their own optimization. But then again your phone is doa! For gps you have internal gps! But yet again crappy a-gps by google. Go to settings and activate positioning in google settings. Always do a factory reset when you buy a phone. Deactivate bloatware in settings and charge full discharge full charge and you are good to go

• 2015-01-22 00:31
  • SH70

Why???!!!! did I buy??!!!! I know..yes, it was the price and you know the saying...yes, you get what you pay for. I hate that I'm financially strapped right now and needed something a little more economical at this time. All I'm going to say is...as SOON as I am back to where I need to be financially, this phone will be history!!!! In all my years of buying cell phones, I have never had a problem with a brand new phone. I've bought the insurance through the years and of course had bad experiences with buying insurance and then when you have a problem, 2 years into the contract, they want to charge you 2 arms and 2 legs for the replacement. So no, I didn't buy the insurance..why...Oh, I'll only have it a year...and being a new phone, surely I'll be okay...WRONG!!! The battery will not hold a charge..thought it was the battery, sent me a new battery...doesn't fix my problems with screens freezing up on me. Text messages is a joke..you may get a message through and then again...NOT. Calls drop because the phone just completely shuts off...says something about overheating if you try to brighten your screen...and yes...I had gotten spoiled by my Nokia Lumina's GPS worked PERFECT and now...oh well...I'll have to borrow a friend's GPS system when I travel now. So they're sending me a new (another) LG Optimus L90. Of course they said oh, it may be new or like new...but I just paid for a NEW phone!!!!! I'm getting to where I dislike Tmobile anymore...but what can I say...I've gotten myself stuck in a jam! Lord help me endure these next 12 months...aarrgghh!!!!

• 2015-01-21 21:24
  • jej%
Total of 617 user reviews and opinions for LG L90 D405.