LG Nexus 4 E960 - user opinions and reviews

7.8
7.8
8.1

Dear Nexus 4 Users,
Its has been learnt that there is a genuine manufacturing defect in our phones. Sooner or later most LG Nexus phones stumble upon a vaguely known hardware or software problem called Erratic Touchscreen/Ghost Touch/Soft Keys Unresponsiveness (especially those upgraded to Lollipop 5.0). You can look up online with the above respective keywords to learn about this huge hidden problem.
It's sad that more and more nexus 4 users have been plagued by this software/hardware issue and yet there's no statements by Google or LG addressing this problem. This leads me to a petition created by frustrated nexus 4 users demanding Google and Lg address our concerns. So heres the link to it: change.org/en-IN/petitions/google-and-lg-please-­accept-quality-issues-in-nexus-series-of-mobile-­phones#share I encourage everyone to take a min to sign it, as this may be the only way our voices can be heard. We really hope that we get a solution in the next following weeks because we love this phone and I'd hate to have to give up on it.

• 2015-04-16 15:04
  • utH$

> In reply to youssef abogabl @ 2015-04-04 19:20 from rkNx - click to readHaving same problem on my cell also

• 2015-04-15 03:51
  • X0y$

Hi is there anyone facing problem of soft keys ( menu , back , recent keys) after updating os to lollypop I am facing problem after same.

• 2015-04-15 03:46
  • X0y$

love it really updated to 5.0.1
no hang no problem

• 2015-04-12 17:59
  • rx7V

> In reply to yash @ 2015-04-09 08:48 from 2@dg - click to readLollipop is exlent

• 2015-04-12 06:38
  • XuZ@

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-04-10 23:12 from gID7 - click to readOk this happens to me quite a lot.
What you want to do is charge your phone from a wall plug not from your laptop (that's the 1st thing).

Steps to follow are:
1) Plug your charger in a wall socket (doesn't matter if its a USB charger and you add your micro USB cable to it)

2)On your Nexus 4, maintain volume down key and power key for at least 5seconds (say 10 to be sure). Don't rush this and take your time.

3) While maintaining both keys pressed with one hand, insert the microUSB cable to charge your phone.

4) Keep the key pressed for another 10 seconds now with the charger.

5) Hopefully, you should get a screen that comes up with a little Android. You can select options with Up & Down volume keys and confirm with the power key. By default "START' should be selected so just press the power key to confirm.

6) Your phone should now work.

Note:
This sometimes works without using a wall socket and works from a laptop but it rarely does for me so I wouldn't charge it from a laptop to restart the phone.

Once the phone is restarted you can charge anyway you like.

This red light happens to me once a month but I got so used to the technique now that I barely loose time when doing it now.

Hope this helps,
B

• 2015-04-11 15:56
  • H5Kr

my nexus 4 suddenly went black, i cant switch it on neither reboot it or even connect it to pc !
whenever i put it on charge a solid red light shows, help plz :/

• 2015-04-10 23:12
  • gID7

> In reply to sinisa @ 2015-03-31 20:56 from d%{H - click to readUse volume control button to switch between vibration and sound mode, however even i didnt get a clue about how to switch to silent mode (non vibration/sound mode)

• 2015-04-09 16:33
  • 98c{

Any info about nexus 4 lollipop 5.1

• 2015-04-09 08:48
  • 2@dg

Can't hear anything when I make a call. Can someone help?????

• 2015-04-09 03:37
  • 8Hem

> In reply to Gen999 @ 2015-04-08 06:56 from kxC8 - click to readBuy OTG cable and then plug a computer mouse to the phone then use the mouse to unlock the phone copy all your data off it.

• 2015-04-09 02:39
  • 3ap1

> In reply to Gen999 @ 2015-04-08 06:56 from kxC8 - click to readChange ur fon use microsoft lumia fons

• 2015-04-08 12:20
  • v0qT

Hey! If my Nexus screen is so broken that it doesn't recognise the code. And I still want all my files that are on this phone. How can I get access to the memory from my laptop to transfer the files??? (I have a new Galaxy S5 so if I can do it without changing the screen that would be awesome)

• 2015-04-08 06:56
  • kxC8

> In reply to NItish Shrestha @ 2015-04-05 07:03 from PGs2 - click to readyes lollipop and more

• 2015-04-06 04:54
  • rqUW

Showing error while updating 5.1 version.....what might be the reason?pls help guys......

• 2015-04-05 11:10
  • Hkt{

Does it goes to android 5.1

• 2015-04-05 07:03
  • PGs2

Its A Great Phone .m using it No Problem at all .

• 2015-04-05 04:26
  • KIDp

the soft keys(back,home,tasks) stop working after while of upgrading my phone to lollipop

• 2015-04-04 19:20
  • rkNx

> In reply to dani @ 2015-03-23 20:33 from NXNp - click to readIf you had back up your photos and videos into google+, you can easily transfer them into your Nexus 4. but if u didnt back them up, sorry but I can't help u

• 2015-04-03 04:38
  • v3BQ

For you guys complaining about Lollipop, Just know that 1) Its a newer OS designed for newer phones. 2) All new OS's try to add new features, most of witch take more processing power and don't work correctly. (for an example, look at Apple's IOS 8).

This phone is now best for what its not designed to do. That is Ubuntu for phones (https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/start/ubuntu-fo­r-devices/installing-ubuntu-for-devices/). That is what I got this phone for and it is excellent.

• 2015-04-02 14:18
  • rVmt
Total of 4542 user reviews and opinions for LG Nexus 4 E960.