LG Nexus 5 - user opinions and reviews

LG

8.1
8.2
8.4

> In reply to steve @ 2015-02-27 17:24 from HsIE - click to readHey, I guess overcharging might have damaged your battery.

• 2015-03-02 09:13
  • AfHc

> In reply to Pedja @ 2015-02-28 15:37 from 0T3D - click to readNo i think its probably this type of problem in your cell. I m also using nexus 5

• 2015-03-02 07:14
  • t}xb

Dear All, does anyone have problem during call? Voice is crystal at home, but in the crowdy street I sometimes cannot hear my mate.

• 2015-02-28 15:37
  • 0T3D

> In reply to steve @ 2015-02-27 17:24 from HsIE - click to readI had a similar problem, but not so high battery draining. Try to clean cached files, worked for me. Or try to reboot.

• 2015-02-28 15:01
  • 3ptZ

> In reply to steve @ 2015-02-27 17:24 from HsIE - click to readSame things with my mobile after 1 year of good working after updating to lollipop. Its kind of acting useless.

I have claimed warranty for the replacement. Its been 3 months they took my mobile. Still i didn't got replacement.

• 2015-02-28 12:52
  • rKM@

> In reply to steve @ 2015-02-27 17:24 from HsIE - click to readFirst of all go into your running apps and see how much ram is being used by the system... Mine has a bug that makes the system use 1.2gb ram with no foreground apps running. It's quite easily fixed by switching the phone off then back on again. Also try switching the phone off after you've used your camera as that has a bug too. Have you dropped your phone recently? This can rupture battery cells and reduce battery performance.

• 2015-02-28 11:34
  • 39xV

Hello everybody, my phone works nice and flawless. However, I am having an issue during GSM conversation. In my opinion, sound is clear, but I often don't understand what is said. This is strange for me, I think problem is not mobile carrier. Does anyone have idea what is the problem? And how to be solved? Tnx

• 2015-02-28 00:23
  • snN{

Guys from past week i m facing problems..
I have used nexus 5 for a year now..
I have been keeping phone on charge full night.. And things worked out preety well till now..
But from past week i m getting massive drainage of battery..
I m dropping to 30-40% battery life just in 2 hrs without even turning on the screen.. I tryed to check if any background app is on or what.. But there were none..
I m having a feeling my battery gonna die soon.. What do i do plz help me in this..

• 2015-02-27 17:24
  • HsIE
  • F

> In reply to Manish @ 2015-02-27 08:57 from tUHA - click to readMy concern is that very few technical ad specific questions asked. Mostly battery sucks, not getting update, or opinion of all what shud I buy this or that model. How can you answer or even give opinion on an hardware restrictions or my experience good someone bad, all about handling phone. So mostly Indians are n majority. I mean to say openely not got anything productive, but just visit site to read latest news only.

• 2015-02-27 15:28
  • 6QWQ

> In reply to Manish @ 2015-02-27 08:57 from tUHA - click to read@ Manish

Well said! Every phone has a problem at sometime or another. That's what Forum's like this one is for; allowing users with problems to discuss it with others to find a solution.
I had a problem with the microphone on my N5 (not an uncommon fault unfortunately) where people couldn't hear what I was saying. I found a WIDGET on Google Play Store that corrected the fault and was able to share it with others here.
The widget is called 'Volume Control Widget' by Serkun if anyone else is interested. Just tap on the widget and set all the sliders to maximum. It cured my problem. One of the other good things about it is that you can set your phone on Silent in 2 steps. Tap the widget, select Silent, and it is done. Tap the widget again and set to Normal. Silent mode is one of the things missing on Lollipop, and until Google release v5.2 with a Silent update then we are left to find another solution.
I know that you can tap the Volume switch and press the Bell symbol to set the phone on Vibrate but that isn't the same as Mute. This widget is the best cure so far.

• 2015-02-27 10:24
  • mySN

Help, my battery drains faster in lollipop. How can I work around this issue?

• 2015-02-27 10:23
  • fmgj

> In reply to THE SUNNY @ 2015-02-26 16:03 from t1$D - click to readHey Sunny,
If some guys are having problems with the device and they are discussing here, let them do it!
if there is any problem in there device people should know this. that is why people use this website to get a review.
So you do not tell anyone what to do if they are having problems in there device.

• 2015-02-27 08:57
  • tUHA

> In reply to THE SUNNY @ 2015-02-26 16:03 from t1$D - click to readThats right buddy . its the nice phone. whoever doesnt know it well having problem with it.

• 2015-02-27 06:14
  • PVdQ

> In reply to THE SUNNY @ 2015-02-26 16:03 from t1$D - click to readWe also love this phone, nd this is the world's best smart phone... Bt I just want to resolve the problem which I faced always..

• 2015-02-27 05:26
  • bCgg

There is also a big problem with nexus 5 that is many times camera doesn't work properly?? Problem occurs just after the lollipop, may be this is also a bug, but I want to know that is this solve in next version 5.1.o???

• 2015-02-27 05:23
  • bCgg

> In reply to Freefaller @ 2015-02-26 18:09 from mySN - click to readIs this problem solve in lollipop 5.1.0 of flash light???

• 2015-02-27 05:20
  • bCgg

> In reply to Deepak Sharma @ 2015-02-26 03:16 from bCeG - click to read@ Deepak Sharma

This is just one of the bugs that is known about in Lollipop OS:

@ THE SUNNY

It's not ALWAYS the users fault like you suggest!

• 2015-02-26 18:09
  • mySN

Let me tell you guys, I have not faced a single problem till date.
I don't understand why anonymous guys are complaining this issue & that issue.
If there is any issue then its particularly with your handset.
Go to your nearest service centre & tell them.
Because I know & I can guarantee it is a great phone, & performance wise the best.
So, please don't try to create a negative impression of Nexus-5, I love this phone.
Only thing I don't like is the white background in the lollipop version.

• 2015-02-26 16:03
  • t1$D

let me know which tempered glass is better and where to buy it

• 2015-02-26 08:06
  • PVdQ

Nexus 5 has a big problem with the flash light, when we just open the flash light for around 3-4 minutes then it's automatically off, and not after on until switch off the phone...

• 2015-02-26 03:16
  • bCeG
Total of 6012 user reviews and opinions for LG Nexus 5.